News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Tactics Ogre PSP Remake Assistance  (Read 3657 times)

Edea

• View Profile
Tactics Ogre PSP Remake Assistance
« on: June 03, 2013, 11:33:53 pm »
What I've found, so far:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File: USRDIR/03E8.BIN
Address: $8250A
Start of Class Data.  Stuff like stat modifiers, what magic/skills each class can use, movement types, portrait modifiers, etc.  I edited the Lord class to have 0 RT penalty and all armor equips, Denam's crazy fast now and wearing the Ji'ygla Set.

File: USRDIR/03E8.BIN
Address: $8ACD3
Start of Class Names and Descriptions.  There's a lot of text in this file, actually, I managed to edit "Bladur Sword" back to "Baldur Sword" in the shop screen.

What I'm looking for
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help or resources regarding PSP hacking, which I'm aware is asking a lot.  In particular I know that the PSP version of Final Fantasy Tactics has actually been hacked into, but most of it's been done with FFTPatcher and I didn't locate any specifics.  Thankfully it looks like TO is not compressed (and the /USRDIR files are not encrypted in any manner)

The problem is that Tactics Ogre's /USRDIR has 30+ files in it, 03E8 is just one of them, and they're all named in a similar manner so there's no way to tell what kind of data is in each file.  They're all kinds of sizes, some of them over 100 MB.

Has -anyone else- tried snooping around inside this game, yet?  I'm looking for the unique RT modifiers for each character; they're definitely tied to a special ID number of some sort, as Sara and Voltare both have unique RT modifiers even though they do not have unique portraits, sprites, or classes of any kind.   JPCSP has a debugger, but I don't even know where to set the breakpoints at the moment because I dunno where in the RAM that data's stored (it's not with the normal character data). 

Also, I haven't found what controls weapon access, what's in each skill/equipment/magic set (I can change -which- skill/equipment/magic set a class uses, but not what's inside that set), magic/equipment stats, etc..  I was really hoping all of this would also be in 03E8.BIN, but I've been looking for awhile and I'm feeling my head start to spin.

Dahl

• View Profile
Re: Tactics Ogre PSP Remake Assistance
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:55:48 am »
While not exactly what you're looking for, this thread has a huge amount of codes that might be useful for finding the addresses you need (or so I hope).

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums/topic/928249/1/

Edea

• View Profile
Re: Tactics Ogre PSP Remake Assistance
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 04:34:17 am »
Ohh, they helped alright, thanks for the link.  I've found all kinds of stuff by this point.  Class stats, unique character stats, equipment parameters, spell/finisher/skill parameters, description text, menu text, game dialogue, etc.  If someone needs a piece of data for some reason I'll post it up, but yeah I've made numerous 'perma-edits' to my copy of the game by this point.  Denam with a -20 RT modifier and access to Meditate and Wizard-type gear in his Lord class; finally I have him the way I want him...