News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.01)  (Read 114698 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Did you end up updating the Opera lyrics to match the English performances?

I made a ROM with the lyrics changed to match, however when I made the patch it wasn't compatible with the ROM made from the MSU-1 Installer. I haven't tested yet, but I am going to try and make another that will match the words better. Also, I don't know if you intend to fix the names in the Music Player.

edale

• View Profile
I made a ROM with the lyrics changed to match, however when I made the patch it wasn't compatible with the ROM made from the MSU-1 Installer. I haven't tested yet, but I am going to try and make another that will match the words better. Also, I don't know if you intend to fix the names in the Music Player.
What's wrong with the names in the music player? IIRC the music player patches in the MSU mod are fine.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
What's wrong with the names in the music player? IIRC the music player patches in the MSU mod are fine.

The actual player isn't the issue, it's the song titles. The spacing in the ROM incorrectly places 3 end song bytes to the apostrophe. So now, songs like Locke's Theme or Kefka's Tower are cut off just saying Locke or Kefka. I corrected this with the Music Player included with TWUE, but to my understanding you are using a modified version to be compatible with the MSU-1 mod.

This can be easily remedied by editing it and making a new patch for the Music Player. I can do it but the MSU-1 Installer still uses Version 2.00 of TWUE instead of 2.01. Once that's made I CAN make a patch with the live English performances that should work if I test it out.

edale

• View Profile
The actual player isn't the issue, it's the song titles. The spacing in the ROM incorrectly places 3 end song bytes to the apostrophe. So now, songs like Locke's Theme or Kefka's Tower are cut off just saying Locke or Kefka. I corrected this with the Music Player included with TWUE, but to my understanding you are using a modified version to be compatible with the MSU-1 mod.

This can be easily remedied by editing it and making a new patch for the Music Player. I can do it but the MSU-1 Installer still uses Version 2.00 of TWUE instead of 2.01. Once that's made I CAN make a patch with the live English performances that should work if I test it out.
I'll need to check, but I think those fixes are already in the MSU music player.

*edit- Hmmm, nope. Those tracks are displaying with the problem you described.

*edit2- https://mega.nz/#!iZ5HySCC!6BlSleNSEm50EkOQ5_X-qlOkphgO_M8a-eDpxAMsDjY
That's a link to the modified Music Player, including ASM files. Should make fixing the issue simple.
We only use the main menu versions in the Dancing Mad installer.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:39:13 am by edale »

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
I dunno the cause of these apostrophes bugs in song names. Maybe the ASM file text encoding is the cause or maybe it's an xkas thing or something related to my PC but assembling the hack on my PC (and same for you?) cause this bug. The apostrophe is part of the table, just change the 3 bytes in a hex editor, it should be fairly simple.

Isao Kronos

• ???
    • View Profile
How shifted are values regarding Gau's Rages? I missed Stray Cat so I was going to maybe look into hex editing it into my srm's inventory or something when I get Gau back. I found a set of AR codes but they modify more than one rage at a time for some reason.

EDIT: Turns out I wasn't too far, had to do the Veldt loop before going to Kohlingen.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:24:40 am by Isao Kronos »