News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.09.2)  (Read 304106 times)

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
I have Version 1.93 ready to go and it can be downloaded from a link on ff6hacking.com for those who don't want to wait. I know this site is recovering from a server crash and I will submit it here at that time.

In the meantime, here's something you have to look forward to. Madsiur was kind enough (more like awesome) to make all 3 versions of his Music Player compatible with Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition. What does this mean for the next version? Well in the package will be a folder for the Music Player with three patches. Main Menu, Config 1, and Config 2.

The Main Menu patch (which is compatible with ZSNES) changes the Main Menu to fit the Music Player. Config 1 changes the option in the Config menu for Stereo. It removes Mono in place of the Music Player. And Config uses the blank space at the bottom of the Config menu for the Music Player.

Bloody hell! Excellent! On behalf of all ZSNES users everywhere, Thank You! Presuming that this applies going forward in future patches?

darthvaderx

• View Profile
One question, what's the problem with Final Fantasy V Translation Enhancement by Dark Knight Kain ? It's not listed here on RHDN . It seems to me the closest thing to an updated FFV translation in the SNES just missing the revised magic names as "Cure/Cura/Curaga" , "Fire/Fira/Firaga" , etc , and the lack of more space for the complete espers names .

Rodimus, could this project join your FFIV and FFVI works ???

(And my dream of the perfect FF trilogy in the SNES ???)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:06:50 pm by darthvaderx »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
DKK (or Dragonsbrethren as he's known now) based that off of an incomplete version of the patch I think. There's FFV The Legend of the Crystals which works better imo though it may not count as much coming from me, since i put a bit of work on it lol. you can find it in the translations section of RHDN as an addendum
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
DKK (or Dragonsbrethren as he's known now) based that off of an incomplete version of the patch I think. There's FFV The Legend of the Crystals which works better imo though it may not count as much coming from me, since i put a bit of work on it lol. you can find it in the translations section of RHDN as an addendum

Your work (in the RPGe translation) + Rodimus Prime revision (updated spells/Items/monsters/summons/places/etc/names based in the GBA and current systems versions) = Perfect and ultimate version for me ...  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:31:02 pm by darthvaderx »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
spooniest is actually the one who made it, i just worked on it a little bit. i think it's fine how it is now. you're welcome to try to revise it additionally if you want
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Bloody hell! Excellent! On behalf of all ZSNES users everywhere, Thank You! Presuming that this applies going forward in future patches?
All future patches are this way now. At this point I'm not adding to this any longer and only intend to do things like script or glitch fixes if they need to be. I'm hoping to be finished with this game as far as tweaking it is concerned.

spooniest is actually the one who made it, i just worked on it a little bit. i think it's fine how it is now. you're welcome to try to revise it additionally if you want

Yeah, Spooniest said he was walking away from hacking games at this point but I do like what he and you did with FFV. Maybe in the future I just may do a "Namingway Edition" but that might not be for a while.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
On that note, since I got TactText working on Wine I intend to get Patch Checker and IPSPeek going soon.  I won't have any guarantees for a good while, but I'm going to attempt to get some vague idea about the add-on patch that can be thrown into the .txt files.

Since for the most part this is probably going to be just looking up conflicts with space, I'm pretty sure not much will change but there will be a couple of notes.

EDIT: Rain check on that, this isn't working as well as I had hoped because both need the dreaded dotnet40.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:08:34 pm by Chronosplit »

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
I'd like to point out another thing with the music player add-on. Quoting Gi Nattak:

The music player takes a bit of a hit in the caves to and during the leet river, cause of the way they coded the thing, has F0 00 (play silence) first thing with the entrance event, then does the volume change to lower volume river track, but this makes the song stop to silence when exiting the menu. [...] I removed the F0 00 in the entrance event and made some event trigger and edit the raft event instead, with the appropriate volume cuts, but it's not perfect [...]

This is an example of the music player limitations with entrance events music related code. It's not something I can fix with the music player code and the way I coded it is the best overall fix (song and volume saving on menu opening, song / volume restoring on menu exit). It however does not address all the problematic cases. The next thing to do would be to come up with an add-on patch for the music player that fix all the problematic entrance events music code in vanilla ROM. It's not something I'm planning to do soon though.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
I'd like to point out another thing with the music player add-on. Quoting Gi Nattak:

The music player takes a bit of a hit in the caves to and during the leet river, cause of the way they coded the thing, has F0 00 (play silence) first thing with the entrance event, then does the volume change to lower volume river track, but this makes the song stop to silence when exiting the menu. [...] I removed the F0 00 in the entrance event and made some event trigger and edit the raft event instead, with the appropriate volume cuts, but it's not perfect [...]

This is an example of the music player limitations with entrance events music related code. It's not something I can fix with the music player code and the way I coded it is the best overall fix (song and volume saving on menu opening, song / volume restoring on menu exit). It however does not address all the problematic cases. The next thing to do would be to come up with an add-on patch for the music player that fix all the problematic entrance events music code in vanilla ROM. It's not something I'm planning to do soon though.

So, to clarify, does that mean a 1.95 is in the works? And should we wait to update?

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
So, to clarify, does that mean a 1.95 is in the works? And should we wait to update?

Well a 1.95 is coming but to fix some script overflow errors that were found. Really minor stuff. But I'm not sure how to work around the Music Player code.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile

Well a 1.95 is coming but to fix some script overflow errors that were found. Really minor stuff. But I'm not sure how to work around the Music Player code.
Cool!

Madsiur

• FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how to work around the Music Player code.

Gi Nattak just finished a full RotDS playthrough testing the music player everywhere, and a few maps, especially those playing waterfall sound pose problem. I'll have a full list later and I'll do a standalone events fix patch that you can merge with your music players if you want. There was also another small bug where playing a sound effect on a map, entering the menu and exiting menu would resume the music volume to half-full volume because SFX and song share the same volume register. I've already fixed this one and will release a separated patch soon as well since it affect bank $C0 alone.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Gi Nattak just finished a full RotDS playthrough testing the music player everywhere, and a few maps, especially those playing waterfall sound pose problem. I'll have a full list later and I'll do a standalone events fix patch that you can merge with your music players if you want. There was also another small bug where playing a sound effect on a map, entering the menu and exiting menu would resume the music volume to half-full volume because SFX and song share the same volume register. I've already fixed this one and will release a separated patch soon as well since it affect bank $C0 alone.

I've been doing a live stream on my Youtube channel and I didn't notice anything wrong with Leet River's volume, but I didn't test the Music Player. If you can make a fix I will gladly apply it.

Madsiur

• FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
I've been doing a live stream on my Youtube channel and I didn't notice anything wrong with Leet River's volume, but I didn't test the Music Player.

The problem is only there when you enter and exit the menu on those maps I think, I have not experienced it personally.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Hey hey hey, a nice surprise, this hack works perfectly with MSU-1 hacks, first patch with MSU-1 ips and then TWUE + Music Player Main Menu and finally "Button Settings Menu Restoration" (optional, but I really like this hack) .

Too bad that other hacks like Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger do not work the same way ...

(And sorry for the my poor "engrish" , it's not my native language.)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Hey hey hey, a nice surprise, this hack works perfectly with MSU-1 hacks, first patch with MSU-1 ips and then TWUE + Music Player Main Menu and finally "Button Settings Menu Restoration" (optional, but I really like this hack) .

Too bad that other hacks like Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger do not work the same way ...

(And sorry for the my poor "engrish" , it's not my native language.)
That's actually really interesting.  I never thought the MSU-1 hack would work out at all considering how much goes into it (then again I personally rarely touch them).

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
I fixed a number of overflow issues found by myself and from GeminiSunFall (thanks!) and any of the errors not fixed in the previous release found by Otaku-2. Thanks to both of you!

Version 1.95 is now live!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:36:23 am by Rodimus Primal »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
I found a bug on this screen:

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
I found a bug on this screen:

Verified. Unheadered 1.0 rom with the "Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.95).ips" and the "Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.95) + Bug Fixes, Updated Opera, & Add-Ons.ips". It is not corrected when adding the music player patch.

And just when you think you're done? BAM, a glitch shows up.. Though you've been at it longer, I feel your pain guys.

Edit; Not sure if it'll matter, but the patching utility I used was LunarIPS.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:01:07 am by lexluthermiester »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Ninja Patcher here.