News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.09)  (Read 286988 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Woah.  I see I wasn't the only one encountering this bug, I was about to mention it as I thought for a second there it would be related to Frozen Terra again (due to the save thing).  Wonder what caused a problem that big?

I'm not sure what's causing it precisely. But I found the most interesting issue coming directly from FF3USME. If I edit the non bugfix versions, they work without an issue. But if I edit the versions with bugfixes, then the problem happens. So it has to do with one of the bugfixes even up to and including 1.89, where the issue isn't. It just may be that the Frozen Terra bug is causing it, or even Shadow's Status. However I am not entirely sure WHAT it's stemming from. My only solution at this time will be to build a brand new bugfix version from the existing vanilla patches. This is going to take a little bit but will be worth it in the end.

Special

• View Profile
As for further bugfixes, I could go crazy trying to add them all in. The biggest thing about them is that the ones I added in were actual real issues or things missing. I on purpose didn't add exploit fixes too. If any of you think I should add more of them in, I will.

Throwing my 2 cents in and saying keep it to a minimum, there is nothing wrong with being able to breaking the game using exploits and such, some even find that fun, and people can just not do it if it bothers them, like with Vanish+Doom.

The problem with all these bug fixes is that no one actually tests their shit outside the bubble the fix is for, and it will cause problems down the road, just look at that Edgar's Bio Blaster glitch.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Throwing my 2 cents in and saying keep it to a minimum, there is nothing wrong with being able to breaking the game using exploits and such, some even find that fun, and people can just not do it if it bothers them, like with Vanish+Doom.

The problem with all these bug fixes is that no one actually tests their shit outside the bubble the fix is for, and it will cause problems down the road, just look at that Edgar's Bio Blaster glitch.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think any further bug fixes are going to be optional for others moving forward. I'm not going add any more. I'd rather this project be complete in its own right and allow users to do with it as they wish after.

After rebuilding the bugfix patch I've discovered the origin of the bug. It's directly related to the Shadow Status fix. Apparently, using FF3USME after applying that patch causes the locking issues. So that's being removed from the bugfix version. Still need to test this out before the next update.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Ah, so that was it!  Probably should mention it in iffy patches just to be safe.  Strange though, I know Bye Bye Breath had a problem about editing unless you made a couple alterations but not this one.

I actually agree with Special on patches.  We've got the guide for the rest, and as tested as it is anything can still happen.  One of these days I'll find a way to test it to the addons version if no one does by then (I doubt anyone's attempted Patch Checker on Wine, but I'm not ready for testing quite yet).

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Ah, so that was it!  Probably should mention it in iffy patches just to be safe.  Strange though, I know Bye Bye Breath had a problem about editing unless you made a couple alterations but not this one.

I actually agree with Special on patches.  We've got the guide for the rest, and as tested as it is anything can still happen.  One of these days I'll find a way to test it to the addons version if no one does by then (I doubt anyone's attempted Patch Checker on Wine, but I'm not ready for testing quite yet).

Definately mentioning it for sure. I've finally ironed it out in all versions so far. The ONLY thing I am currently waiting for is that Madsiur's fix for the Music Player. He finished it on his own version, but Woolsey Uncensored's Add-On patch moved the code into a custom place because of free space available.

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
I just sent you the new Music Player patches (config1 and config2). It's an improvement from previous version but my song restoring fix might not work with 100% of the possible scenarios involving music setting in an entrance event (more details here). I also made a new version of my mini-map patch with a bit lighter colors for land and mountains because I found the version from last week to be a bit too dark. In any case, the palette can always be edited. I don't remember if you said you wanted to include it as an add-on..

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I just sent you the new Music Player patches (config1 and config2). It's an improvement from previous version but my song restoring fix might not work with 100% of the possible scenarios involving music setting in an entrance event (more details here). I also made a new version of my mini-map patch with a bit lighter colors for land and mountains because I found the version from last week to be a bit too dark. In any case, the palette can always be edited. I don't remember if you said you wanted to include it as an add-on..

Thanks. I've thought about it and I think I will let people add it themselves. I see no further need to keep adding stuff in. I also think what I'm going to do it have the Music Player as a completely seperate patch onto itself that allows people to add it to any version of Woolsey Uncensored that they want. By doing so, it will also let them choose config 1 and 2.

madness flame

• View Profile
From the perspective of someone who never played FF6: i know this patch will not include all bugfixes, and i think it's better this way, because as it was said before, there's some people who enjoy exploit these bugs/glitch, (so even if they was include, they should be optional). Anyway, i read all the messages of this thread, and it make sense to me that i will take the full patch (with optional add-on: opera, music player, etc..).

If later someone compile the other bugfixes (the ones not include in this hack), if they are verified to be completely compatible (no bugs) with Woolsey Uncensored (Add-on includes version),, then, i will also take the compilation of other bugfixes. I heard it's one of the best FF of the serie, and since i know absolutely nothing about the game, when i will play it, i would be afraid to use an exploit glitch without even knowing it was a glitch (like beating a boss faster with an attack he should be immune to, or something similar).

Anyway, i'm lucky to not have yet played the game, cause i will discover this game with the full experience of Rodimus Primal hack, and just by reading the thread, i know already it will be genious! If i get a chance to also discover the game without any glitch, it would be nice too, but otherwise it's already really nice, and i totally understand Rodimus Primal decision to not include it in his hack (or at least in his main patch), because it's not the goal of his hack. Thanks to all people who contribute in this project!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I have Version 1.93 ready to go and it can be downloaded from a link on ff6hacking.com for those who don't want to wait. I know this site is recovering from a server crash and I will submit it here at that time.

In the meantime, here's something you have to look forward to. Madsiur was kind enough (more like awesome) to make all 3 versions of his Music Player compatible with Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition. What does this mean for the next version? Well in the package will be a folder for the Music Player with three patches. Main Menu, Config 1, and Config 2.

The Main Menu patch (which is compatible with ZSNES) changes the Main Menu to fit the Music Player. Config 1 changes the option in the Config menu for Stereo. It removes Mono in place of the Music Player. And Config uses the blank space at the bottom of the Config menu for the Music Player.

Special

• View Profile
Is 1.93 worth downloading if I don't use the Music Player? Does it fix anything else?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Is 1.93 worth downloading if I don't use the Music Player? Does it fix anything else?

A few script fixes at this point. Also I realized that if you used a version with the Music Player pre-installed that there was a bug which is now fixed.

March 21, 2017, 12:19:12 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So that everyone's aware, 1.93 has been approved and is ready for download!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:19:12 am by Rodimus Primal »

GeminiSunfall

• View Profile
(I could have sworn I left a comment here a week ago, but oh well)

Anyways, I'm now playing through the World of Ruin, and I just got to the point where Celes meets "Gerad" at Nikeah.  After following him for a bit through town there's a point where Celes tries to hold him up before he enters the harbor.  It was at this moment that I got stuck and unable to do anything--the music was still playing and the NPCs were still moving about in the background, but it would appear I got stuck in a broken event.  I couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't enter the menu or do anything.

This is the point in question.

Also, I noticed you've been commenting on my videos.  Don't be alarmed if they aren't showing up--YouTube keeps thinking they're spam for some reason even though I allow all comments on my videos.

Edit: fixed image link
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:41:31 pm by GeminiSunfall »

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
Config 1 changes the option in the Config menu for Stereo. It removes Mono in place of the Music Player.

Clarification: Config 1 one still has mono/stereo, except you switch by pressing on the option (grey "stereo" = mono, white "stereo" = stereo).

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
(I could have sworn I left a comment here a week ago, but oh well)

Anyways, I'm now playing through the World of Ruin, and I just got to the point where Celes meets "Gerad" at Nikeah.  After following him for a bit through town there's a point where Celes tries to hold him up before he enters the harbor.  It was at this moment that I got stuck and unable to do anything--the music was still playing and the NPCs were still moving about in the background, but it would appear I got stuck in a broken event.  I couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't enter the menu or do anything.

This is the point in question.

Also, I noticed you've been commenting on my videos.  Don't be alarmed if they aren't showing up--YouTube keeps thinking they're spam for some reason even though I allow all comments on my videos.

Edit: fixed image link

Just saw this post now. I guess with the site outage I didn't see it before. My best guess is the Gerard and Sabin patch from Leet Sketcher. It is suppossed to add in a dummied out line that Sabin should say. I don't have a save file there to test it, at least not yet. Try using an anit-patch from his package to reverse it and let me know if it works.

Edit - Just tested myself and yes, it seems that the Gerad and Sabin patch does cause it to lock. I applied the reverse patch included with it and it fixes the problem. I then tested Gerard and Sabin again and it works. Really strange. I wonder if it has anything to do wih trying to apply a fix like that and then editing the script in any way.

March 23, 2017, 10:41:34 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Version 1.94 has been submitted to fix this bug.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:41:35 am by Rodimus Primal »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
That is really odd since looking at the RTF all it does is add in a point to the text.  Ah well, at least it got cought.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:08:56 am by Chronosplit »

Digitsie

• View Profile
Version 1.94 has been submitted to fix this bug.

Does this also include whatever Madisur did with his most recent typo fix to his music patch?

And that is indeed an odd bug, does that mean it has to be patched -every- time you make a change?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Does this also include whatever Madisur did with his most recent typo fix to his music patch?

And that is indeed an odd bug, does that mean it has to be patched -every- time you make a change?
For this locking bug you can fix it yourself using the anti-patch.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
What it means is that yes, I'll have to be aware that I will have to fix it everytime I make a change to the script if there is anything I need to fix when using FF3USME for the fix. Worst case scenario is I use a HEX editor. So no worries. While I have uploaded the latest version, you can fix it yourself if you download the Gerard and Sabin patch, apply the antipatch, then reapply it.

As for the Music Player, all 3 versions (Main Menu, Config 1, and Config 2) are included and they already have the latest fixes that Madsiur made to them. Once again, the Main Menu version is the one that is compatible with ZSNES.

EDIT- Version 1.94 is live
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:34:00 pm by Rodimus Primal »

Otaku-2

• View Profile
More errors spotted, sir!

http://imgur.com/a/o06Hr

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
More errors spotted, sir!

http://imgur.com/a/o06Hr

All of these have been fixed for the next version.