News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.09)  (Read 287012 times)

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
Can't you run some kind of code that checks what song (if any) was playing before entering the music player menu, save that somewhere in the data, then when the player exits the menu recall the saved song data if it detects a music track change?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Can't you run some kind of code that checks what song (if any) was playing before entering the music player menu, save that somewhere in the data, then when the player exits the menu recall the saved song data if it detects a music track change?

I think that's what Madsuir is looking into.

megapopito

• View Profile
hi, awesome translation you've made ! thanks !!!

quick question, does your patch include all the fixes available here ? :
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?topic=2230.0
They corrected a lot of things.
If no, are you planning on doing it ? or why you don't wanna do it ?

Yesterday I tried psychocyan on your 1.91 and I was able to do it.

I've reached the moment when you have to wait for Shadow before going to WOR, but when he comes, my games freezes and I cannot move on... I don't know what to do...
EDIT: I loaded my last savegame with the non patched version and it worked...
EDIT2:... for a moment, now I got the same bug when I met Edgar and he's going on the ship, just in front of the pub. It's like the trigger never hapens.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:20:52 pm by megapopito »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
hi, awesome translation you've made ! thanks !!!

quick question, does your patch include all the fixes available here ? :
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?topic=2230.0
They corrected a lot of things.
If no, are you planning on doing it ? or why you don't wanna do it ?

Yesterday I tried psychocyan on your 1.91 and I was able to do it.

I've reached the moment when you have to wait for Shadow before going to WOR, but when he comes, my games freezes and I cannot move on... I don't know what to do...
EDIT: I loaded my last savegame with the non patched version and it worked...
EDIT2:... for a moment, now I got the same bug when I met Edgar and he's going on the ship, just in front of the pub. It's like the trigger never hapens.

What emulator are you using? Also which patch are you using?

I didn't use EVERY single bugfix known to man. Instead I used the one that cause issues. I purposely did not fix Psycho Cyan.

megapopito

• View Profile
Snes9x 1.54.1
I'm using the 1.91 ted woosley (i think it's yours)
Yeah, i did the same trick as before (continue with the original 1.0 game from the saved state) and it worked...

But anyway it's annoying...

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Snes9x 1.54.1
I'm using the 1.91 ted woosley (i think it's yours)

I get that you are using the latest version, but what I'm asking is which patch? There are 6 in the download. Also did you run into this issue with SNES9X 1.53 or any of its test builds before 1.54? There might be an issue with the emulator's latest version.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:59:55 pm by Rodimus Primal »

megapopito

• View Profile
I never tried with 1.53

Yeah sorry. I'm using yours "Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.91) + Bug Fixes, Add-Ons, & Updated Opera.ips"

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I never tried with 1.53

Yeah sorry. I'm using yours "Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.91) + Bug Fixes, Add-Ons, & Updated Opera.ips"

One other thing. When you patched, did you ensure that you used a ROM without a Header? I'm certain that if you used a ROM with a header it will cause problems with your game.

megapopito

• View Profile
how do i know that ? where can i find one ?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
how do i know that ? where can i find one ?

There is a program called tush on this site. As soon as you load up your ROM in that, it will tell you if it has a header or not. If it does, remove it. Then apply the patch.

megapopito

• View Profile
well it says it's not...

Digitsie

• View Profile
Did you by any chance apply any patches -other- than what was listed/described in the 'additional patches' list that is included with the zip file of the patches? (The all-in-one patch you linked before also counts as -not- listed in that list.)

megapopito

• View Profile
Na I only applied the ted mossley patch.
I started the game with the 1.90 and played for 3h approx. Then I continued the game with the 1.91 with the same save, maybe it's because of that. Anyway it's weird because the game "unblocks" itself if i play with the non patched version.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Na I only applied the ted mossley patch.
I started the game with the 1.90 and played for 3h approx. Then I continued the game with the 1.91 with the same save, maybe it's because of that. Anyway it's weird because the game "unblocks" itself if i play with the non patched version.

I notice that whenever I use a save file for an unpatched Final Fantasy III US and a patched game that the save files might be a little off. Have you tried without the Add-Ons? I'm curious if they are causing any issues.

megapopito

• View Profile
I'm far from these 2 points mentioned before. Not gonna do 20h of gameplay to check if it's still stuck... ;)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I'm far from these 2 points mentioned before. Not gonna do 20h of gameplay to check if it's still stuck... ;)

I understand. I'm trying to pinpoint the issue. If you're having issues its possible others might as well and I'd like to get anything like that fixed.

Edit - Spent a LOT of time testing tonight with current and previous versions. It would seem something got corrupted between Version 1.89 and 1.90. I encountered the soft lock when you wait for Shadow and I am going to spend some time tinkering to fix it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:00:29 am by Rodimus Primal »

megapopito

• View Profile
Happy that I could help you (i really little bit) in your project which is great.
Still, I don't understand why there is no patch like the unoficial bugs fixes for the Elder's scrolls series. A fixed game is better for anyone.

I read somewhere that a japanese made an incredible mod for FF6 where he added gba additions to the snes game. Would that be to hard to copy that content over the US 1.0 game ?

assassin

• View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
- pssstt... http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?topic=2230.0
- whoa, looks like you're already experiencing mission creep beyond the first paragraph.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Happy that I could help you (i really little bit) in your project which is great.
Still, I don't understand why there is no patch like the unoficial bugs fixes for the Elder's scrolls series. A fixed game is better for anyone.

I read somewhere that a japanese made an incredible mod for FF6 where he added gba additions to the snes game. Would that be to hard to copy that content over the US 1.0 game ?

You might be thinking of the T-Edition that adds the Music Player. Actually, Madsuir was able to get a hold of that code and make his patch. He then modified it for Woolsey Uncensored because there are things I have added in that use the same free space in game. It's why I decided that if a Music Player was added in, I'd make it as an add-on so that it could be optional.

As for further bugfixes, I could go crazy trying to add them all in. The biggest thing about them is that the ones I added in were actual real issues or things missing. I on purpose didn't add exploit fixes too. If any of you think I should add more of them in, I will.

Upon further testing, 1.91 without bugfixes (both with and without updated Opera) work without any issues, so if you're still playing you can continue with those until I release the next update. As such, I'm going to rebuild the bugfix versions from 1.89 and add all of the changes back in and test it out. From there, I can add the changes back in for the Music Player, Blitz Names in the Menu, and the Rewards Display for the add-ons. I MAY add Mini Map Enhancement to that, as long as it works.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:12:18 pm by Rodimus Primal »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Woah.  I see I wasn't the only one encountering this bug, I was about to mention it as I thought for a second there it would be related to Frozen Terra again (due to the save thing).  Wonder what caused a problem that big?