Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 3.06)

Started by Rodimus Primal, May 31, 2013, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrysologus

I just noticed that on the equipment screen, it says Rmove instead of Remove!


lexluthermiester

Quote from: Chrysologus on October 29, 2019, 11:08:35 PM
I just noticed that on the equipment screen, it says Rmove instead of Remove!


That is because of menu character spacing.

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: Chrysologus on October 29, 2019, 11:08:35 PM
I just noticed that on the equipment screen, it says Rmove instead of Remove!



It's all CAPS as RMOVE in Vanilla Final Fantasy III US. There's no room for the extra e.


abw

Quote from: Rodimus Primal on October 30, 2019, 12:50:36 AM
It's all CAPS as RMOVE in Vanilla Final Fantasy III US. There's no room for the extra e.
I feel like this was likely covered somewhere in the previous 900+ posts, but if you wanted to, you could e.g. change "Optimum" to "Best" to give yourself an extra 3 tiles to work with and then shift the text and pointer positions around to your heart's content.




Rodimus Primal

Quote from: Gi Nattak on October 31, 2019, 03:03:22 PM
Another option: https://imgur.com/WSUZ25y

I'm not familiar with the pointers for changing it, but I like that too. Would you be able to help?

I also added the recently found fix to the battle background at the Magitek Research Facility and this would give me an excuse to give an update.

Gi Nattak

Quote from: Rodimus Primal on October 31, 2019, 03:54:33 PM
I'm not familiar with the pointers for changing it, but I like that too. Would you be able to help?

Sure, I'll make a patch of it actually, it will work fine for TWUE as well. It just adjusts the names and hand cursor.
Edit: It's now in the Queue.

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: Gi Nattak on October 31, 2019, 04:36:35 PM
Sure, I'll make a patch of it actually, it will work fine for TWUE as well. It just adjusts the names and hand cursor.
Edit: It's now in the Queue.

Thanks Gi Nattak!!! I added it and then removed the CAPS. It now looks like this:



Version 2.07 has now been submitted. This also includes the fix for the Mag Roader battle background.

Edit - The latest version is now available for download!

lexluthermiester

Quote from: Rodimus Primal on November 01, 2019, 05:55:12 PM
Thanks Gi Nattak!!! I added it and then removed the CAPS. It now looks like this:



Version 2.07 has now been submitted. This also includes the fix for the Mag Roader battle background.

Edit - The latest version is now available for download!
Nice!  :thumbsup:

FlamePurge

Quote from: Gi Nattak on October 31, 2019, 04:36:35 PM
Sure, I'll make a patch of it actually, it will work fine for TWUE as well. It just adjusts the names and hand cursor.
Edit: It's now in the Queue.
I just realized something about this. The Config menu's choices for "Reequip" say "Optimum" and "Empty", the exact same as the Equip menu's options. The "Empty" here should probably be changed to "None" for consistency.

Current:


Suggestion:


Regardless, thanks so much for this patch, it's super useful! :thumbsup:
Check out and discuss my projects

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: vivify93 on November 03, 2019, 09:04:10 AM
I just realized something about this. The Config menu's choices for "Reequip" say "Optimum" and "Empty", the exact same as the Equip menu's options. The "Empty" here should probably be changed to "None" for consistency.

Current:


Suggestion:


Regardless, thanks so much for this patch, it's super useful! :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing that out vivify93! I've fixed that and submitted it for approval!

gaseoso

Hello there.

First of all, I wanted to thank you (and everyone involved) for all this work. I literally just registered because I have a question regarding the choices in translation, primarily the reasons for changing the name MidgardSormr to Midgardsormer.

Maybe it was talked about in one of the 49 pages, but I haven't read every post to know that. Does that come from the GBA version? I haven't played that one, so I wouldn't know. Or does this come from the belief the name was originally typed like that because of character limitations? Of all the sources I've checked, the name is accepted as correct when spelled "Midgardsormr" (or Midgar Zolom in FF7).

The reason for my question is that in my opinion, the change makes the translation wrong in this case. This is because the original name comes from Norse mythology, and it's meant to reference Miðgarðsormr (or Jörmungandr), so it was never actually a case of character limitations (in the instance that this was the reason for the change).

In any case, that would be my only nitpick about this version. Keep up the amazing work. :woot!:

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: gaseoso on January 04, 2020, 12:32:27 AM
Hello there.

First of all, I wanted to thank you (and everyone involved) for all this work. I literally just registered because I have a question regarding the choices in translation, primarily the reasons for changing the name MidgardSormr to Midgardsormer.

Maybe it was talked about in one of the 49 pages, but I haven't read every post to know that. Does that come from the GBA version? I haven't played that one, so I wouldn't know. Or does this come from the belief the name was originally typed like that because of character limitations? Of all the sources I've checked, the name is accepted as correct when spelled "Midgardsormr" (or Midgar Zolom in FF7).

The reason for my question is that in my opinion, the change makes the translation wrong in this case. This is because the original name comes from Norse mythology, and it's meant to reference Miðgarðsormr (or Jörmungandr), so it was never actually a case of character limitations (in the instance that this was the reason for the change).

In any case, that would be my only nitpick about this version. Keep up the amazing work. :woot!:

Thanks for the kind words. I think that was a mistake in my editing as my mind probably thought it needed an e when it doesn't. I can easily fix it and make a quick update. My question would be if there is anything else that needs correcting before releasing the fix. If you find anything else, please let me know.

gaseoso

I guess the problem is that this would be my only nitpick with this version, because as I pointed out, it otherwise plays flawlessly and I have yet to find any issues.

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: gaseoso on January 04, 2020, 04:10:31 PM
I guess the problem is that this would be my only nitpick with this version, because as I pointed out, it otherwise plays flawlessly and I have yet to find any issues.

I just took a look through my own files for ANY instances of Midgardsormr being misspelled and I did not find it that way myself. In fact, through one of my changes I was pretty sure I corrected it during many of the updates. The ONLY instance of mistake that I can see was 2.05, where I misspelled it in the Read Me that was copied and pasted to the first page of this topic. I can assure you that it is spelled right IN the game.

gaseoso

I guess I should have started by clarifying myself. Sorry for that.

I only mentioned because I read it in the Readme file that comes with the patch, and also because of what is written on the first post of this thread. I actually haven't reached the point in the game where you actually encounter it, so I wasn't really referring to it being a problem in-game. Again, sorry for not being clear enough.

Skeud

Hi Rodimus, and thank you for your work  :thumbsup:
Do you think you can add the PAL-fix (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/106/) to your patch ? The source is included.