News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 26596 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2021, 11:15:35 pm »
I'm wondering too, because I would like to add them to my MM7 Restoration hack.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2021, 04:13:02 am »
At last, DarkSamus has finished the job. Thank you so much.

I submitted the entry for the Redux version. Still can figure out how to restore Megaman mouthflapping in the "Die Wily!" in the US version.

Did the only thing that changed in this update was the title style?

See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2021, 09:10:49 am »
At last, DarkSamus has finished the job. Thank you so much.

I submitted the entry for the Redux version. Still can figure out how to restore Megaman mouthflapping in the "Die Wily!" in the US version.

An NES replacement instead of Famicom? And in the background of Junk Man's stage and the Game Boy that can sometimes be dug up with the Rush Search ? Here:

American version removed it:

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2021, 12:21:58 pm »
Are the subtitles for each game being inserted? Every original series game has its own subtitle

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2021, 01:06:04 pm »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/722579165076783164/853359676993568768/mm7_jpn_style_logo_v2.zip

Permission Granted. Do whatever you want with this.

(A v1.1a for the USA version will be added. Blade133bo taught me how to restore Mega's lips.)

An NES replacement instead of Famicom? And in the background of Junk Man's stage and the Game Boy that can sometimes be dug up with the Rush Search ? Here:

American version removed it:

I asked for it too, but had no response whatsoever. I guess it's too much trouble doing a pixel art from scratch. I would like to go the extra mile: Put a PS1 and make Rush pop up a PSP instead of a GB for the MMAC port for PS2.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2021, 02:49:30 pm »
Just tried patching this over Mega Man 7 Restoration, and it seems to work correctly after a quick test! Sadly it ends up breaking Mega Man 7 Refit.

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2021, 11:03:25 pm »
Just tried patching this over Mega Man 7 Restoration, and it seems to work correctly after a quick test! Sadly it ends up breaking Mega Man 7 Refit.
Just wanted to confirm this. Awesome new style, btw, thanks to the creator(s).

I'm wondering too, because I would like to add them to my MM7 Restoration hack.
Quick report, SCD: while Restoration was previously compatible with Refit, it currently breaks the title screen. I had the previous version so i can choose which title to keep, but at least with the new one, it isn't working.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:47:27 am by niuus »

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2021, 04:06:07 pm »
Quick report, SCD: while Restoration was previously compatible with Refit, it currently breaks the title screen. I had the previous version so i can choose which title to keep, but at least with the new one, it isn't working.

The problem there is entirely with Refit. Refit replaces fonts and graphics, and those changes are not compatible with the Japanese style title screen graphics changes, which include ASM changes as well as new graphics. You'll get the same results if you patch the new title screen on top of standalone Refit. Incidentally, Refit and Restoration were never 100% compatible anyway, as the font changes from Refit and text updates from Restoration combined ended up causing at least a couple of lines of dialogue to bug out (Dr.WILLYY in the intro cutscene, and just before fighting Bass in Wily Castle 1).

Masaru

• lmao
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2021, 05:33:09 pm »
The problem there is entirely with Refit. Refit replaces fonts and graphics, and those changes are not compatible with the Japanese style title screen graphics changes, which include ASM changes as well as new graphics. You'll get the same results if you patch the new title screen on top of standalone Refit. Incidentally, Refit and Restoration were never 100% compatible anyway, as the font changes from Refit and text updates from Restoration combined ended up causing at least a couple of lines of dialogue to bug out (Dr.WILLYY in the intro cutscene, and just before fighting Bass in Wily Castle 1).
It's possible to make it work if you patch both refit and the restoration patch and build it with the source code

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2021, 09:27:20 pm »
It's possible to make it work if you patch both refit and the restoration patch and build it with the source code

You're absolutely right, I just tried building the patch from source with a pre-patched Refit+Restoration rom, and it worked. It reverted Refit's font change on the title screen, but it seems to have all worked correctly.

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2021, 09:50:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Famicom was there in the US ROM I played 20 years ago.

lilpuddy31

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2021, 11:54:00 pm »
The Famicoms and Game Boy were only removed from the Legacy Collection 2 ports. They are present everywhere else

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2021, 07:50:34 am »
The Famicoms and Game Boy were only removed from the Legacy Collection 2 ports. They are present everywhere else

Yeah but why not an NES console replacement instead of Famicom console for SNES version ? :)
« Last Edit: Today at 07:05:58 am by spotanjo3 »

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Today at 03:53:27 am »
Incidentally, Refit and Restoration were never 100% compatible anyway, as the font changes from Refit and text updates from Restoration combined ended up causing at least a couple of lines of dialogue to bug out (Dr.WILLYY in the intro cutscene, and just before fighting Bass in Wily Castle 1).
I patched them but never before deeply played them, so i didn't knew. Already noticed that Refit doesn't seem to play well with any other patch i tried, whether it was Restoration, Boss Select Pre-Text (hangs on any Robot Master splash screen), and even MSU-1 (hangs when a Robot Master fight is about to begin).

I am on the last boss fight in Restoration pre-new title screen. Funny enough i just noticed a new final version, i will move to the new one+MSU-1 OST as soon as i get my final password.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:22:45 am by niuus »