News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Super Mario World The Lost Episode 2 - Release  (Read 17961 times)

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
Re: ROM Hacks: Super Mario World The Lost Episode 2 - Release
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 03:08:19 am »
The nature of 2D Mario(And for that matter Sonic) gameplay pretty much precludes a good boss fight. It's all about jumping on their head or some variation there of, with the exception of Mario 1 where you could also get the axe and beat the fight seven times as fast.
I refuse to agree with that! :o

If a game’s mechanics are adequate, the potential for a good boss fight is there. The 2D Sonics have some great boss fights, and saying it’s all about jumping on whatevers is a bit like saying you can win by holding right and pressing jump.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

jhmil

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 08:37:55 am »
This is probably the best hack I have ever played. Nintendo should hire you as a level designer. Great selection of music here too. Keep up the great work.

shulbocka

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 03:01:24 pm »
I apologize for bringing up an old topic, even if the game is great, but I'm having a hard time getting this rom to run properly and was curious if anyone knew why. Whenever I load the game, as the blackness is circling out of the title screen, the whole screen then goes black, and if I don't hit any buttons it will start to loop the gameover screen, but if I do hit a button, it will load the title screen with the games a-c, but everything is black and white. I only know it's one that screen because of the shapes of the colors form the same layouts. Anyways, if I start a game from that point it will run fine, so far. I was just curious if anyone has any idea why this may be happening? I know I'm using a clean SMW rom, and I've also downloaded a prepatched version, and it has the same error. Using ZSNES by the way. I've also patched roms with the other Lost Adventure hacks including the just released Luigi Edition, and they all work great.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:23:20 pm by shulbocka »