News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Karakuri Kengou Den - Musashi Road - Karakuri Nin Hashiru! Translations  (Read 5818 times)

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
The game stars, Musashi, a "gimmick robot." In the country of Zipangu every person has a gimmick robot. Musashi battles and meets his rival, Kojiro.

Almost like Zelda, still trying to understand some of the context. Here's some of it so far.

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Alright, so you might like this or not...

Before...

After...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:54:55 pm by Pennywise »

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
mother fuck... haha. How far are you? I've been trying to find a game that would be easier to start translating, then trying to do a whole RPG, especially a game that hasn't been done before.

I checked the translations side and didn't see it anywhere. Well crap.

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
We're doing a dual release with the GB game, which is completely finished. Still need to finish editing text and playing through game.

Hell, I've got like 20 projects and not all of them have really been announced. This was kinda like a semi-secret project, but I recall posting a few screenshots in the screenshot thread. It's kinda hard to keep track of who's working on what to be honest.

As for easy projects, anything with a good amount of text is not easy per se. My first translation was a platformer and with very minimal text.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Why did you both get "gimmick" from からくり? That means like... "mechanism" or "device". It's basically referencing the fact that the character is a robot.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
Why did you both get "gimmick" from からくり? That means like... "mechanism" or "device". It's basically referencing the fact that the character is a robot.

~DS
Because that's how Studio Pierrot officially called them.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis

~DS

My favorite translation of からくり, in these circumstances and others similar, is "clockwork."

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
My favorite translation of からくり, in these circumstances and others similar, is "clockwork."
I use it too) I also like "automata".

April 26, 2013, 11:55:41 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
mother fuck... haha. How far are you? I've been trying to find a game that would be easier to start translating, then trying to do a whole RPG, especially a game that hasn't been done before.

I checked the translations side and didn't see it anywhere. Well crap.
Looking through my notes on this right now... Tha game is pretty evil for a starter, I would say. As I remember, I had ti expand it and the expansion was pretty much non-standard in the field of bank positioning. Moreover, the pointers here are separated, so sometimes it's kinda worriesome to find a string you need. Moreover, it's one of the most MTEd games I've ever seen, as they compressed practically every second letter here...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:55:41 am by aishsha »

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
I did that first part without even having to do much fiddling, there was plenty of open spaces (00). but I could see what you're talking about.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
I did that first part without even having to do much fiddling, there was plenty of open spaces (00). but I could see what you're talking about.
It did have the empty space but it wasn't enough. I wasn't able to use the MTE dic that effectively they did in the original. And the game is really text-heavy for a zelda-like project. Let's say, I needed 3 times more space than they had it in the original to fit the whole text in.