News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY NES!! INEFFECTIVE  (Read 5059 times)

YEEYAM18

• View Profile
FINAL FANTASY NES!! INEFFECTIVE
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:46:06 pm »
Is it possible in FF1 for the nes to modify it so that when one of your characters attacks an enemy that has been defeated that it automaticly  moves to the next enemy in line rather then be ineffective?  just a question.  dont know how complicated it would be but im assuming it is since ive never seen a patch that does this.

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY NES!! INEFFECTIVE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure a hack that does just that exists somewhere. Try the GameFAQs FF forum or Google it

YEEYAM18

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:21:57 am »
I have actually googled it and looked pretty good and havent been able to find anything.  I will have to keep looking. If you know of any place i can find it for sure i would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »
I don't think it exists as a patch. There are threads at the GameFAQs forums for FF1 that have tons of info on bug fixes and improvements.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 07:49:20 pm »

furrykef

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:53:19 am »
I don't know why so many people balk at the one thing that makes combat more than a matter of pressing the same button over and over.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:41 pm »
Because it make your team seem like moronic robots, I guess.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:24:47 am »
Thanks for this, I'll definitely be interested in making a copy of it for myself.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 05:42:33 pm »
I don't know why so many people balk at the one thing that makes combat more than a matter of pressing the same button over and over.

As someone who played FF1 NES(Though I got bored of it quickly for other reasons) after the SNES and PSX ones:

I just thought it was incredibly stupid. "Oh hey we live in this land of magic and mystic and wonder and yet we can't fucking re aim if an enemy we targeted just got stabbed in the stomach or had his face frozen off."

It's one of those cases where even though the mechanic adds to the strategy of the game and makes you slow down, it's also so bleeding stupid from a logic point of view that it simply has to go.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

STARWIN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »
it's also so bleeding stupid from a logic point of view that it simply has to go.

Not really, if you consider the battle to be a fast paced one that occurs in space. You can't just attack that goblin and suddenly teleport to the location of some other goblin. You set the movement decisions first, and real time is used for execution. Not that fun games should be logical, though.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 11:38:00 am »
In theory it could add to "strategy", but considering the miss rate in FF1 is extremely high, random always has the last word no matter what you do.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »
It's annoying in the beginning when you only attack once, but once your characters start trying to attack more than once, you'll miss less often.
(maybe that's why the hit rate is low, so you're not doing high damage every attack?)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018