News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: EarthBound announced for European and North American Wii U Virtual Consoles  (Read 4309 times)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
I'm surprised a topic hasn't been started here about this yet.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/324528540223672321/photo/1

EDIT: This topic here already talks about it, sorry. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,16268.0.html

Please feel free to ignore / delete this. I was just excited, I guess! :D
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Zetshiro

• Rainbow!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Well I don't see anything wrong with a more focused discussion on Earthbound, this is a forum after all.

Isn't this going to be the first time anything Mother is being released in Europe? It's some great progression, and hopefully it'll signify some more life into the series.

Just imagine if Mother 3 can get an official release... :happy:

Jeville

• View Profile
So can a vanilla ROM somehow be made out of it like how we got the exclusive red Wii's Donkey Kong edition? If yes, then finally a non-prototype, albeit with some copyright stuff axed out.

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
So can a vanilla ROM somehow be made out of it like how we got the exclusive red Wii's Donkey Kong edition? If yes, then finally a non-prototype, albeit with some copyright stuff axed out.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I don't think there's even a prototype of Earthbound/Mother 2 in existence.
Unless you're thinking of Earthbound 0/Mother? Mother isn't and won't be released in NA or Europe. Same with Mother 3 most likely.

Jeville

• View Profile
Yeah, I was thinking of the wrong (NES) Earthbound game.

Bregalad

• View Profile
Sounds like Nintendo finally managed to work around their own evil copy protection in their emulator.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
I'll be buying it, if only to support the franchise. I might even buy it more than once if I could! Earthbound is really quite charming.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
I'll be buying it, if only to support the franchise. I might even buy it more than once if I could! Earthbound is really quite charming.
Same here. I'm hoping that if many Earthbound fans buy it, or buy Wii U's specifically to buy Earthbound (because you can fill out the surveys on the Club Nintendo site, and they ask stuff like "why did you buy the Wii U?") maybe the Mother series will get some more attention, and we'll get official releases of the other two games.

It's possible. Crazier shit has happened.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

LaDestitute

• View Profile
Oh god yes. I've have been waiting for this for so long. I love EarthBound so much, what a wonderful game.