Again, very cool. However, unless you know how to hack, it might not work. The original box if far smaller than the example you showed me. If you can get it to work without hacking, good luck.
Actually, the new logo is smaller, with an area of 98 tiles (14 x 7) as opposed to 100 (10 x 5). However, the line breaks took a couple of bytes more code than I had anticipated. So I had to alter the data for the credits some. Luckily, the credits data was inefficient and I cleared up some space there without having to make any visual changes there. Unfortunately, there are only four more bytes that could be cleared, so whenever you want to put in your translation credits, you'll be very cramped. However, I feel all of that could be avoided with pointer knowledge, which I don't have.
In fact, the whole game appears to be very inefficient. There was plenty of space for me to put the logo into the character table and still keeping the original in as well, with enough space leftover to possibly put in your full alphabet font for additional credits.
Anyways, I've finished it, and the following image is a direct screenshot from FCEUX:Here
is an .ips file made from the Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu.nes rom (the first I found from Google) with checksum CRC: 0C569A81. Assuming we are using the same source rom, and as secluded as my changes have been, you should be able to apply the IPS file directly to your translation-in-progress.
If not, you can apply the ips file to the original rom mentioned above and make the following changes:
- Copy and Paste from #015870–01593C (the title screen data, you can do this by opening both roms in FCEUX and click and drag to highlight and copy)
- Change address $014fA6 to $3C (palette)
- Copy and paste the full character table from $038010 (graphics, you can do this in yychr, again by opening each rom at the same time, highlight, copy and paste)