News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Princess Crown (Saturn) English Translation

Started by CyberWarriorX, February 27, 2013, 09:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cccmar

Well, if you check the Wayback Machine, one Anoop Gantayat actually made a full text translation/guide in English that you can find there. I know, it's not a patch, but it is better than nothing (wouldn't be surprised if someone had mentioned it earlier at some point in this thread). I'd wait for some more official news about the patch, but if it was cancelled - too bad, considering it'd been WIP for 10 years or so, but I guess it is what it is.

knight0fdragon

We didn't think so, hopefully you do not get too many harassing requests.

CyberWarriorX

Sorry for the radio silence on my end. Just to clarify so it doesn't get wings the story seems to originate from NeoGAF where it seems they misunderstood an earlier post dealing with the aftermath of my father's passing from a few years ago as a current affair.

GitHub project was an old build that I haven't updated in a long time since I've been using a private repository for a while now. So I decided there was no real point in keeping it up.

The current hold up is basically trying to juggle working on this with my work life.

knight0fdragon

Quote from: CyberWarriorX on February 04, 2022, 01:50:23 AM
Sorry for the radio silence on my end. Just to clarify so it doesn't get wings the story seems to originate from NeoGAF where it seems they misunderstood an earlier post dealing with the aftermath of my father's passing from a few years ago as a current affair.

GitHub project was an old build that I haven't updated in a long time since I've been using a private repository for a while now. So I decided there was no real point in keeping it up.

The current hold up is basically trying to juggle working on this with my work life.

It is all good man, glad to hear from you after all this time.

If you could at least restore the wiki side of things, that would be awesome. The info there was useful. (Unless you have it all in the private now and plan on releasing it in the future, in which case no rush on the info.)

You should also come hang out with us on the SegaXtreme discord, catch up with some of the gang.

hilgrat

Awesome to hear it's still active. Your efforts are greatly appreciated CyberWarriorX :beer:! Same for you SamIAm.
Betweem this, the MiSTer FPGA core that seems to be not too far from release, and all other projects being done recently, it feels the saturn is getting the love it deserves.  :thumbsup:

ArkthePieKing

Quote from: hilgrat on February 04, 2022, 09:05:09 AM
Awesome to hear it's still active. Your efforts are greatly appreciated CyberWarriorX :beer:! Same for you SamIAm.
Betweem this, the MiSTer FPGA core that seems to be not too far from release, and all other projects being done recently, it feels the saturn is getting the love it deserves.  :thumbsup:

I'm sayin'! I recently started streaming, but I don't really have a "thing" yet. I was doing obscure arcade and Game Boy games, but maybe I should try to work in some Saturn games and translations to get the word out on them. Either way I'm still so hype for this project, and I want to start looking into others as well

gameofyou

My heart skipped a beat for a couple posts there, lol.  I'm glad this was fake news, and the team is doing well.

Let us know if there is any way we can help you out.  I guess if nothing else, you will have a lot of volunteers to playtest/document bugs, when you get to that point.

Bruthkayo

Glad to hear the rumor is unfounded. A lot of people are anticipating this project with bated breath. We're all rooting for you guys!

WildWolf21

Quote from: gameofyou on February 04, 2022, 11:15:22 AM
My heart skipped a beat for a couple posts there, lol.  I'm glad this was fake news, and the team is doing well.

Let us know if there is any way we can help you out.  I guess if nothing else, you will have a lot of volunteers to playtest/document bugs, when you get to that point.

I'd be willing to volunteer when the time comes, as i just recently installed a Fenrir into my Saturn, and testing the patch's compatibility with all the different ODE's (Phoebe, Rhea, Fenrir, MODE, and Satiator) would be a good idea.

chuckiev79

I just want to say that I'm sorry that information that I posted here was incorrect. I thought that I was trying to help the cause and nothing more. 

Magma MK-II

Nice to know this translation is still going and that this rumor turned out to be false.

Goldfire036

Just created an account to say that I'm super excited for this project! Princess Crown is my last Vanillaware game to play and I can't wait for it to be in English. Hope your translation work is going smoothly, super appreciate all you do!

Cris1997XX

Bruthkayo

Quote from: Goldfire036 on February 18, 2022, 01:57:36 PM
Just created an account to say that I'm super excited for this project! Princess Crown is my last Vanillaware game to play and I can't wait for it to be in English. Hope your translation work is going smoothly, super appreciate all you do!

Mine too! I played Grand Knight's History for quite some time, but never beat it. I couldn't actually figure out how to beat it. Grinding away at the game just makes the enemies level up too. I could never really find the equipment that I needed to beat some bosses that were incredibly annoying.

Furea_Ikatteiru

Waiting with bated breath! This is gonna be amazing, keep going strong!

Enigmatic

Created an account just to express my excitement and gratitude, and to maybe ask, at approximately what percent completion are you at on the project?

reyvgm

Quote from: Enigmatic on April 13, 2022, 11:26:16 AM
Created an account just to express my excitement and gratitude, and to maybe ask, at approximately what percent completion are you at on the project?

Think of it like a loading bar. Just because the bar is at 99% doesn't mean the loading is about done.

PhantomArcade

As always, I'm still incredibly excited! I check back to this thread a few times a month and seeing the new responses makes me happy to see other fans jumping for joy. And any time we're lucky enough to get a developer update it's an awesome feeling. Keep going guys, you rock!  :woot!: