News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: AVGN  (Read 520 times)

CryinOnion

• "Once upon a time, a terribly sad onion ..."
    • View Profile
    • Crying Onion's Youtube Channel
AVGN
« on: November 25, 2021, 06:50:04 pm »
Hi everybody! After several months of hiatus, I'm back with a new project.

The idea came from playing the hack created by Pacnsacdave that uses the AVGN's Nemesis, the LJN Defender, as the main character. As a fan of the nerd, I automatically thought of creating a hack that reversed the roles, making him the protagonist. For no special reason, I put the idea in stand by and now, with the coming release of the physical edition of the AGVN official games on Switch and PS4, I'm so hyped that I decided to resurrect the project.

For my project I'm using Wolverine for Nintendo NES as a base, applying the two existing patches that make gameplay more consistent: "Wolverine Easy Version" https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/890/ and "Good Claws - Wolverine" https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3138/

Then I changed the text font and rewrote the plot. So, the next move is to hack the title screen and this is where I want to ask for your advice, as the project is provisionally called just AVGN until I come up with a catchy subtitle, something appropriate given the theme of the hack like "AVGN: Shit-pocalypse".

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. As I make progress I will share some screenshots with you. See ya!

The Beaky Buccaneer

• View Profile
Re: AVGN
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:32:54 am »
So, the next move is to hack the title screen and this is where I want to ask for your advice, as the project is provisionally called just AVGN until I come up with a catchy subtitle, something appropriate given the theme of the hack like "AVGN: Shit-pocalypse".
I'm just going for the obvious one here, but how about "AVGN: Crapocalypse"? :laugh:

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:51:06 am »
You could always do "AVGN: 8-Bit Apocalypse"
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:30:31 am »
I Suggest "AVGN: I won't stop until I destroy every cartridge and console apocalypse."
I kid. Perhaps "AVGN: Shit Picalypse."