Here is a quick tutorial to get you started. Another tool you will need is a text editor designed to handle large files like notepad++
. You already have Geiger's Debugger.
First get to a point where the HP will soon be loaded such as this one.
Then set up the debugger to create a log.
1. click Breakpoints
2. fill in the ram address that will be written to ($7e12f3)
3. tick write because you want to catch when the HP is written to it
4. finally you can either tick log now or, if you are quick, proceed with the game and switch back to the Debug panel to tick the log switch
5. you will see a line come up in the debugger indicating the ram address is being written to. press Step Into once to include that line in your log.
6. *Important* untick the log switch to complete the operation
There is a log folder in Geiger's directory. Since you are looking for the last operation completed you will want to find the last log that was produced if there are multiple logs. Open it up in Notepad++.
1. Highlight the ram address that the HP value came from ($00:1393 is effectively the same as $7e:1393. they both refer to the same ram bank.)
2. click search / find in the menu (sorry I didn't circle that but you will see it)
3. make sure the address is in the text field. make sure you are searching up because you are finding the last time that address was referenced. click find next.
You will see the HP was obtained from an index of values at rom location $5:ad52.
Take note this is SNES addressing. you can use Lunar Address
to translate it to a hex editor address which is $2ad52. Add $200 if it has a header($2af52).