News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Albert Odyssey - snes

Started by denim, February 18, 2013, 11:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunGodPortal

QuoteHas anyone done any work on the SNES Magic Knight Rayearth by Pandora, the same studio that did Arabian Nights?

First of all, what's that got to do with this game?

Second, that game is already translated so what are you talking about?
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Panzer88

Ah so it is, I could have sworn I had searched for it before and not been able to find it, bug its been around forever apparently.

The reason I brought it up was because, like Albert Odyssey, it is often mistaken as 1 game when there are actually several games.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

SunGodPortal

QuoteThe reason I brought it up was because, like Albert Odyssey, it is often mistaken as 1 game when there are actually several games.

I'm interested in it because it's one of the last few Sunsoft titles that wasn't Looney Toons.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

ObiKKa

Quote from: Panzer88 on January 08, 2016, 04:26:37 PM
Has anyone done any work on the SNES Magic Knight Rayearth by Pandora, the same studio that did Arabian Nights?

Yes. It's been done a long time ago. LOL. I saw this question posed at another thread recently. Anyway, good luck on the project, denim.

krom

Hi denim

I replied to your message you sent to me on byuu's forum...

Regarding your Albert Odyssey SNES translation work...

I thought I'd put up a link to my work for others to see:
https://github.com/PeterLemon/SNES/tree/master/Translate/Albert%20Odyssey
(This is just a replacement hack using the in-built English Capitol font.)

Your VWF text replacement looks really great!

If you need help translating, I found a great set of youtube videos, of a full playthru of the game, complete with English subtitle translation here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJapGamer/search?query=Albert+Odyssey
(39 Episodes)

Hope this helps & good luck =D

denim

Quote from: krom on February 07, 2016, 09:35:54 PM
Hope this helps & good luck =D

Hi krom!

Thank you for your reply! It is good to see more people willing to see this game in English.

I have seen your work. You replaced the Japanese text with using the same number of characters, so you have avoided to edit pointers. It is a meticulous work and very impressive.

Thank you also by the youtube videos. Fortunately, Yugisokubodai is doing an amazing job in the translation of Japanese text and soon he will finish it. My part is only to code ASM modifications in order to allow the necessary adjustments for a better fit of our occidental alphabet.

The VWF function is better now. Now, It resizes the dialog balloon in function of text size. Also, the text is drawn in many frames and not in one single frame as original game (line by line, not letter by letter). There are a lot to do yet, but we will have AO translated very soon!

krom

Hi denim,

Thanks for the update on your work...
It sounds like you have got a perfect text system going, for a great Albert Odyssey translation!
So great to also hear you have a real translator (Yugisokubodai) working on the project.
I can't wait to play it all the way thru when it is complete =D

Thanks for all your hard work on this project ;)