News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Megaman Z  (Read 15741 times)

FCandChill

• View Profile
###
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 02:47:33 am »
Comment removed because reasons...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:39:00 pm by FCandChill »

falchion22

• Shoryuken!!
    • View Profile
Re: Megaman Z
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 01:19:28 pm »
My only two-cents is that the 'Wily' capsules look a little out of place. I was actually expecting the pink/red capsules from MMX3.

I was trying to re-create the capsule he was in during the Megaman X4 anime:

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 03:10:13 pm »
Neat, I didn't even remember that.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 08:20:39 pm »
I think it was mentioned already, but maybe revise the Wily Capsules dialogue to have Wily's message only and remove Zero's POV message. Reading it was smh disruptive.

And was Zero's black form implemented? It could practically replace X's armor sprite. And I think when X first appeared in the game, X has a missing tile sprite (i.e. X's standing shooting sprite)

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
I think it was mentioned already, but maybe revise the Wily Capsules dialogue to have Wily's message only and remove Zero's POV message. Reading it was smh disruptive.

And was Zero's black form implemented? It could practically replace X's armor sprite. And I think when X first appeared in the game, X has a missing tile sprite (i.e. X's standing shooting sprite)
My issue wasn't with Zero's pov in the messages, just that there was no real information. The boot enhance capsule was alright but the head piece was absolutely nothing new and didn't even say what the head piece did. I would suggest giving small bits of story info with each capsule but also still describing what the armour piece in question does.

falchion22

• Shoryuken!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:36 pm »
Thank you all for the feedback. I will be sure to address some of the issues in the next release.

Here are a few answers to common questions some have asked:

1.When will you release a patch with Zero's hair ponytail?

Well, The honest answer is I don't know how to implement his hair. I only know how to hack sprites, text, and some minor coding.Asm coding is a bit confusing for me so I am limited in what I can do.I believe however, that Justin3009 was going to give it a try.

2.Is Zero's black armor implemented?
No, I did not put it in because my goal was to put in the X2 armor. But, I ran out of motivation to do even that. Maybe in the next release...

3. Zero's POV (Point of view) dialogue is confusing.Can you change it?
Lol, some people like it, some people don't. It's kind of "hit or miss" in regards to that. Again, I will consider removing it or changing it to something else.

4. How come the helmet upgrade dialogue lacked?
Well for various reasons...I ran out of ideas...and hex limitations...lol. But again, I will consider it for the next release.

5. There are some sprite errors noted ie: Megaman X in his intro against Vile, X is missing some tiles.

Yes, I am aware. When I over layed X's tiles over the original Zero's, I noticed that because of Zero's height difference, his buster is higher than X. So I had to make X stand up to shoot at Vile. But I ran out of space for the bottom of his cannon tile.

If any one of you have a suggestion for how to overcome tile 8x8 limitations please let me know.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:31:04 pm by falchion22 »

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »
@falchion22: I have a suggestion, a bit nitpicky. You know the texts have colors for Zero (red) and X (blue)? Maybe you could match the text colors to X & Zero?