News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 getting translated but not officially or by Square-Enix  (Read 25527 times)

Lilinda

• View Profile
Fuck I thought you meant Tales of Innocence DS.

As for the Vita version: They would have to do an FF4 DS style remake on it to fix it. The game is that broken, just don't bother with any version of it. I have played Superman 64, and I say this with the utmost confidence: It is worse than Superman 64. It is so worse. Never before has a game caused me so much anger, hate and bile. I loathe that game in every way, shape and form I can. If I was not a cripple, I would go on a blood vendetta on everyone associated with its production.

It is, to borrow a Japanese term, the ultimate kusoge. Do as Pink Floyd recommends, and Run Like Hell.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
LT, if there's only one Megadrive game I'd like to see in English, it's this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vixen_357

I really would like to tickle that one inappropriately, but I'm also a big time mech'n'TBS kinda guy.

And god forbid asking for this game to be in English is asking too much.  Disregard it's available fantranslated into RUSSIAN and FRENCH already.  Given how few Genesis JRPGs there are, shouldn't something like this take precedence?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:10:47 pm by DankPanties »

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
It's easy to say that everything should be translated, but looking at most of those games and putting the required effort to translate them into relation - THAT is enough to make someone weep. Just because something exist doesn't mean it's a lost gem. The Tales games on the DS are brilliant examples. And those are even from a big franchise and not budget romps like 90% of the stuff in those JRPG lists.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
Just because something exist doesn't mean it's a lost gem.

Oh I agree that there are plenty of stinkers out there.  But let's not pretend there aren't some real winners left untranslated also.

I recognize that hacking and translating a Japanese game into English is often a herculean task, I'm not knocking that.  I'm just saying that I'd like to see the community diversify its platforms more often.  But beggars can't be choosers!  So don't take me the wrong way you fine upstanding folks.

Really, once I have Front Mission 2 fully in English, I will die a happy man.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
I'll have to agree, I wasn't terribly impressed with what I saw from the Tales games on DS.  I do hear a lot of good stuff about 7th Dragon, however.

There's a good translation of Innocence for DS, but I had a hard time even finishing Vesperia.  I still maintain Symphonia and Abyss are the best in the series.  I haven't sunk enough time into Graces f yet, but it seems pretty good.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
I recognize that hacking and translating a Japanese game into English is often a herculean task

Not to mention that these things would have to done in their free time. If you could devote all your time to it, things would get done quicker.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
Not to mention that these things would have to done in their free time. If you could devote all your time to it, things would get done quicker.
Yep.  And that's why I get furious at people demanding that "X" patch be delivered now.  No appreciation for someone that is giving them something for free, that they worked on in their spare time, and really don't have to share with anyone.  Stupid entitlement culture.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

SargeSmash

• View Profile
Somehow, I get the feeling folks don't think about how they sound when they complain...

...which is probably exactly how I sound when I complain about my backlog of games.  There are people starving and oppressed around the world, and I'm complaining about not having the time to finish all the entertainment that is laid out before me.  Perspective, people!  Perspective!  (And that goes for me, too!)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
Who will quote me next?

SargeSmash

• View Profile
Nice job mixing up the usual Picard facepalm for Sisko.  Even if DS9 is my least favorite iteration of Star Trek.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
Honestly, I know next to nothing about Star Trek. I did watch and enjoy the... remake movie...? But I've always been more of a Star Wars kind of guy, and I still am not all that familiar with that. But I did have the chance to use Picard and I passed it up because it's so overused already...
Who will quote me next?

SargeSmash

• View Profile
I've always been a Star Trek guy myself.  I still don't quite see what everyone sees in Star Wars, fine movies (Ep. 4-6) they may be.  But to each their own!

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
Please don't turn this Type 0 thread into a Star Trek thread.

:'(

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, Dank, but all I can think about when I remember FF Type-0 is panties and how I'm not playing Final Fantasy Dimensions. :P Maybe I should step out of this thread because I legitimately have nothing else to say about FF Type-0...
Who will quote me next?

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
We can turn this into a panty thread, I'm okay with that.

Edit:

Now everybody is happy.  :D

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
Somehow, I get the feeling folks don't think about how they sound when they complain...

...which is probably exactly how I sound when I complain about my backlog of games.  There are people starving and oppressed around the world, and I'm complaining about not having the time to finish all the entertainment that is laid out before me.  Perspective, people!  Perspective!  (And that goes for me, too!)

Hey, I live in a third world country, and my birthplace was ridden with an all open drug cartel war in the streets witth mass shootings and things and I still complain about my huge backlog.
_-|-_

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
We can turn this into a panty thread, I'm okay with that.

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/RUbwzAt.jpg

Now everybody is happy.  :D

I found one that's both relevant and is panties:

Who will quote me next?

SargeSmash

• View Profile
Please don't turn this Type 0 thread into a Star Trek thread.

:'(
I won't, I promise!

We could, however, talk about many of the similarities between Final Fantasy and Star Wars, similarities that are particularly pronounced in FFXII.

Oh, wait.  Type-0.  Yes.  Probably not that similar to Star Wars.  Carry on, good people!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:02:55 am by SargeSmash »

Starscream

• View Profile

And god forbid asking for this game to be in English is asking too much.  Disregard it's available fantranslated into RUSSIAN and FRENCH already.  Given how few Genesis JRPGs there are, shouldn't something like this take precedence?

It's technically still a project of Red Comet, no?

Personally, I would have loved to see the translation for Star Cruiser materialising (the unofficial one, there was also an official one that was canned), but alas it was not meant to be. It's not in the abandoned project section, but I believe the hacker put his stuff up on a page. Can't find that atm though.