News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hiya folks :) I'm new! (Gameboy Color)  (Read 1376 times)

izlude

Hiya folks :) I'm new! (Gameboy Color)
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:53:13 am »
Nice to be here. I'm new to any of this, absolutely no knowledge of hacking roms... Well I'll get to the point.  I came here wondering if Gameboy Color's "Mario Family" could be hacked.

In this game (application really) you sew/embroider patches of mario characters. The GameBoy sends instructions to the sewing machine and it sews up your images. I'm just not certain HOW this works... Does it read the sprite? Or is there some kind of code associated with the image?

What I'd like to do is sew up my own logos, but I'm convinced it's not as simple as simply replacing the graphics in the game... there's gotta be some kind of language/code the gameboy reads, so simply replacing the graphic won't work...

What's your input on this?  You can see the game in action here, I'll be getting a flashcart soon to actually use it with my machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAGgMqsrfE

henke37

• View Profile
Re: Hiya folks :) I'm new! (Gameboy Color)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:53:02 pm »
Unless Nintendo manufactured the sewing machine too then they had to obey the protocol that the machine already uses.

You are better off just buying the sewing machine, reading the manual and writing your own program to program it than trying to hack this game. The sewing machine might even come with software to do it for you.