News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version  (Read 94052 times)

shlomidayan5

Re: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2013, 10:45:17 pm »
Nice job!
Say, do you know exactly the locations eithin the FireFred ROM of the graphic texts? things like titles in the pokemon stat screen (ATTACK, DEFENSE, IDNo etc), the intro and things like that. I need to edit their graphics to translate them from English. Can U please help?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2013, 07:29:42 pm »
This is my first time playing a Pokemon game, and I'm thoroughly enjoying trying to catch em all. When I found mew, I didn't find it particularly obvious that if you defeated mew, you wouldn't be able to get mew later (I saved before, so it was fine). Some text somewhere would probably make that clearer, or maybe have rare Pokemon reappear elsewhere if you accidentally defeat them. Also, it was fairly easy to find mew, and I think having to work a bit more to get mew would make catching it all the more rewarding.

I had never considered someone who has NEVER played a pokemon game before... i guess the legendaries (like mew) give as much warning as the other ones in the game (moltres for example)

mew was places so it would be easy to find early IF you were playing with fresh eyes... players who played old red and fire red and all the others that cruise thru pokemon games would never think to look there... but new players who explore (like the game should be played) should find him easily...

I appreciate all the comments and am hard at work on my next hack... it is exciting ;)
~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2013, 03:31:21 am »
Still no luck finding Sneasel. Are you sure it's in the game?

edited to add: (3:45 am) YES! it actually worked. I knew as soon as I posted that again about Sneasel I'd run into one. Now it's just a matter of finding Entei roaming around somewhere.

alexis1269

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2013, 11:53:43 pm »
How do you evolve Feebas? Is it still by beauty? I really want Milotic.

kooparupee

• View Profile
Pokemonsprites
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39:03 pm »
It would be really awesome if this was compatible with the moemon sprites ;D

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
Re: Pokemonsprites
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 10:10:12 am »
It would be really awesome if this was compatible with the moemon sprites ;D

I just tried patching the moemon patch after the ultra violet patch and it worked perfectly... no issues at all. since ultra violet did not change any pokemon sprites they are completely compatable...
here is the link to the download aswell as the instructions for patching (which also came with ultra violet)
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5581-ips-moemon-patch-updated-graphics/

(firered +plus will not be compatable you may cause errors if you try it)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:19:10 am by LocksmithArmy »
~Current Project:

kooparupee

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 06:21:49 pm »
The Moemon 2013 patch is not working for ultra violet, the fossil hunter's grimer in Mt Moon crashes my game :c (also butterfree and beedrill are bugged their sprites are kinda broken)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:42:46 pm by kooparupee »

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2013, 09:32:51 am »
The Moemon 2013 patch is not working for ultra violet, the fossil hunter's grimer in Mt Moon crashes my game :c (also butterfree and beedrill are bugged their sprites are kinda broken)

I used the patch from the link I posted above and it worked perfectly... for that battle aswell as butterfree (although I have not checked beedrill)
~Current Project:

kooparupee

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2013, 12:28:03 pm »

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »
http://gyazo.com/bfeaba336afa16fe93932cac06fb1bd6 here is a picture of it

lol poor butterfree

July 02, 2013, 12:18:07 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
-1.22 UPDATE-
     Players that cannot utilize in game saving (cell phone emulators) can now skip the game reset that occurs after fighting the e4... and can play the after game content...

(version 1.22 has been submitted for approval... expect it to hit the database in a couple days)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:18:07 pm by LocksmithArmy »
~Current Project:

Cannabites

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »
Yo, LocksmithArmy.

For some strange reason I cannot go to 4 point isle, I've talked to the girl multiple times,
Even after beating Lt. Surge, She still wont give me the letter, Could you help me on that?

P.S: This is one of the BEST roms I've ever played. Great Job!

July 29, 2013, 09:05:59 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also to add on to my previous post
I cannot access the elite Four due to the women who says that Lorelei
Is missing. I have also started post Elite Four events, even though I cannot access the elite four.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:05:59 pm by Cannabites »

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2013, 05:06:40 pm »
sounds like some of your flags are off... like you started playing the game from a gamesave that was started in a different game...

lorilie IS missing after you beat the E4... she leaves for the sevii islands and wont return till you complete a quest...

other than that the vermilian boat girl... what is she saying... (probably also related to the flag issue)

if she wont give you the letter she should still let you get there, just charge you $500...
~Current Project:

Cannabites

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2013, 03:34:18 pm »
The Vermilion girl always says " I like to exchange my mail with all sorts of people.
I send my PIDGEY to a UNION ROOM exchange MAIL for me".

With the Lorelei business, I have not beaten the elite four for the first time and I need to do so.

I have talked to the girl and she will not take me to four point isle at all.

any help is great....

Blue

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »
I have thoroughly enjoyed this Rom hack so far. However, I have recently run into a problem where every time I try to evolve any Pokemon by stone, the game freezes after the Pokemon has evolved and the background is completely black around the new Pokemon, once it gets to that point, the screen will not change after that, but the evolution music continues to play endlessly.
Any help would be appreciated. 

w4rkry

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2013, 12:37:44 am »
I had a similar problem with not accessing 4 point. I also couldn't use the item finder. I also couldn't evolve evee with a sun stone. I finally went back to the lab aid that gave me the item finder and talked to him again. It somehow fixed all those glitches I mentioned. However, I am having the problem where I can't revive the 2nd moon fossil. Could this be a similar problem, ie, not having a certain conversation? Please help

Firestar55

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »
I'm really confused. when I went to catch my starter I found a shiny Machop and caught it. but when i fought my rival it showed up as bad egg and restarted the game.

November 09, 2013, 11:20:20 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Yes! Yes! I can play Pokemon ultra violet on my phone.  If u have a phone that connects to a laptop with a USB then u copy the Tom as a zip file to the downloads section :)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:20:20 pm by Firestar55 »

Chippy2000

• I'm the CREATOR Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha Revival!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2013, 09:27:51 am »
how many broken sprites?! butterfree, beedrill, machop and mewtwo...
COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...

NNH

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:51 pm »
Hey, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you (whoever), but I have two questions for this hack. I really love it, but my Jirachi Egg won't hatch. Also, and more importantly, no pokemon can evolve without the game freezing. The sound keeps going on like a never ending evolution and the sprite is the newly evolved creature. This has happened with Kakuna-Beedrill, Eevee-Espeon/Umbreon. 60+ hours in, and beaten the Elite 4 and all story events. Could anyone help me?

NoahFoster

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2017, 04:54:49 pm »
Well done for the work mate,really good,enjoyed it very much,especially mew between 1st and 2nd badge..I found a solution for everyone that cant save in-game in 1.22,i dont know if anyone else did,but you must run it in Flash128K and you can save like a boss..