News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version  (Read 94053 times)

vanxander

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »
dome fossil

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2013, 04:20:13 pm »
yeah thats the one I thought you were talking about... i have no idea why you cant resurrect it... it should work :(

is anyone else having this issue, or is anyone else NOT having this issue with 1.21
~Current Project:

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2013, 06:17:19 pm »
I haven't gotten that far into the game yet, so I can't tell for sure. I would if I could, though.
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 01:37:29 am »
Same here.

P.S. those "shiny spots" are way too tempting, I don't know wether I love you or hate for them. :-\

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 02:31:41 pm »
I agree. I was so excited when I found a shiny Pokemon since it's such a small chance you find one and I've never found one legitly (any I've found were on Platinum using Action Replay), and then I found out about the shiny spots. It's cool you can run over those spots and get an instant shiny Pokemon, but it also makes them less special since you can force the game to give you one instead of being extremely lucky.
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 03:59:12 pm »
I agree lol... I have started my next project and wont be implementing shinyizer like that this time... its a fun challange to get 386 shiny lol... but as for them being rare its boring

I will use it for events (im going to do a crystal onix event) and im going to make some trainers have shiny pokemon too... just for fun ;) (itll be rare even in the trainers) maybe that trainer will mention their (insert pokemon) is special...

(for the record, I have found a legit shiny onix one time... only legit shiny Ive ever found)

~Current Project:

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2013, 11:25:51 pm »
Only legit shiny I ever caught was a crabby which I fished up in the cerulean gym on gold. I also found and accidentally killed another shiny in crystal, I can't remember what pokemon it was.

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2013, 01:16:59 am »
yeah thats the one I thought you were talking about... i have no idea why you cant resurrect it... it should work :(

is anyone else having this issue, or is anyone else NOT having this issue with 1.21

I first addressed that on the youtube playthrough videos of this game days and days ago.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:36 am »
I first addressed that on the youtube playthrough videos of this game days and days ago.

what "youtube playthrough videos" might those be? Im interested to see this issue in action (cause no matter how many times I try, it works for me...
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2013, 11:38:32 am »

I don't. Last night I got Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl.
But I still can't evolve Gloom with Sun Stone, nor Eeve with Sun/Moon Stone, it simply goes "Huh?".
I started the game with v1.10 and continued with next releases (you stated there were no
issues doing that before). Also, I think the game only gives you NationalDex if you catch the starter
in OAK's secret place. I chose Bulbasaur.

Is there any way to fix it without restarting...?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47:52 am »
I don't. Last night I got Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl.
But I still can't evolve Gloom with Sun Stone, nor Eeve with Sun/Moon Stone, it simply goes "Huh?".
I started the game with v1.10 and continued with next releases (you stated there were no
issues doing that before). Also, I think the game only gives you NationalDex if you catch the starter
in OAK's secret place. I chose Bulbasaur.

Is there any way to fix it without restarting...?

GAH your right... 1.10 only gave the national dex if you chose your starter... while 1.20 gave it nomatter what you chose...

ok... I have a plan... simply switch back to 1.1 (or regular firered, just remember to backup your sav and rename it) just before you beat the elite four... then switch back... you should have the national dex after the fight... and retain all your save (kinda a pain)

thanks I totally forgot about 1.1 being like that, i shall make a note on the main page for other users that may be having this issue...
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:07 pm »
Just to be clear... I'll get the NationalDex after defeating the Elite Four in regular FireRed and v1.1?
If I do that won't there be something new I miss in between or something?

PS: What's your new project?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »
Just to be clear... I'll get the NationalDex after defeating the Elite Four in regular FireRed and v1.1?
If I do that won't there be something new I miss in between or something?

PS: What's your new project?

you should not miss anything if you swap to fire redc or 1.1 immediately before fighting the e4... and swap back after oak gives it to you...

there are a few text differences, oak will tell you to go to 4 points isle instead of one island... but no major events will be lost.

PS:
My new project is another fire red hack, but I am adding gen 2 pokemon on Orange islands, removing the sevii islands. the pokedex will be reduced to 251 so you only need to catch up to celebi to complete it (gen 3 wont be included)

lots to do after beating the e4, there will be 4 gym leaders and a champ on orange islands and an entire quest (team rocket and the gs ball) and all kinds of small events (crystal onix, kabuto)
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »
Okay, I'll try that tonight then.

I was hoping for something similar to this on HeartGold (is there anything like that out there?).

Your new hack seems interesting, though. You could add something new/refreshing to the main regular "story" part also (first 8 gyms part),
since it can get boring to repeat it so many times (Red/Green/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen/UltraViolet/???). It's just a suggestion.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2013, 01:59:56 pm »
Okay, I'll try that tonight then.

I was hoping for something similar to this on HeartGold (is there anything like that out there?).

Your new hack seems interesting, though. You could add something new/refreshing to the main regular "story" part also (first 8 gyms part),
since it can get boring to repeat it so many times (Red/Green/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen/UltraViolet/???). It's just a suggestion.

i dont know if there is something similar for heargold... I am not a ds hacker... although I may move up to it ;)
~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2013, 05:30:06 pm »
So, will switching to 1.1 solve the fossil problem? If so where can I get 1.1?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »
So, will switching to 1.1 solve the fossil problem? If so where can I get 1.1?

no 1.1 wont resolve the fossil problem, it was an issue with 1.1 and was resolved with 1.2. I really dont know why yours is not working...
if you would like to email me your rom file, I can check to see if the codes are right or not... PM me for email details if youd like me to try
~Current Project:

Mondae

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »
I don't know if there is an issue with the fossils as I have not gotten that far yet (I'll let you know), but I have noticed some things that might be a bug (very minor though). On 4 point isle, I can't use the bike for some reason. Also, I don't know if there is supposed to be a map of the island, but the town map does not display 4 point isle (in fact, at one point it shows me to be out at sea). Other than that, I haven't found anything I recognize as a possible bug.

This is my first time playing a Pokemon game, and I'm thoroughly enjoying trying to catch em all. When I found mew, I didn't find it particularly obvious that if you defeated mew, you wouldn't be able to get mew later (I saved before, so it was fine). Some text somewhere would probably make that clearer, or maybe have rare Pokemon reappear elsewhere if you accidentally defeat them. Also, it was fairly easy to find mew, and I think having to work a bit more to get mew would make catching it all the more rewarding.

This is an amazing hack, and I'm having a blast. I can't wait to play your next one. You might consider varying up the main storyline a bit (if it's going to have the same main storyline as this one) to give some variation between games.

ze10

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »
I love this hack. I'm having more fun playing this than Pokemon Black, because not being able to catch them all is frustrating to me. =|

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »
Still no luck with Zigzagoon and Sneasel