News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version  (Read 94058 times)

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
Re: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2013, 05:02:53 am »
I have submitted the final release to the board... the game is done... thanks everyone for the help ;)

the game is completely playable with all the pokemon obtainable ;) no major game ending glitches and no pokemon left out (i missed 2 in the previous release)

here is a link to the players guide I made, it is in the .rar file once the 1.21 gets updated here... but if your impatient just download it from the link below...
http://ultravioletversion.yolasite.com/resources/Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20%281.21%29%20Official%20Players%20Guide.rar

enjoy

I just want to point out that the game_config.txt included with the rar has an error:

What you have in it:

# Pokemon - Ultra Violet(1.21) LSA
game_name = ULTRA VIOLET
game_code = PUVV
vender_code = 01
idle_loop_eliminate_target = 080008c6
flash_rom_type = 128KB

What the game_code is as read from the rom: BPRE

You didn't change the game_code to PUVV (at least according to gbata and vba).

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2013, 10:48:11 am »
Here is whats crazy, I diffenatly did change the code lol... but i apparently put the wrong one in the wrong .rar on my site... because the correct .rar was still in its proper folder on my comp... easy fix. i re uploaded it ;)

I just tested the new upload and its fine... try that ;) so sorry for the confusion.
~Current Project:

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:38 am »
I gotta say I always wanted to play the newer pokemon games, but I never really got passed the originals for exactly the reasons you made this hack. This is an awesome project! Cheers! I finally get to play this in a reasonable manner.

EDIT: I was wondering if there are any editors for the game other than the text editor? There are a couple pokemon I'd like to change around a little for my own personal tastes.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2013, 10:48:49 am »
There are plenty of editors. A plethora of them. Sprite editors, overworld editors, even starter pokemon editors. All sorts of tools where you can add new maps and events. The text editor I don't dig too much. I'd rather use a hex editor instead.
But the Advance overworld editor is king. I wish more games had an editor like that.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:27:06 pm by Pikachumanson »

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »
I gotta say I always wanted to play the newer pokemon games, but I never really got passed the originals for exactly the reasons you made this hack. This is an awesome project! Cheers! I finally get to play this in a reasonable manner.

EDIT: I was wondering if there are any editors for the game other than the text editor? There are a couple pokemon I'd like to change around a little for my own personal tastes.

If you are looking for an editor to change pokemon stats, type, moveset... YAPE is what I use... it can alter almost any aspect of any pokemon in the game... :)
~Current Project:

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »
Coolio! Thanks for the info. I'll try YAPE out. It sounds like just what I want. The changes I'm planning are pretty simple things like having Butterfree and Venomoth use the sprites they were obviously intended to use and edit the names so they more closely match their original Japanese names. (For example: Venonat -> Pingsect.)

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 10:05:07 pm »
Coolio! Thanks for the info. I'll try YAPE out. It sounds like just what I want. The changes I'm planning are pretty simple things like having Butterfree and Venomoth use the sprites they were obviously intended to use and edit the names so they more closely match their original Japanese names. (For example: Venonat -> Pingsect.)
YAPE cannot change the sprites... but it can change the names, movesets, evolutions, egg moves, which pokemon can breed whit which pokemon... and soo much more...
for editing images you may want to use UN-lz GBA... it can simply replace one image with another... they would need to be the same size and indexed (and the same palette but if they are the same pokemon they probably are)

there are other sprite editors... but unlz is more universal
~Current Project:

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 03:08:51 am »
I figured as much, but thanks for the head's up nonetheless.

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 01:53:29 pm »
Found a bug. If you get defeated by a trainer the screen fades to black and the game freezes.

Still remains in latest patch. Lost against Rayquaza. Also, why can't use bicycle in 4-Points Island?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2013, 02:59:17 pm »
Still remains in latest patch. Lost against Rayquaza. Also, why can't use bicycle in 4-Points Island?

this glitch "SHOULD" only remain on 4-points Isle... I was unable to fix this glitch for the new area, I did all the codes right... but it just did not work :( it SHOULD work correctly... but it does not... and idk y... sorry.

and... for the bicycle... I dont know... It never occurred to me to test the bike (superspeed emulation is addicting)... its probably fixable... but since there wont be more updates it wont get fixed... I do appreciate the notice tho... great tips for my next hack...

and before people get mad that I have ceased work on this hack, I just have to say, there has to be a point when the game is released and finished... nintendo released Fire red with MANY big glitches... then released a 1.1 version to fix some of them... think about missingno or the mew glitch... I do appreciate people finding issues with my hack but I had to choose a time to stop this project and move onto something new...
~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2013, 05:14:34 am »
There's still at least 1 problem. You can't resurrect both fossils. The Scientist just says "Aiyah! You here again!" Also I can't find Sneasel. Is it really in Icefall?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2013, 07:54:50 am »
There's still at least 1 problem. You can't resurrect both fossils. The Scientist just says "Aiyah! You here again!" Also I can't find Sneasel. Is it really in Icefall?
sounds like your playing version 1.20 not 1.21
both these issues are resolved in 1.21 so try redownloading it...
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2013, 10:40:58 am »
Gloom doesn't evolve with Sun Stone, it says "Huh?", and nothing happens (v1.21).

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 12:33:55 pm »
... I just double checked in the data... and it says he will evolve via sun stone... then I double checked in the game... and it worked for me... Twice... I even tried pushing (B) and it still evolved (guess you cant stop stone evolutions)

any chance you gloom was holding an ever stone lol
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 03:06:34 pm »
Nope, it doesn't. Do I need NationalDex?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2013, 05:58:00 pm »
Nope, it doesn't. Do I need NationalDex?

well, the anser is yes... but you should get the national dex immediately...

did you perchance start the game in an older (very old) version or a different rom (regular fire red)

in this game, when you are given the pokedex it is turned to national dex immediately... so if you dont have the national dex you will have to figure out how to get it because I dont think you can get it later...

~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »
sounds like your playing version 1.20 not 1.21
both these issues are resolved in 1.21 so try redownloading it...

Nope, 1.21. I even downloaded it again and patched it again (which worked for when I moved to 1.21 from 1.20). Didn't work.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2013, 06:32:44 pm »
Nope, 1.21. I even downloaded it again and patched it again (which worked for when I moved to 1.21 from 1.20). Didn't work.
I checked the code again and its updated... sometimes when you change roms without moving folders your vba (assuming your using vba) pulls data from its ini... and it wont actually make the update... you need to put the new 1.21 rom (probably freshly patched, not played) and vba without its .ini in a new folder (along with your .sav)
the ini stores your settings so be sure to put them back (especially the saving settings) this happened alot when I was making changes, they would not show until I moved folders, then it played with the changes...

only other thing I could suggest is to download this one:
http://ultravioletversion.yolasite.com/resources/Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20%281.21%29%20LSA.rar

its the same thing (should be) but I am hosting it...

but try them 1 at a time, so you know if it was the folder thing or if romhacking.net has an old version named wrong (i dont know why they would)
~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2013, 07:34:25 pm »
I checked the code again and its updated... sometimes when you change roms without moving folders your vba (assuming your using vba) pulls data from its ini... and it wont actually make the update... you need to put the new 1.21 rom (probably freshly patched, not played) and vba without its .ini in a new folder (along with your .sav)
the ini stores your settings so be sure to put them back (especially the saving settings) this happened alot when I was making changes, they would not show until I moved folders, then it played with the changes...

only other thing I could suggest is to download this one:
http://ultravioletversion.yolasite.com/resources/Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20%281.21%29%20LSA.rar

its the same thing (should be) but I am hosting it...

but try them 1 at a time, so you know if it was the folder thing or if romhacking.net has an old version named wrong (i dont know why they would)

Nothing is working. Can you just give me steps or something. I've done like 4 new folders and I still can't resurrect the second fossil.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2013, 10:49:50 pm »
ok... there are 4 fossils... so which one are you specifically talking about...
~Current Project: