News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version  (Read 94057 times)

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
Re: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »
the mew popping up after he has been caught has been fixed
idk now to make mews cry in the beginning (any help would be apreciated)

the mew map is supposed to have the funny boarder because its a digital world... the idea is its inside a pokeball... i guess I can fix it if noone is getting it...

I shall work on the text for the catch your starter area... (i learned a few things since then)

I changed the header on purpose so it does not match a fire red header... ive never tried working with real hardware only emulators... I suppose if it need to match for real hardware ill put it back ;)

I would happily release other regions and languages if I knew how lol... aswell as the "source" what is required to do that?

I would like to finish the 1.2 update before I try to release it in different languages and whatnot... as hopefully 1.2 will be the final release.
~Current Project:

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »
On the Header issue, if your using an emulator or flashcart that can use a "game_config.txt" file than add this to it:

# Pokemon - Ultra Violet
game_name = ULTRA VIOLET
game_code = BPRE
vender_code = 01
idle_loop_eliminate_target = 080008c6
flash_rom_type = 128KB

But yah, you might want to include this in the readme so long as you have an edited-header on there, and alternatively you could make an edited and unedited header version available for people who this method isn't available for.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 06:47:14 pm »

- Change title screen PKMN scream to match MEW's. fixed
- Fix dialogs in the secret OAK place. After some dialogs, other will pop-up but fade away. Fixed
- Fix MEW's secret location map, it is a bit... unpolished (like hill borders and the map weird blue surrounding tiles). Fixed
- Fix MEW still appearing after getting it? Fixed

And I had to fix the ROM header after patching it so it could work on real hardware. still dont know what to do about this one...

On the Header issue, if your using an emulator or flashcart that can use a "game_config.txt" file than add this to it:

# Pokemon - Ultra Violet
game_name = ULTRA VIOLET
game_code = BPRE
vender_code = 01
flash_rom_type = 128KB

But yah, you might want to include this in the readme so long as you have an edited-header on there, and alternatively you could make an edited and unedited header version available for people who this method isn't available for.
do I just put that in a .txt file and add it with the rar? (none of my emus use this type of file)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:49:23 pm by LocksmithArmy »
~Current Project:

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »
do I just put that in a .txt file and add it with the rar? (none of my emus use this type of file)
just note in the readme to add that to an emulators/flashcarts "game_config.txt" file if it has one, if it doesn't have one then it's most likely not compatible with it, and then the only way to fix the problem becomes to change the header back to the fire red header.
By the way, this is the standard fire red game_config entry:

# Pokemon: Fire Red (E/U)
game_name = POKEMON FIRE
game_code = BPRE
vender_code = 01
flash_rom_type = 128KB

All PSP emulators, a number of GBA flashcarts, and almost all mobile emulators use this file.

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2013, 08:17:32 pm »
I use an EZ Flash IV, and it doesn't have a text file like that. Also I didn't have to mess with the rom's header, it patched perfectly as far as I can tell. Then again, the most recent version I have is the one before Locksmith added the catching your own starter pokemon sequence, so I should probably update it. :P
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 09:53:14 pm »
I use a letcool and a flashcart for ds and one on my phone and none have fussed... (not counting vba or other comp emus which have also not complained)

I guess ill just leave it with the fire red one tho (i really ddnt want to) since it might be an issue for some emus...
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:11 pm »
It's not so complicated, for me it was simply a ROM checksum problem
I had to fix with gbata (GBA Tool Advance 0.7a by coolhj) so I could run it on real hardware.

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
I've been playing it a lot recently because I want to test it for you, and I've noticed something in the game that's starting to bug me.

Why are so many things in all-caps? Mostly I'm referring to the dialogue, I'm okay with the Pokemon names, items, and moves. POKeMON is always all-caps, cities and towns are all-caps, even people's names are in all-caps. Whenever I see all-caps, I think of somebody screaming. So unless people scream out POKeMON every time they say it in a casual conversation, I see little point. In my opinion, it just looks bad. Capitalizing should be enough for cities and names.

Would this be hard to fix? I would imagine it probably isn't, but it would be time-consuming to go through every dialogue string and fix that.
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 09:24:24 am »
Would this be hard to fix? I would imagine it probably isn't, but it would be time-consuming to go through every dialogue string and fix that.
^^ exactly

I kept the trend in all dialogue I added because it was easier than changing everything else lol.
I might give it a shot tho, I know someone did it atleast once that ive seen. there may be a patch for it and ill just have to edit my added text... ill look into easy ways ;)

March 04, 2013, 02:22:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
1.2 is released ;)

if you have had header issues with 1.1 I hope they are fixed in 1.2
someone let me know please ;)

updating from 1.1 to 1.2 is as simple as downloading the new patch and changing your .SAV name

you should have no furthur issues, just more content...

to access the new island go to the southern most house in virmillion and talk to the little girl with the pidgey...

if you go as soon as possible you will have to make multiple trips to the new island... if you wait till after the elite four you can do everything BUT you will be far overpowered for catching most pokemon.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:22:13 pm by LocksmithArmy »
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »
Found a bug. If you get defeated by a trainer the screen fades to black and the game freezes.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »
Found a bug. If you get defeated by a trainer the screen fades to black and the game freezes.

I am aware... its been taken care of everywhere except the new 4-points Isle... thats the only place I cant fix :( still working on it for the 1.21 release
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2013, 12:23:34 pm »
Also, I noticed no mystical dog is present in location 1.
I chose Bulbasaur, so it should be Suicune. Weird.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2013, 12:54:18 pm »
they wont show up till after the Sapphire Ruby event (after the elite four)
~Current Project:

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 03:41:25 pm »
Ah, okay, I thought it was weird because it appeared once at the beginning of the game, in another game-save.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »
yes, raikou is on route 2 at the beginning of the game for everyone... he may or may not reapear there... it depends on your starter
~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 04:12:32 pm »
I tried out UV 1.20 yesterday. I decided to catch my own starter and I encountered a shiny Pichu so I caught that. That was a mistake though because in the battle with my rival at the beginning, it went into battle as a bad egg that had 3 defensive moves and one glitchy attack that was just some weird symbols. I used that glitchy one and it said "bad egg used a normal attack" but it missed, after that it started playing by itself and went to the items and used a pokeball. It then froze when it said "red used a pokeball" with a pokeball sprite just hovering there by the trainer sprite.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 06:55:16 pm »
I tried out UV 1.20 yesterday. I decided to catch my own starter and I encountered a shiny Pichu so I caught that. That was a mistake though because in the battle with my rival at the beginning, it went into battle as a bad egg that had 3 defensive moves and one glitchy attack that was just some weird symbols. I used that glitchy one and it said "bad egg used a normal attack" but it missed, after that it started playing by itself and went to the items and used a pokeball. It then froze when it said "red used a pokeball" with a pokeball sprite just hovering there by the trainer sprite.

I am aware that shiny starters made by the shinyizer turn to bad eggs... I have fixed this for a 1.21 release...

but let me just say... COOOL!!!

my bad eggs never know any moves and your stuck in a battle you cant do anything... lucky you

end result... dont catch a shiny starter

(in 1.21 I have removed the shiny in the catch your starter area)

thanks tho
~Current Project:

vanxander

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2013, 09:22:05 pm »
What about other shiny pokemon? Are those safe to catch?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »
What about other shiny pokemon? Are those safe to catch?

absolutly... just not the one in the "catch your starter" area

for some reason starting pokemon measure shinyness in a different way... I dont know how to fix it... im still researching it..

March 21, 2013, 07:52:54 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
At the request of some beta testers who have been hunting glitches (there were a several) I have made a few modifications... celebis location for one...

another fun little easter egg is BURIEDALIVE has been added ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8H_flAc4EA

I am still working on getting the ending if you lose the fight to match the creepypasta (it wont erase your sav) but its a fun little addition for those who care.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:52:54 pm by LocksmithArmy »
~Current Project:

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »
I have submitted the final release to the board... the game is done... thanks everyone for the help ;)

the game is completely playable with all the pokemon obtainable ;) no major game ending glitches and no pokemon left out (i missed 2 in the previous release)

here is a link to the players guide I made, it is in the .rar file once the 1.21 gets updated here... but if your impatient just download it from the link below...
http://ultravioletversion.yolasite.com/resources/Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20%281.21%29%20Official%20Players%20Guide.rar

enjoy

~Current Project: