News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 467916 times)

FNTM

• "Slime Blossom"
    • View Profile
    • SYSTEM LABYRINTH
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1220 on: July 18, 2019, 08:45:00 am »
Greetings, videonauts. I am FNTM, pronounced "Phantom."
I set up this account in advance of a translation project me and a couple of friends have begun working on.

I love computers. Not just the machines themselves, but also the theory, science and culture surrounding them, from algorithms to informatics and everything in between. I have meditated on the aesthetics of binary information. I have found beauty in the cascading flow of data through the registers of a GPU pipeline. I'm listening to "One Night in Neo Kobe City" as I write this, and I almost cried at the end of Serial Experiments Lain. I read Pilgrim in the Microworld like a bible, and the name "Ryuichi Sakamoto" makes my eyes go wide.

Naturally, I also love videogames of all kinds. My tastes are eclectic, swinging effortlessly between Doom and YU-NO, Takeshi's Challenge and Rondo of Blood, between games as edgy as Sin & Punishment and as adorable as Panel de Pon, games as popular as Super Mario 64 and as obscure as Liz Ryerson's Problem Attic. I am fascinated with the technical wizardry that went into programming old games, and I write about games on a blog in my spare time. I even draw pixel art. I drew my avatar, for instance.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and to what is hopefully the first of many years as part of the ROMhacking community. Best wishes, and wish me luck!

mcoorlim

• View Profile
    • Author Page
« Reply #1221 on: July 19, 2019, 11:51:41 pm »
Hey hey, I'm MCoorlim, and I write books, dabble in game design, and occasionally produce podcasts. I've always been a retrogamer, and I've been using the site to find translation hacks to play a lot of the games that didn't come out in the US for one reason or another.

Hacks have always fascinated me, both as a player and as a developer, seeing what kind of new art people make from what's available to them. Remixing is great.

Anyway.
Author Page - Blown Cartridges retrogaming channel

Lollie

• View Profile
    • Lollie
« Reply #1222 on: August 01, 2019, 01:36:36 am »
Hey, I'm Lollie! I'm primarily a visual artist, but I do a little bit of everything. Video work, game tinkering, personal mods and hacks.

I'm hugely interested in older games. As far as ROM-hacking goes, I dig translations of Japan-only releases, recolors of monochrome games, remixes and mashups. Disassembly projects are cool as hell, even if I don't have the skill/knowledge to fully understand them. HD Packs are fascinating, and I've tinkered with a live border for Pokemon in the past (built for bizhawk, unfinished & unreleased).

I'm mostly here as a lurker for now, but I'd love to learn how to get more involved with older games.

Kira S.R.

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 03, 2019, 10:03:16 pm »
Wazzup Everyone. I'm Kira S.R. I'm primarily a romhacking hobbyist, and work with some stuff from time to time. if you know me from other places, you may already know that I'm Extremely Lazy... so i tend to postergate stuff like... forever... Super fan of Classic vintage Racing Games and occasional RomHacker here and there...  I've did already some projects in the past, but just now i decided to stop being a lazy man, and actually posting them for the public. (because of course i said i would do it... but forgot to do it XD). Just thought to say hi before going to do the hacking stuff, since there is an introduction topic around here... so... Nice to meet ya all

Tallcat

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 05, 2019, 08:29:14 pm »
Made an account so that I can leave positive reviews on translations I've used in the past. I love this site.

ryouga

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 06, 2019, 07:35:23 pm »
Ok, new here drained due to late at night, sickness and tired from work but hope to one day contribute something even a basic hack or code now I am getting interested in such things in free time.

TheZacharino

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:00 pm »
Hello, people! I'm Zach. I've been a fan of this website for a couple years and just decided to try to get more involved and send good energy to all the devs and enthusiasts on here. Cheers!

doubleyuuP

• View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 23, 2019, 06:44:51 am »
First post, hi! I just registered for an account and I know nothing about ROM hacking for now. I want to learn a lot, so if you're reading this on a later date, I might have know more.

I'm here to learn about translating ROMS, I'm starting a non-profit group that translates Japanese Visual Novels that I think is great and I have no clue on how to do it.

I'm mostly active on another site called MangaDex where I translate manga (comics). If that's up your alley, visit me there.

undamned

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 28, 2019, 07:05:45 pm »
Greetings!  I do mostly hardware projects, but recently found a Capcom CPS1 related project on here (Final Fight 30th hack) and thought I'd join in on the fun :)
-ud

geralds

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 05, 2019, 06:35:28 am »
welcome all. I recenty found this place when i was messing around with snes rom. I have a game that impossible to pay do to some resolution issue and while looking for a fix i found this place. I am hoping to find someone arround here knowledgeable enough thats willing to fix such a minor and silly thing. Thanks and i hope to speak with people soon ^^.

Exley

• View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 06, 2019, 09:55:05 pm »
Hi, im Exley, im old.sega fan, wishing to either learn
small type.of.hackig or find someone who will help.

Cheers

KobaBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 07, 2019, 08:13:12 am »
Yo, I'm Koba. Or David if you prefer meatspace names.
Oldschool RPG nerd, very jank at Japanese, inexperienced 65c816 programmer (do plan on learning more languages tho).

I'd like to help with patch making somehow or make my own, but for now I'll just stay in the sidelines and cheer people on.

My mother tongue is also Portuguese (European, not Brazilian) so I wouldn't be opposed to making Portuguese patches for text heavy games.

I learned 65c816 from Super Mario World hacking (probably not the best field, but!), and I'm not opposed to reading uncommented ASM code with the help of a debugger if necessary to learn. I'm just not very good at using a debugger.

meatyfalcore

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 07, 2019, 01:04:10 pm »
I recently got an itch to replay CT and while looking around I found this place with all the mods and so far they have been great.

KaikeKTH

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 13, 2019, 12:09:05 pm »
Hey, sup. I'm KaikeKTH, "Kaike" being pronounced as "kaa-ih-k". I'm a rom hacker, and creator of Kaizo Sonic. I'm also working in a Homestuck fancomic, called Homestuck: San Andreas. But i'm not working on it for now, so i can give priority to Kaizo Sonic 2.
My main hobbies is making music and working on my projects. I don't know how to make SMPS though. I may try to learn it, but making SMPS for Sonic 2 can be hard, even with a custom driver.
I don't have anything else to say for now, but i may be active here, depending of my time.
Anyway, if you're still reading this, i hope you have a nice day!

zeroecos

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 08, 2019, 05:40:05 pm »
Greetings everyone! I've coming around a lot during the years in search of translation patches and finally decided to try my luck in rom hacking.

richbroth

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 10, 2019, 04:02:14 am »
ELO Governor! New here, i collect retro games.

Allerius

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 10, 2019, 01:46:42 pm »
Hello there!  :)

I've been coming to this website a lot in the last years to get hacks and utilities, and decided to enter to try my hand at hacking. I just posted my first hack here (for Super Castlevania IV) and am pleased to have joined.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:56:51 pm by Allerius »

Trumpster

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 11, 2019, 07:36:47 pm »
Hello friends. My name's Leonardo, but you can call me Leo! I have been a visitor of this site for a LOOOOONG time and I felt it was time to register and contribute with anything I could, even if it is only nice reviews. I'm going to write a lot of them.

In from Brazil and I'm currently 31 yo. See you guys soon. Leo.
Make the Blue Bumber Great Again

BLAZINOAH

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 23, 2019, 07:05:04 am »
I am BLAZINOAH. I joined this board because I have two Analogue Super Nt consoles and an Analogue Mega Sg, and I'm looking for interesting hacks to patch my ROMs. I'm particularly keen on finding a patch for Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES that will allow me to use 10-star Turbo speed setting without having to input a cheat code.

goqehiho

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 04, 2019, 02:57:48 am »
I'm new to the forum, my name is Bred, from Wheaton, 25 years old studying IT Engineering and working as web&app developer.  :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: