News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 378375 times)

DioShiba

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1140 on: November 10, 2018, 01:40:05 pm »
I'll make this brief.

I'm DioShiba, I'm also known by my IRL name as Drew in some circles. I've been interested in the RomHacking scene for sometime after being exposed to emulation by a friend of mine back in the early/mid 2000's during the advent of AOL and pre-facebook era. Since then I've been going to communities such as TVGR (then known as the Spriter's Resource) and Pixel Joint after developing an interest in pixel art and spriting. I've also been aware of rom hacking communities like SMW Central and have known a couple of folks who've gone there, but not necessarily in the sense that I'm a part of them.

Currently, I'm studying for a BFA in Digital Arts over at Pratt in 2D Animation and minoring in Creative Writing. Part of the reason why I decided to join the community here is mainly because I'm interested in learning more about the history behind Rom Hacking and shed new light on an otherwise underground kind of gaming from a different perspective.

Cheers.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 18, 2018, 01:05:43 am »
Hey, the name's Kazufox. I've recently started messing around with mods/hacks. Currently, I've got one just made now, even if it's a swap of the final boss sprite for another...appealing character. For the most part, I've always just stuck with sprite art since I'm not that good at programming/coding.

So as of right now, I've only got an SMB3 rom hack replacing Bowser with Bowsette (and few other things). I've been lurking on here for a little while too before joining. A lot of helpful information is on here that I never knew about. Like with puzzle-like tiles in NES romhacking, debugging, and other stuff.

Lunky

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 18, 2018, 06:14:35 am »
Hello All,

I'm Lunk, Nice to meet ya, nice to speak to ya.
Longtime "user" of this site's wonderfull database of patches.

Quite good at translating, never published any work because i suck at asm and hex.

Longtime wannabe romeditor with little to no knowledge.

Cheers!

kiryo

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 19, 2018, 10:33:21 am »
Hi, I'm Kiryo. Big fan of retro games and been always interested in tweaking things. Recently made my goal to work with Shin Megami Tensei GBA version.

princesssarah

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 19, 2018, 08:16:12 pm »
Hello!

I'm Princess Sarah and I, probably unsurprisingly, am generally a fan of Final Fantasy (particularly FF1). I've been getting a bit more involved with rom hacking through Final Fantasy Randomizer and a tiny bit of FF4FE. My current pondering is if it's possible to do something similar to FF4FE for Final Fantasy Daw of Souls for the GBA.

Motorpsych0

• View Profile
[OFFER] I want to translate ANY game from english to spanish
« Reply #1145 on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:56 pm »
Hello, im from Argentina. I want to practice more english helping people to translate games

I wish someone send me the plain text to translate, then patch the game as he want.
just leaving a minimal signature of my work in the game as everybody does

Feel free to send PMs

NeoGeoThai

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 21, 2018, 12:09:19 am »
Hello guys ,
I'm Marc from Pattaya , Thailand.
Also knows as NeoGeoThai. I was the one back in 2013 selling the huge dead stock of Megadrive 2 ASIA PAL all over the world.
I do now the full set of Megadrive PAL / ASIA / JP / US games and I'm also a big fan of romhacking (MD/Genesis and Super Famicom).

Dezmancer

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 21, 2018, 11:06:58 am »
Hi there! I'm Dezmancer, and I feel it is my passion/purpose to translate obscure Japanese games (especially JRPGs) and bring them to English-speaking audiences however possible.

I notice almost everything that is both obscure and good on the SNES has pretty much been translated already, so I am hoping to specialize in titles for the Genesis, Saturn, and PS1. My big hope at the moment is to one day see Langrisser III, V, and Growlanser I fully English-patched. I'm a long way from that though as I am working on improving my knowledge of Japanese and game hacking at the same time and i'm likely to be slow at it for a while.

In the meantime, I can at least help with editing existing translation scripts (I've run into several scripts where the translator admits the the work is rough due to not being a native English speaker or other issues) since I am writing editor by profession. Thanks to everyone on this board who has had a hand in bringing so many titles to English audiences, and I hope to do my part as well!

Arty

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 21, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »
It's me, Artemis
I lost access to my other account along with my email after my phone broke because yahoo is shit and was trying to get me to verify my email through an unusable phone. Didn't have much of a desire to come back for awhile, since the only mildly significant project I did (mario world enhanced) wasn't going anywhere, and was in reality just a bunch of patches from smw central put together in one hack with *very* minor edits. So plagiarism. If I ever go back to that, which I currently have no plans to, credit will be properly given as it should have been when I first released it.

So I'm back, I guess. Mostly to better keep up with some of the projects I'm interested in, and a minor request I've been wanting for awhile.

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 26, 2018, 05:34:46 pm »
Hi. :woot!: I just play games. I don't make them.

gauss

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 06, 2018, 10:20:56 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm Gauss, I like programming and studying foreign languages.  I'm currently working on a translation/hack for Baroque on the Sega Saturn, and found myself coming here a lot for tools/advice so I decided to register.  As of now I'm still making a comprehensive .tbl file, and then I'll dump the script.

Have a good day everyone :cookie:

#

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 07, 2018, 03:34:02 pm »
Hello, it's #, and I'm here to learn about NES hacking, gather the best tools and documentation, and keep track of any interesting projects by other members. With a little luck I'll be able to publish my first NES hack here in time for Christmas.

PS, it seems new member posts need to be approved by a moderator. This is fine, but it would be helpful if the site was more upfront about this by mentioning it in the forum rules when signing up, along with the details of when it will be lifted. I initially thought something had gone wrong when I made my first post.

Brightness

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 07, 2018, 08:19:08 pm »
Hello Everyone! The Revolutionary Eon is here!

I joined here because I want to learn how to code for GB/GBC/GBA. Hoping to have fun with you all!

OrangeFrog

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 08, 2018, 04:13:11 pm »
Hi Everyone, long time gamer (90s and on) and "romhacker." Recently picked up the sd2snes and started going through my neverending backlog. Really appreciating all the work everyone has done to make this community great!  :)

tampa03cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 11, 2018, 11:31:39 pm »
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, 5th time poster. My first 3 posts were in the excellent FFIV-Ultima thread in the personal project section. 8-Bit-Fan's work there is really bringing me back to the smell of my SNES and the basement I played it in during the early 1990s in rural South Dakota. The excitement of going to the video mania in Sioux falls, all the SNES and NES carts flattened and laminated, sitting in bins ready to be flipped through and rented. You even got a token to spin a slot machine (which would net you free rentals if you won, actually nailed it one time for a cash prize but couldn't accept it because I was 7, so got 10 free rentals).

I remember the first time playing FFIV, watching the redwings fly through the sky, the music, I can remember the way the air tasted. Then memory flashes to the party screen with Tellah, Cid, Yang and Cecil in the tower of Babil and waking up at like 4am before school on Monday (they day the game had to go back) to play it more.

It's a feeling I thought I'd never get to feel again (as I never managed to get a physical copy), but then I found emulation a few years later. Fast forward 25 years and I am in my early 30s, and found myself with that feeling all over again playing some of the amazing work on this forum. We have an opportunity no generation before us really does, to take the works we enjoyed and to make them even better!

(You could try with the Beatles music or Van Gogh's art, but something in that form isn't really conducive to being "enhanced").

Somewhat long intro I suppose, but I truly wanted you random strangers to know that your work helps me achieve a level of child like excitement that is rare for any adult to feel.

I hope to get the opportunity to sample and support some other works here in the future.

Regards,
Tampa03cobra