News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 324474 times)

JivelyGames

• View Profile
I join the community here
« Reply #1100 on: April 21, 2018, 07:10:49 pm »
Hello RHDN,

I go by Jively. I have been watching content creators on YouTube and Twitch play Super Mario romhacks for a while. I loved them so much I want to join the romhacking community in general - so here I am.  :)

My favorite genre is RPG and I enjoy all other genres as well. I think it would be fun someday (don't know how soon yet) to try my hand at making a romhack of an RPG I enjoy such as Super Mario RPG, or one of the Final Fantasies (1-3 US, 1,4,6 JP), or even Fire Emblem.

I am also a (very) new streamer and content creator myself and have been doing so consistently for about a month now. You can find my new Twitch channel by the same name: JivelyGames, where I am currently playing vanilla FFVI and FFIV: The Darkness Within from this site (really enjoying it). Please feel free to drop by and say hello - I started streaming because I enjoy chatting while playing the games I play.  :)

I plan to visit RHDN often - I've already seen I can help maintain pages, leave reviews, maybe start a romhack of my own, and of course stream the ones I play as well as make edited versions of those streams for YouTube.

I hope the community is welcoming and I can jump in and start contributing. Thanks for reading.  :thumbsup:

detectDefective

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1101 on: April 24, 2018, 01:48:47 pm »
I've been a lurker for the past while. Originally came across this website while looking for a Swordcraft Story 3 translation, and ended up browsing weekly, looking at projects new and old.

Ended up making me want to hack ROMs, though my grasp on code is, politely, garbage. Still, I'd like to see what I can do with what I've got, and I've got my eyes on PilotWings for the SNES. Hopefully, I'll be able to come up with something worthy of a release.

Thanks for reading, and have a good one.

Hackalacious

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:51 am »
Hello!

I've been coming to this site for about 5 years now, revisiting old classics with new twists and finding new experiences through the translations.

I've been on again/off again with my desire to make ROM hacks, but I decided that enough was enough and that I would just get started. I've decided that, as a goal for myself, I'd like to challenge myself to creating a complete ROM hack by the time I go back to school in August. Nothing big, because I know I'd be doomed to failure, but maybe something simple like sprite, palette, or even level editing.

As for stuff about me, there's not much to say. I love just about everything Nintendo, and I love to collect all sorts of console variations when I find something that piques my interest. My favorite video game franchises include The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, and The Elder Scrolls, and my favorite of each of those is The Wind Waker, Aria of Sorrow, and Oblivion, respectively. When I'm not playing video games, I find myself doodling or writing for fun.

I hope that, in time, I can become a frequent member of this community and contribute something of value that people can enjoy.

Thanks for reading!

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 07, 2018, 03:25:49 pm »
Hello all! I decided to join this forum after I found myself having visited this site quite frequently for releases and updates. I'm excited to explore everything the boards have to offer.

sc00pj0hn

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 14, 2018, 05:32:43 am »
Hey there, just registered here because i've been working on a fantranslation of a japanese computer program that allows you to make SHMUPS, and it was used for certain doujin shmups like Graze Counter, Revolgear, etc.

Wish me luck!

Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 15, 2018, 06:43:42 pm »
I am Jax and I love helping people out...to my best ability.
I am however.... a "newb"! Am willing to grow and learn and expand from Hard Modding/Soft Modding to more intricate scripting and such.

That being said!
Scoopjohn I am interested in the SHMUPS (as you put it.) "Frantranslation"....So if you could post or message me the outcome or how it's going. I just love SHMUPS, to see somebody working on a program that make's SHMUPS....Is "Awesome"!

Thank You for the welcoming and reading my post. ;)

Edit;How do I add a avatar to my profile?

Jax
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:07:49 pm by danke »

Oddbrother

• No need to fit in.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 22, 2018, 01:39:35 pm »
Hello! Nice to meet you. Meow. :3

I'm just an enthusiast of ROM hacks and an addict to emulated games.

I enjoy the expanded features that a hacked game can offer to either extend its replay value or appreciate the appearance that had gone missing from the beginning.

I'm also happy to see English fan translation projects that happen on various famous RPGs.

I started retro gaming since the 16-bit SEGA home console and emulated gaming since the release of Windows 98.

RetroGaijin

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 23, 2018, 07:55:29 am »
Hello!

I'm posting here because I wanted to send my appreciation for the efforts of the people behind the Tengai Makyou Zero translation project. I thought I'd drop in here to say hi first. So, hi!

There are plenty of fan translations I've only been able to play thanks to this site. I think it's a wonderful community and a real force for good in the world.