Hi, I'm Andy. I guess you could say that I'm new to the rom hacking scene. My favorite games growing up were SNES RPGs, especially from Square and Enix. When I was kid, I wanted to work for Square! I write a lot of music, but as something of a dream fulfillment, I began working on a re-translation of Woolsey's FF3 script.
My goal with it is to make the dialogue immersive and natural. Some lines have remained intact - as a fan of Woolsey's work, I have a newfound appreciation for the work he put into his localizations. However, probably due to space, I noticed over the years that the dialogue between characters has always been stilted and one-sided. Almost as if each character were speaking to themselves, but not to each other. So, I've been working to change that - it's a labor of love, really.
Now, I've translated the game up through two and a half out of the three "the party splits up after the battle with Ultros on Lete River". But, today, I just ran into a major problem, which I'll be posting about in a moment. I just wanted to introduce myself. The work I've done so far has turned out well above my own expectations, so I hope not all is lost...