News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 711027 times)

exeguy11

• View Profile
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #680 on: April 11, 2014, 08:55:24 pm »
What's up everyone? I'm Exeguy11.

Mostly an old school gamer myself, and I got into ROM hacking (specifically GBA) after playing various Battle Network hacks and one day decided I'd like to make my own patches. That's it for me, and I'll be releasing some of my hacks on here pretty soon.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2014, 07:23:10 am »
Hello there.
What to say about me? I'm french, I'm 23 (if I recall well  :D ) and I'm more a playstation player though I play NES or GBA sometimes.
Also, I'm doing math studies.

Besides that, I'm here for the food  :cookie: :beer: :cookie:
Quote from: Unmon
This staff of mine has transformed itself into a dragon and has swallowed up the universe! Oh, where are the rivers and mountains and the great earth?

Faan Waac Mienh

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2014, 09:51:38 am »
Hello.
My name is Faan Waac Mienh, which means translator or interpreter. Yes, I intend to translate some of my favorite games into my native language (Mien, Iu Mien. Sometimes spelled 'Mienh"). Note that we do not have any game within our language, none, and because of that I am trying to increase my proficiency in Mienh so I can translate properly without sounding 1st-3rd generation. Trying to keep it as pure as possible without borrowing too many words or messing up on my grammar.
Well, I hope to translate many games, so be prepared! :D
My name means translator or interpreter, which I hope to do a lot of here. Oh, it's an Iu Mien word.

Ichiban Crush

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:51 am »
I guess I'm someone old but new.

Used to semi-lurk The Whilrpool. Did some gopher work for Video Game Museum and Lost Levels (looking back, I REALLY hated my Pescatore piece... not a fantastic game, but I failed to mentioned it had an awesome score.) Obsessed with Hebereke/Ufouria: The Saga.

Right now, I'm working on an Associate's in Game Development. I don't imagine I'll get anywhere with the actual degree, but the connection made along the way (I live in the Atlanta area and it's becoming an ideal place for indies and small game dev groups/companies.) As soon as I'm done with this semester, I'm probably going to spend some time on a GameMaker Studio project that I started prototyping during Spring Break when the standard paid edition was free. I have a brief doc if anyone's interested in it.

Learning several programming languages. Finishing up a C++ class soon. Already took Python. Plan to self-teach C# and JavaScript over the summer. Maybe Assembly someday when I have the time and patience. But I'm a writer/game designer first and foremost.

As far as romhacking goes, I've done jack. One of the major game dev company's heads advised me to consider creating mods of pre-existing games for practice. Of course he was talking about FPSes, but my head's in the 2D clouds. We'll see. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Pingurules

• MUGENite
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:26 am »
Hi everyone! I am Pingurules, and most of you if you know me know me as a MUGEN creator. But nobody much cares about me in MUGEN  :'( (or any other stuff I make)
I took an interest in ROM hacking and so I decided to come here.
First thought: Y U N FIRE EMBLEM HACKING TOOLS?!
Second thought: Wow, Earthbound hacking tools!
Third thought: There's Final Fantasy...but no Dawn of Souls, especially FFII, my favourite... buttherehastobefinalfantasy6(66)brokenunfairandboringedition
Fourth thought: Ah, who cares, there's tons of stuff here anyway, I'll sign up.
And sign up I did.  :D
Pingu rules!

Ballade

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2014, 03:18:07 am »
S'up?
I'll be posting reviews from time to time. Nice to meet y'all.

AppleDash98

• GBA Dev. :3 Need help? I'll be happy to assist!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
Hey there, I'm AppleDash, and from the username, you may be able to tell that I'm a fan of MLP: FIM.  I actually got into ROM modding by trying to make a remastered N64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Revamped mod.  Noticing that it was far to advanced for my skill level, I chose to downgrade to the Game Boy Advance (which brings me to a question, but more on that in a different thread). I'm a 15 year old (16 this Nov.) aspiring game developer hoping to go far  ;D
My Modding OS is: Windows XP x32 BIT Home Edition
My modding programs are: N64: Sharp Ocarina, Utility of Time, (and some others I can't remember right now)
                                                 GBA: HAM GBA developing IDE, and Catapult (that's along with the question, but I'll discuss that in another thread   ;) )
                                                 NES: Hyrule Magic...that's it :laugh:
~~AppleDash Approved

a1999a

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:33 am »
hi everybody I'm a1999a I am a big fan of emulation and Japanese game translation so I decided to join so I can help.

UnrealGecko

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 05, 2014, 06:42:43 am »
Hello everyone! I'm UnrealGecko from Lithuania. I wish to make a hack or two for some games, so I'm checking some level editors right now (currently the Cowabunga editor for the NES TMNT). I've made some add-ons for Unreal Tournament (an old PC FPS game) so at least I have SOME experience, lol.
Cheers! ;)

iavasechui

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 05, 2014, 04:25:20 pm »
Hi... not really sure what to write here.... working on a fire emblem hack in my off time, but mostly wanted to submit my seiken densetsu 3 hair patch that I made waaaaay back in 2009 but I'm uncertain on how to do so....  :-[

Metoroid0

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 06, 2014, 09:35:17 am »
It's a me, Mario..hello! ..Well no, actually its Metoroid0  :laugh:     But hi to all!  :angel:

People back on GBAtemp tomd me some time ago that this is the best site to be if i want to do some rom hacking, and that you guys can help me a lot. So after a while, when i got my self a PSP and 3DS..because i played all of my DS games on it, and after a while i read some topic on GBAtemp about Hacking a DS rom.
So, i tried and figured out it is not that hard..but people told me that it's a good idea to learn some programming language such as C#, C++ so i choose to start with C++.
Now i cant say that i have experience in rom haking, but i cant say that i don't ether. As i said, im learning C++ by watching some  total n00b (a want to understand everything) videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/antiRTFM (they are really good)

So after hacking some images and replacing Nintendo logo in Mario Kart DS, i decided to hack some PSP rom's. The motivation came when i saw all of those GREAT Japanese PSP games that are NOT released in US/EU/AU and also, i'm learning Japanese, and like Japanese, so i decided, why not to combine my two passions and translate all those rom's and make some Home-Brew since i noticed people have very little interested in PSP (i don't know why though...). That's about it. :)

About me.. Well, i like videogames, i played them since Sonic The hedgehog/ Mario Bros. era. By the way, Sonic, Metroid are game i love. In fact, I am a big Sonic & Metroid fan and Zelda. I really love Nintendo, and i grew up on that system. I was always interested in techinics, electronic stuff, and when i got my first PC i didnt even know what Window and mouse are xD let alone programming in C++ :P
About games..i also Enjoy Indie games much and not so Cliché games.. Oh and Tomb Raider is the bast also :3 Tomb Raider 1013 had huge impact on me, especially that scene with Lara (I don't know why everione keeps calling her LOra though.. anyway..) with Lara on that ratio tower.. EPIC! I love it!
From Metroid series i like Fusion, it's also my first Metroid game (i called it Meteorit :P ), Super metroid, Prime 2, Other M (great game also!) ........Metroid Prime hunters is abomination!!! we dont speak of it!  :banghead:

Sonic games..well.. Sonic Heroes is great, Adventure, Advance2-3, Generations 3DS, ah and god, i so much want to play Sonic '06 (don't hate me  :P)

Ok, enough about games.. i am also an Artist. I like to draw, make sculptures from clay..i am also big fan of Japanese culture over all and ye, you guessed it, i love Manga and anime  :D
So you see, because i am an Artist, i enjoy good visuals, they calm my soul (but by good visuals i don't mean infinite amount of polygons and horse power) i mean i like game that has innovations and great visuals and style, like Muramasa Deamon blade. That game is A work of art. I adore that game. But don't get me wrong, Gameplay  before visuals...but because of poor visuals and music i couldn't play Zelda on GB original (my ears..oh god) :/ So i wouldn't trow visuals in garbage and say is't not important. Balance is important to me.

Ok so..yeah... See you next mission!  :thumbsup:

Aiuchi12

• こ、こん、こんに、こんにちは!
    • View Profile
    • aiuchis' cafe
« Reply #691 on: May 07, 2014, 09:13:54 am »
そこにこんにちは!私の名前は保留に2005年以来のROMハッキングにAiuchi12であり、日本のSMWハッキング!と日本の石川県は、私に従ってください! :)
---------------------
Hi there! My name is Aiuchi12 on ROM Hacking since 2005, and Japanese SMW Hacking on the hold! and Ishikawa-ken in Japan, follow to me! :)
あいうち 2014

http://aiuchilife.fc2web.com - aiuchis' life
http://homepage2.nifty.com/aiuchi1354 - aiuchis' cafe

Word on the Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 19, 2014, 02:39:45 pm »
Greetings everyone, I go by Word on the Wind these days.

I have not done much in the way of hacking projects thus far on my own, however I do hang around AeonGen and have helped Gid with various beta tests and have contributed to the (As of this writing) still in-progress Romancing SaGa 2 translation.

A pleasure.

Mjolna

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 19, 2014, 08:46:34 pm »
Greetings to you all, I am Mjolna. I've not done any hacking myself, but a few things lingering on my mind have gotten me interested in starting. I've done a little beta testing for some unfinished games before, but none of them are of any real note.

Should be a fun time being around here.

contra

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:33 am »
I've been lurking since...forever, the Whirlpool days.
Finally decided to get an actual account since I recently started doing some romhacks again and after spending way too much time on hacking the last ninja for nes I figured I might aswell release it to the public to jusitfy the time spent.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in managing this site and all it's contributors for keeping this awesome scene alive.
Not only for giving me many hours of personal enjoyment but I strongly believe that romhacks/translation scene is one of the most important pieces to the "retro" gaming legacy.
Much love and many thanks!

strad

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 09, 2014, 05:50:08 am »
Hi all! I'm new here, but I'm trying to  translate Romance of The three kingdoms XI + PUK!

Hope to fine someone to help me!

Hemlock

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 09, 2014, 09:31:25 am »
Hello, my name is Hemlock. I balance between old-school gaming and modern gaming. I have been using this site for years to download ips files for translations and hacks, but I have never bothered to register for the forums.

PureSilver

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 09, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »
I am PureSilver, As the name states I have a fondness for Silver. Its how I am.
As an obvious Point I'm Here to find interesting retro games and take them apart to see how they work. I enjoy to Play retro games as well as search for hacks to play.

Thats my purpose here and thats all I can think to say to say, and I'd Like to add that I may have a Project that I'm Very close to finishing!
I'm fine with everything that happens thats why I'm Silver

Yoshimaster96

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »
Hello everyone, Yoshimaster96 here. I am a moderately experienced hacker who is currently working on Super Monkey Ball (yes, the GameCube one). I have gotten very far, and I would like to make custom levels possible some day.

krat0s

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »
Hi ther!  :)
Another Romhacking site fan  :woot!:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:06:00 am by krat0s »