11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Introduction Topic

Started by Nightcrawler, December 30, 2005, 08:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi QuestMaster

Quote from: RedComet on July 08, 2007, 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: Rachel on July 08, 2007, 01:10:15 PM
I've got an excellent book called 6502 Assembly Language Programming and lots and lots of .txt files and demo source codes.

The one by Rodney Zaks (think I spelled that right)? That's the one I started out with and I can say with some confidence that I learned more from it than any of the text files floating around. :-\
The one I have is from Rodney Zaks.

Yatsuha

Sup

Figured I'd finally start lurking here :3

DarknessSavior

Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Garoth Moulinoski

Quote from: Yatsuha on August 03, 2007, 04:27:49 PM
Sup

Hiya! Nice avatar! :3
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Yatsuha

Quote from: Garoth Moulinoski on August 03, 2007, 04:41:42 PM
Quote from: Yatsuha on August 03, 2007, 04:27:49 PM
Sup

Hiya! Nice avatar! :3

Haman Khan made watching Zeta Gundam even more bearable after certain events...

potato

Hi
My name's David
I'm a Computer Science/Information Science major
I'm mostly into web development and software programming. I do those for moneys ;D
I'm really going towards biotechnology as a career, though

I've been following the scene since I was in middle school, and I used to do graphics hacks
I stopped watching the rom hacking scene when I finished high school, but now I'm back
Right now I'm working on a translation of Legend of the River King for the NES

I also stalk the FreeBasic and DS homebrew scenes
My other hobbies include drawing and pixel art, game programming, skateboarding, and tennis
Dammit potato!

ElefantRider

Hey, I'm ElefantRider...I do flash a lot and play a lot of video games and was always wanting to try a little rom hacking...im reading up on it on this site and figured i may as well join the forums..on a side note i play lacrosse and skateboard..lol incase anyone cares..

RedComet

Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Panzer88

Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Jimmy52905

Hello everyone my name is Jimmy52905. I started ROM Hacking a couple of months ago. I'm currently working on 2 ROM Hacks which are both very near completion. I just need to test them. That's pretty much all I have to say.

OAD Man

Hi! I´m a newbie. I´m from Argentina and I´m interested in making English to Spanish translations of the games. I am working on Earthbound Zero right now, it´s my first project.

Special T

Quote from: Jimmy52905 on August 27, 2007, 09:35:07 PM
Hello everyone my name is Jimmy52905. I started ROM Hacking a couple of months ago. I'm currently working on 2 ROM Hacks which are both very near completion. I just need to test them. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Quote from: OAD Man on September 11, 2007, 09:36:28 PM
Hi! I´m a newbie. I´m from Argentina and I´m interested in making English to Spanish translations of the games. I am working on Earthbound Zero right now, it´s my first project.

Welcome to RH.net!!!

Dracula

I'm Dracula and I'm doing RAM hacking for most systems.

you

I'm you, I'm new to rom hacking.  Where should I go if I want to learn how to decompress graphics, or learn how to program games?

hippiejake

The documents section, on the left. Find your system [or if you're lucky, your game], and start reading. Welcome :)
No single document will tell you how to decompress graphics. A rather broad [but very reliable] explanation is wait for the game to write to the VRAM you're looking at, and trace it.

RedComet

Quote from: hippiejake on September 22, 2007, 09:06:20 PM
No single document will tell you how to decompress graphics. A rather broad [but very reliable] explanation is wait for the game to write to the VRAM you're looking at, and trace it.

Wow. Good job Jake. :thumbsup:

Kajy

I am Kajy, completely new to the rom hacking world... maybe I end up learning something...
P.S.: I like boktai and rockman... specially the Rockman Zero/ZX series... >_>
P.P.S.: Just 'cause I am a furry, that doesn't means that I like Yaoi/Yuri/Yff or Hentai... I hate them all >__>;

RedComet

Why do furries feel the need to inform everyone else that they are furries? I mean, if it comes up in conversation (which happens to me ALL THE TIME ::))  fine, but going out of your way to? I just don't get that.

Also, welcome. :)

Panzer88

the way I figure it, his avatar speaks for itself and he just doesn't want people to associate him with those SPECIAL ones.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

SatsuiNoHadou

hi, I'm SatsuiNoHadou! i'm half-Japanese, and 1/2 New Zealander. I'm kinda new at any ROM hacking types, except SMB hacking, which I'm pretty familiar with. That's why the only thing you should expect from me would be SMB hacks.  :P

by the way, do you need to have your own website to submit ROM hacks?

OFF TOPIC:
Quotethe way I figure it, his avatar speaks for itself and he just doesn't want people to associate him with those SPECIAL ones.
Agreed.