News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sega Saturn Castlevania Symphony of th Night Translation.  (Read 69563 times)

draculax350

• View Profile
Re: Sega Saturn Castlevania Symphony of th Night Translation.
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 09:14:41 pm »
Yes, I have translated all Dialogs, but I want to remove the half transparency to make the dialogs more visible.
Now I'm translating the Itens and working in decompression of graphics, I was working on English pacth too but now I'll leave it in your hands.
Contact me, so we can help each other.

spyblack

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2018, 09:26:34 am »
@Aterbust

What a allsome progress on your romhack, me and a partner are undertaking a translation to portugueses, but we need to find the text routine to develop a funciontal vwf on Sega Saturn, this a big problem to be win. After that start to working a compress tool for images.
If you want to talk about this, change some ideas, feel free... We are at the point of functional tool to extract script and reinsert, reallocate pointers and move the text to another part of file, with more space.

pirate_sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2018, 01:36:01 am »
I suppose it's a good idea that the next guy who makes a tool for editing/decompressing the game's files also adds a doc to the site explaining what he learned about the file formats, like nyxojaele did when he released SNEER.

Harlemhero

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2018, 09:30:13 am »
is there a place where we can follow the translation progress?

I was wondering the same thing actually.

spyblack

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018, 01:07:24 pm »
I suppose it's a good idea that the next guy who makes a tool for editing/decompressing the game's files also adds a doc to the site explaining what he learned about the file formats, like nyxojaele did when he released SNEER.
This will not happens my friend, if the PSX tools wont be explained, for saturn i doubt that anything different happens, a really shame.

Aterbust

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2019, 08:46:14 am »
Hello, I found a new code in the file:
Complete the game once, then in a new game write as name: GTI-CLUB
You will start the game with 250000 gold

The code refers to the arcade game of the same name.

FeRcHuLeS

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:04 am »
Ohhhhh, so you've discovered that after more than 20 years, Absolutely Fantastic...!!!, Btw how is the project going until now, the work you've done so far is great. My favourite version of SOTN will be translated to english at last, thumbs up.

edgardeitor

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2019, 01:25:52 am »
Hi! I registered here because I'm interested in this project. Is there a way to help you? Where do we can follow the progress of this? Thanks in advance and congrats for the work you've done so far!

dat1niceguy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2019, 02:44:38 am »
Hey everyone, big fan of what all of you are doing. I'm currently learning about modifying little things for games I love a lot. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change the text for Maria and Richter's name on the top left of the screen when you play either characters. I've spent days trying to figure it out. I did figure out how to increase/decrease my heart/health/magic/strength/con/int/luck to whatever value I wish. But I just can't figure out how to change the text on the top left for their names. Any help on where to start is appreciated!

draculax350

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2020, 10:27:53 pm »
I need to know if the project is still in progress, I have a particular interest in this project, I have already finished the Portuguese translation, with the exception of the main menu which is compressed.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2020, 08:27:19 am »
It's about time! Wanted this in English forever ago. Too bad you cant port it to PSX for smoother running, graphics, and audio... However if a better Saturn emulator were made... For PC, PSP, Mac, Linux, Android, etc... ;)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2020, 01:01:30 pm »
Wow, this in english would be awesome. I kinda quit trying to collect everything cause I can't understand the beastiary.

Aterbust

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2020, 06:59:06 am »
Hello all. It's been a while since I gave a sign of life. The translation is still in progress and is progressing well.

I found a text for an unused relic :

縮地のブーツ  (Shukuchi no buutsu)   
宗次郎愛用のブーツ 目にも写らねぇ速さ

Which I translated by :
Shrink Boots
Favorite boots of Mr. Sojiro. It's too fast to be seen.

"Shukuchi" is a Japanese-language term for various techniques of rapid movement. The characters in the word can be rendered literally as "shrink earth method", referring to the way the technique reduces the spatial distance between opponents.   Shukuchi is the Japanese word for the power of teleportation.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shukuchi

Darkguardian

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2020, 08:35:13 am »
I encourage you guys!  I am eagerly following you, I hope and I hope you get it and we can see the game translated, many cheers and thanks!

mirage548

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2020, 10:43:32 am »
hi, there is any pre-release of this patch to test?

pd; i know this dont belong to the theme of the post, but would by any hard type mode for this version (no idea  if there are tools for sega saturn games)

Wolfgang Krauser

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2020, 06:31:29 pm »
pls!!! any news about this translation??? pre release, something!!! pls!!!  :)

GhaleonUnlimited

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2020, 01:36:01 pm »
I PM'd the Portuguese team and Aterbust about working off of the 4MB hack for an EN translation.

I hope to hear from someone and see where progress is, and help where I can.

Just posting here in case anyone else sees it and has news, progress, or knows how better to get ahold of the main hackers :)

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2020, 04:31:21 pm »
I'm not entirely sure that 4MB RAM cart hack actually works as intended on hardware. The same thing has been basically been done with Vandal Hearts and there doesn't really seem to be a noticeable affect on Mednafen while Yabause shows decreased load times. It really needs to be tested on hardware for a definitive answer.

TrekkiesUnite118

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2020, 06:40:24 pm »
I'm not entirely sure that 4MB RAM cart hack actually works as intended on hardware. The same thing has been basically been done with Vandal Hearts and there doesn't really seem to be a noticeable affect on Mednafen while Yabause shows decreased load times. It really needs to be tested on hardware for a definitive answer.

It only impacts how fast the menu loads. Load times between areas are about the same if not worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibFbdXWnpY

kof888

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2020, 06:23:12 am »
Load times between areas are about the same if not worse:

Let me talk about the key points of the ss version hack
1 Speed up menu opening
2 The speed of looking at the map is increased, and shortcut keys are added
3 Use the portal or go to the library to speed up (no need to read files)
4 Game over read speed up (only need to re-read the stage file)
5 game over, restart the game and the reading speed is accelerated (only need to re-read the level file)
6 After a soft reset ((a+b+c+start)*1 or *2), restarting the game will speed up the reading (only need to re-read the level file)

7 Character fluency (the original game uses lzss to compress every action frame, and lzss needs to be initialized before starting to decompress, and the hack version directly uses the original data to speed up the reading speed)

btw, the way ss is read in this game is not the same as ps. ps is read in a room, and ss is read in the entire stage, and it is read at a time, so it is slower than ps
The hacked version of the ss only compresses the stage file and does not put it in the accelerator card (4m is too small), so the reading speed is only slightly improved, or it is not as good as the ps version.

Remember to add

ps: Open menu limit test is to open the menu in the stage scene with plot
, ALUCARD both hands are equipped with different knives or swords, and summons an angel
You can check this article for details

bbs.chinaemu.org/read-htm-tid-128696.html

Load times between areas are about the same if not worse

Because the file is compressed, although it becomes smaller, it needs to be decompressed, but the ss cpu is too slow, so the decompression process is 2 seconds slower than the CD reading

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:28:58 am by kof888 »