News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 on DS (A BIT OF HELP WANTED)  (Read 7203 times)

Jack-of-All Games

• Yup. I'm a video game geek.
    • View Profile
    • Jack-of-All Games
New Super Mario Bros 2 on DS (A BIT OF HELP WANTED)
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:28:17 pm »
Mentlegen, I hereby present to you a hack I've started on this month - New Super Mario Bros 2 for DS

Really, it's a level hack of NSMB1 in which all 6 of the main worlds of NSMB2 will be implemented into...NSMB1.
So far, more than half the first world has been implemented into the game. The demo I have created is an up-to-date build containing the finished levels.

Here's a (camera-recorded, apparently) video of the hack in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZWcQvj9Fss

And here's a link to the demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?woicwusxd6swo92

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:11:34 pm by Jack-of-All Games »

Celice

• View Profile
Re: New Super Mario Bros 2 on DS (demo link included)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:49:04 pm »
I just wanna say, that I really appreciate mods like these, as they let those of us who don't have the newer consoles to experience the new levels, with almost no real difference in gameplay. I've actually been sniffing around to see if any WiiU levels have been ported back to the Wii version.

Jack-of-All Games

• View Profile
    • Jack-of-All Games
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:43 pm »
I just wanna say, that I really appreciate mods like these, as they let those of us who don't have the newer consoles to experience the new levels, with almost no real difference in gameplay. I've actually been sniffing around to see if any WiiU levels have been ported back to the Wii version.
Unfortunately, I have a feeling that unlike the handheld installments, NSMBU to Wii would probably be already much harder to mimic.

Yeah, it is nice to bring a new game to a slightly older platform if given the opportunity. With NSMB2's levels using the same stuff as NSMB1's (for the most part), I just HAD to get this started. :)

granz

• View Profile
    • granz' corner
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:52:30 pm »
This sounds like a really cool idea, but I'm wondering how you'll address the issue of bringing NSMB2 native objects to NSMB1, unless this is a purely vanilla hack. As far as I know, there are quite a few new objects found in NSMB2's levels.

On a related note, could you provide IPS patches of progress updates? We aren't allowed to distribute full ROM images here at RHDN for legal reasons. The ROM you posted earlier was removed by a moderator. :-[
I'm no longer active on RHDN, but I keep coming back to troll, whee!

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:57:08 pm »
IPS wouldn't really work in this instance. He'd have to use xdelta.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

Jack-of-All Games

• View Profile
    • Jack-of-All Games
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:37 pm »
This sounds like a really cool idea, but I'm wondering how you'll address the issue of bringing NSMB2 native objects to NSMB1, unless this is a purely vanilla hack. As far as I know, there are quite a few new objects found in NSMB2's levels.

On a related note, could you provide IPS patches of progress updates? We aren't allowed to distribute full ROM images here at RHDN for legal reasons. The ROM you posted earlier was removed by a moderator. :-[

Not all hope is lost! It looks like there's an Export Patch feature in the editor I'm using. I'll get around to it soon.

And no, I'm not intending on bringing the native objects of NSMB2 to NSMB1. Just the levels only. While NSMB2 does have some things, it doesn't really offer enough to make it stand away from NSMB1's mechanics as NSMB Wii or U does.

January 28, 2013, 10:07:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?woicwusxd6swo92 Here's your patch!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:07:11 pm by Jack-of-All Games »

Jack-of-All Games

• View Profile
    • Jack-of-All Games
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:05:02 pm »
Bump....? (Yeah it's a bump)

Jack-of-All Games

• View Profile
    • Jack-of-All Games
HELP WANTED
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »
I need a person or two to....

-Do the water levels
-Do World 1-A or at least fix my attempt at it.

Jack-of-All Games

• View Profile
    • Jack-of-All Games
Re: HELP WANTED
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »
I need a person or two to....

-Do the water levels
-Do World 1-A or at least fix my attempt at it.

...........Anyone willing to do this?