News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 English Translation  (Read 33524 times)

Zoel

• View Profile
    • AKA Zoelius on Gamefaqs.
Re: Heroine Anthem 2 English Translation
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »
And I am bumping this thread, and a new patch. You can say the game is 20% to 25% translated depending how you look at it. You can finished about 80 to 85% of the first chapter of the game, it just need about 9 more areas translated and then the first chapter is completely translated.
http://www.2shared.com/file/EQpbV2qR/HA_Translation020.html

The biggest change with the new patch, is I have translated about 70% of the items and about 3% of the item description. Some of the item description are worded very awkward cause I don't know how many characters I can input, so I been playing it safe, but it seems to have no issues so far.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:48:21 am by Zoel »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2013, 11:29:18 pm »
Looks great, keep at it!

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 02:02:56 pm »
Looks great, keep at it!

Indeed! It looks great!
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 05:07:50 am »
Well I have finally talk to D and learn many new things about working on Heroine Anthem, but bad news is, Heroine Anthem 2 will have some minor translation bits that will never be translated unless there is someone that knows how to modified the game, these bits is like the word Obtained when you pick up an item from the treasure chest, and the defintion of the runestone. It all because the data containting these words are stored in the exe, and the exe in the 2nd game is encrypted. The first game however won't suffer from this issue.

Anyways willing to take some feedback, I am taking a detour and end up editing the command list for the first game

->

I hope it looks right or at least reasonable. If there is someone that can design a better looking command list, please let me know. All you need to do is edit bitmaps.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:21:45 pm by Zoel »

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 04:57:10 am »
I think it looks okay, but if you'd want to keep it more to the original maybe making it bold and a light gray might be a good idea.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »
Yeah, so I agree with Templar here.  It's not that the font is bad or unreadable (it is undoubtedly both readable and good), but it does have a certain lack of dynamism.  Adding shadows or something else that makes it look a bit more like the original seems like a fine idea.  That said, don't stress yourself over it too much (believe me when I say that NO ONE will complain about this once they play the game).

Karmapowered

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 09:14:15 pm »
Hello,

I registered to this site because I feel excstatic reading that someone decided to resume the translation of these fine games after Derek's past efforts.
(Mod edit: removing link to site unreadable without registration)

I want to express you my gratitude and send you my best wishes of success. I really look forward to play these games with your translations.

Also thank you to Talbain for offering to host the translation in the future.

Please keep us updated (no pressure however, please).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:27:32 pm by KingMike »

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2013, 02:56:35 am »
I like the new look more personally, it doesn't clash at all, and it pops out making it easier to read. I'd say it looks more like the modern aesthetic used in console games of today meant to be displayed on HD televisions, and I really like it. My only gripe is I overlapping with the T in items, but it's certainly not gonna hinder gameplay.

As Templer and Talbain said, if you want to stick to the tradtional setup you can make it light gray.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2013, 03:34:40 am »
Yeah, I actually change the graphic command text about roughly the same day I uploaded that image.  The new image looks something like this,

It got the gray text and when you highlight the command, the text becomes white. Its kind of hard to see but you definetly can see it if you pay attention to it.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »
I like it, and it is pretty clear.  Keep up the good work man!  This is fantastic!

And again, yeah, I don't mind hosting the translation into perpetuity.  My site is all about preservation, so I've always been really interested in translations as a methodology for sharing artistic endeavors with a greater audience.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 03:07:05 am »
Anyways after a long while, I have added two patches. Now I'm going to change the topic of this post, because now I've finally made a patch for the first Heroine Anthem game.

http://www.2shared.com/file/FP7R6blE/Heroine_Anthem.html

Translates about 101/205 files of the game. A rough progress before its like 33% of the game for all the content translated, but more like some areas at the beginning and some areas at the other chapter.  The Original Heroine Anthem only has two chapters.

And also a minor update progress for Heroine Anthem 2, the patch for the original Heroine Anthem made progress for HA2 very slow.

http://www.2shared.com/file/m0nVE2lN/HA_Translation022.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:54:17 am by Zoel »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
Re: Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 English Translation
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 08:00:23 pm »
Holy god, you are a machine!  This is so fantastic!

Gahh.  Getting giddy, I might be able to play these in English!

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2014, 03:25:17 am »
Hey Zoel, just wanted to know if there has been any progress with this game recently?

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 03:47:14 pm »
Hey Zoel, just wanted to know if there has been any progress with this game recently?

Very little actually, I have been super busy with work. My dad opened a family business shortly after the last update I made and pretty much made little to no progress after that. But I still somehow manage to finish a Bravely Default guide on gamefaqs in these past weeks. Anyway if there are Chinese translators out there that is willing to help I think  I can put some real work on to this. I mean based on the last update, Heroine Anthem 2 intro chapter was pretty much finished just missing 3 scenes, and the original Heroine Anthem is very short and only about 25% length of Heroine Anthem 2.

Suffy

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 02:04:41 pm »
I've been keeping an eye on this and appreciate any help on these as it is.
Only thing I might suggest is focus on HA1 more unless you are juggling between road blocks on both games.

If you can get one of these more playable I think it could garner more attention as most people assumed this was never going to happen now and aren't even aware of the patch that is currently out now.

Comradehx

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2014, 04:43:35 am »
I'm Chinese; I can translate.

How much translation work is left?

kya

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2014, 07:35:40 am »
Today I've google-translated the rest 75% of dialogs. The result is available here:

https://yadi.sk/d/ZbKqH8pZbzn6j?ncrnd=3454

The quality of machine translation is.....well ....as expected.
I have provided files with names and dialogs from the game in a plain text format,
in case someone is willing to improve the translation.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:20:09 am by kya »

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2016, 06:08:44 am »
Project is still in a hiatus. Unless a translator wants to come in to work with me.

Anyways I'm bumping this thread because of the upcoming prequel releasing near the end of this year. According to the official website, they're remaking the two games as well (Which apparently includes redubbing the entire game in mandarin (The original had characters speaking a gibberish language)

An example of the voice clip.
https://www.facebook.com/ha.windthunder/videos/496487517162798/

and have even composed the main theme for the 3rd game if they do make that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYC8OQtEiSY

Official box art of the Prequel.

Official Site. Also might be a steam version as well. Said the game has Chinese and Japanese audio, not 100% sure if this is true or not, but there was a thank you message dubbed in Japanese from one of the characters.

http://www.heroineanthem.com/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:43:59 am by Zoel »

Lentfilms

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2016, 08:26:55 am »
Thanks for sharing this news, I had heard that Winking was making some kind of sequel or continuation to Heroine Anthem but I had not seen these recent developments. I was looking through the pre-order site for Heroine Anthem Zero that is linked to on the official site and it does indeed say it will have a Japanese dub (according to what I can make out through Google translate). Surprisingly the site also says there will "English subtitles," which is pretty cool if that means we'll be able to play the whole game in English.

SteveMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2016, 08:07:33 am »
Wow, so it's finally happening! I never thought the third one in the series would ever come out.

FYI, that gibberish language in the first two games of the series was actually Japanese audio that was reversed. Always suspected they may have just stolen audio from some anime and used it thinking no one would notice  :laugh:

I believe I tried to tackle this script a second time, but real life got in the way as usual. Hopefully the games are in English someday.
Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation