News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 English Translation  (Read 33523 times)

Zoel

• View Profile
    • AKA Zoelius on Gamefaqs.
Re: Heroine Anthem 2 English Translation
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »
Updating this again. Patch is going to take a little detour, I decided to translate the first game as well, because while I was looking at the script file for the first game, it is so small, like literally its only like a Quarter of Heroine Anthem 2's script. So I am going to work on both.

Now I have also included a new patch for Heroine Anthem 2. This patch is like 3x the size of the previous patch, but now it includes the fonts use from D's original patch, and a modified exe to skip the Starforce, but it still requires your game disk to play.

Just to show you what D's font look like.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 03:23:09 am »
Very very nice :)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 04:53:24 pm »
Looks great!

Nagi Streetfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 12:00:57 am »
I was surprised to see someone is working on this project! :D
thanks anyway, I think it's a cool game, it has also enemies that exists in the real world.
But what kind of RPG is this?! Turn-based, strategy? Or the mixture of them?
I'm really looking for this one in english. Please, do a fine translation!
Have a good work!
Final Fantasy (Square, 1987-2001)

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 12:56:42 am »
I was surprised to see someone is working on this project! :D
thanks anyway, I think it's a cool game, it has also enemies that exists in the real world.
But what kind of RPG is this?! Turn-based, strategy? Or the mixture of them?
I'm really looking for this one in english. Please, do a fine translation!
Have a good work!

Its a turn based RPG, I can't really think of a game that is like an exact clone of it.  Maybe like Grandia's battle system with a mixed with a 3x3 grid system and with Valkyrie Profile style graphics? Thats probably the best way to describe it for me.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 02:37:30 am »

Its a turn based RPG, I can't really think of a game that is like an exact clone of it.  Maybe like Grandia's battle system with a mixed with a 3x3 grid system and with Valkyrie Profile style graphics? Thats probably the best way to describe it for me.
Yeah, this sounds about right.  Though there was considerably more 3D in Valkyrie Profile than there is in Heroine Anthem.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 04:58:37 am »
I am adding another patch version, its very minor change with some new areas translated but it more script revision for some of the areas.

I hope people don't mind this change I am doing in the translation. This part that I am changing goes like this,  the NPC literally points you to the wrong place in the original translation. The NPC tells you to go to a lake, but you're actually suppose to go to a Mine, so I change the context to the mine, and I hope the purist won't kill me for it.

And here are some of the Character names with official spelling that is very engrish, so I am changing them.

Protagonist Sister name is spelled as "Life" to "Liv"

Girl named "Lither" to "Lithel"

Nagi if you want to know what the game looks like, you can take a look at the official trailer back from couple years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lczjJlgHUw
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:26:47 am by Zoel »

Nagi Streetfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 10:31:28 am »
Nagi if you want to know what the game looks like, you can take a look at the official trailer back from couple years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lczjJlgHUw
I shared it on Facebook, and there are people who are looking forward to have the english translation! Maybe more will be interrested in romhacking page, too! :)

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 07:14:48 pm »
I am going to post a new youtube video, to display what the current patch is capable of. Its a pretty long video, and the patch goes a little further then that.
But for those that don't have a copy or are just waiting. here a video for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIK3cGpRW7I&feature=youtu.be

Nagi Streetfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 12:35:07 am »
I am going to post a new youtube video, to display what the current patch is capable of. Its a pretty long video, and the patch goes a little further then that.
But for those that don't have a copy or are just waiting. here a video for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIK3cGpRW7I&feature=youtu.be
Very nice work, friend!
For about how many percent have You translated yet?
I mean that how much time have You played? That reminds me the following:
Is there a time counter building in the game?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:33:49 pm by Nagi Streetfighter »

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 01:07:35 am »
Very nice work, friend!
For about how many percent have You translated yet?
I mean that how much time have You played? That reminds me the following:
Is there a time counter building in the game?

Well if you count by every script size, I think its about 17% under the latest patch.
Alot, you probably end up spending so much time replaying the same area like ten times, because of
bugs or maybe something didn't look right. Its way more time consunming then playing the game.
And yes there is a time counter build in the game.

Anyways new patch, I called version 015. Added 35 more completed translated files, although they're not in chronicle order,
I did managed to finished the 2nd largest file, and that area will connect the translation much better.

http://www.2shared.com/file/qBhfhysb/HA_Translation015.html

Screenshot of that particular area.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:07:29 am by Zoel »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 02:23:52 am »
Great work, though the link you shared took me to a registration, rather than a file.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 03:07:51 am »
 That last link was left on my login page, sorry about that, its all fixed now.

March 23, 2013, 05:22:11 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Adding in a new patch. This patch is very minor, just fixes a few typos and added a full translation to a few new areas.

http://www.2shared.com/file/oLwh05IC/HA_Translation015B.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:22:11 am by Zoel »

Nagi Streetfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 12:51:59 am »
I just can't wait to try the game!
Do you work a lot on this translation?
Have You other projects, too?
What kind of genre do You prefer and which is Your favorite game? :)

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 04:10:14 am »
I just can't wait to try the game!
Do you work a lot on this translation?
Have You other projects, too?
What kind of genre do You prefer and which is Your favorite game? :)

I can't say I work alot on this translation,  progress is slow but its coming and its all a 1 man show right now, I just work on it on my spare time. Each day I try to get a file done or so as my goal. If people like to help out, please PM me.

And no I haven't worked on any other project, this is probably my very first project and my only project, I don't know anything about romhacking to start a project. Everything here is made with the tools left by D. 

As for I what I like playing, I would say I like all kinds of games, the only kinds I don't really play much is FPS. I just don't like them thats all. But I usually like playing fighting games and RPGs. And I have made a few faqs on RPG games that I really like, the most recent one is Persona 4 Golden on Vita and Bravely Default on the 3ds.
You can check out my gamefaqs link, for some other faqs that I might be working on.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Zoel/contributions/faqs

Anyways another progress video, I been experimenting on getting the in game movies subbed. The whole thing is a learning experenice for me, since its pretty much the first time I have to do the encoding and subbing. The in game movies is also encoded in bink codec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBEokKYWiUg&feature=youtu.be

For those users that don't want to see the video, here's a screenshot on what it looks like right now.

There is one question, I would like to ask RHDB, when the whole project is finished. What's the biggest size of a patch file would they host? For example if I want to submit a patch for it. The patch file is probably going to be like 200 megabytes to have all the subbed movie added to the patch. Or Should I just skipped the movie scenes?

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 05:25:45 am »
Don't skip the movie scenes.  I'll host the patch if RHDN won't.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 01:21:31 pm »
200 megabytes is definitely over RHDN's limit.
I think it might be 30MB. (confirming: the Submit Translations page says to click the "No file" checkbox above that size).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:45 pm »
Zoel, PM me when the translation gets closer to being finished and I'll host the full translation.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »
Technically this would require a programmer, but if you want to reduce the patch size for subbing the videos, I would recommend trying to find someone who could add soft subs the videos instead of having to reencode them.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 03:47:41 am »
No new patch. I still haven't gotten a hold of D,  but I did find a way to edit the item and spells names. But unless I find a programmer there is no way this can look good.  I am basically just using a hex editor and overwrite the names. For each chinese character I can input 2 english letters.

The spell names are restricted exactly 6 letters. So its impossible to come up with decent names for techinque names. With Chinese you can literally write Divine Slash with exactly 3 letters, or the Word Dragon with just 1.  So its gonna look messy. I am taking suggestions.

Then there is also a problem with item description. The way I wrote it, I added some spacing to it so it will add another line. It looks fine in the menus.

Then if I go to a shopkeeper, because it has a different spacing, it looks messed up for the item description.