News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 English Translation  (Read 33522 times)

Zoel

• View Profile
    • AKA Zoelius on Gamefaqs.
Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 English Translation
« on: January 26, 2013, 05:56:26 pm »
I remember back in 2006 D AKA Derrick Sobodash worked on Heroine Anthem and eventually gave up
due to problems it cause for his computer.

But you know after so many years with no english translation available, I think I try to continue what he
left behind. So far I did a few tests using the tools he left behind, good thing they still can be found
this site or else I would have nothing to show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EFsKreDU3PM

Video number 2 Shows early areas of the game and the current state of the patch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIK3cGpRW7I&feature=youtu.be

The script is all dump, but its unorganized and hard to make out which is which in chronicle order. So
I am mostly translating parts at random. If everyone that wants to help out feel free to join.

Heroine Anthem I Progress

Finished 101/205 Files

The ripped script including the programming script is 346 KB, and 82Kb of that is translated so far.

To download current patch.

http://www.2shared.com/file/FP7R6blE/Heroine_Anthem.html

Heroine Anthem II Progress

*As of May 10
Current Progress
There are some areas in the game that have multiple script files. As of current progress right now

Script 1: 214/444 Files
Script 2: 17/50 Files
Script 3: 2/15 Files

The ripped script size is exactly 1 megabyte with the programming script included.
As of now exactly 288KB is translated out of the 1 megabyte.

To download the current progress, download it from here.

http://www.2shared.com/file/m0nVE2lN/HA_Translation022.html

Patch is now version 0.22,

Screenshots

Heroine Anthem

Heroine Anthem II
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:00:02 am by Zoel »

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Heroine Anthem 2 English Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:35:38 am »
That game is so beautiful. Far better looking than most of the 3D stuff we have today. There is no substitute for hand drawn art. I wish you well on your translation.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:36:48 am »
I really wish I could help with this, but I don't know a lick of Chinese.  I'll try and edit any English files though, if you feel it would help.

edit: In order to assist with editing (again, if you want help with it), could you post just the .txt files you've already translated?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:45:57 am by Talbain »

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 03:15:04 pm »
Someone was actually working on translating this or maybe it was the first game, but he lost everything in a HD crash. Btw, the tools work with the first game as well.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 06:16:43 pm »
@Penny

Yes everything is using the same translation tools left from the previous translation. So I am kind of limited to whatever
to those tools can do.

Anyways here is the finished files.
http://www.2shared.com/file/NOdnoLgt/Finish.html

And here are the incomplete files or partially translated.
http://www.2shared.com/file/KJFClyAc/Incomplete.html

Its kind of hard to work on these files when they don't go in chronicle order from the events making it difficult to understand the context.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:37:45 am »
Pretty much the same for Magna Carta.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:36:11 am »
I just want to bump this thread, cause I added a new patch that translate more text.

But I stumble to a little block and I want to get it fix, but I can't get a hold of D.

For example there's an area that has 2 scripts files for that one area, if I translate the first file then there will be a bug and the game will crash also that area will be left untranslated. Leaving the first file unmodifed and If i translate with file 2, the area will be translated, but after going to the next event scene and everything and going back it will go back to loading file 1. So I wonder how do I modified file 1 without bugs.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:52:58 am »
Try asking here? http://www.elsallia.com/bbs/  He posts infrequently, but I do know he comes by every now and then.  You can also PM Moon Knight there, who still has regular contact with him.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 02:32:02 am »
Look awesome game for RPG.  It finish in part 1 for English or not yet?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:53 am »
Part 1 has not been finished. I just skip to the 2nd game because the 2nd game is much better.

I probably will go back finishing the first game after Heroine Anthem 2 is finish. Because the first game is very short compare to the 2nd one. The length of the first game is only like like 20% of the 2nd game.

SteveMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 03:56:38 pm »
I once was working on this game, hoping to do a surprise release. Translated a ton of the scripts, though I never kept count so I don't really know how much I had done. It all ended up lost in an HD reformat, so it's long gone now :/ Never felt like getting to it again.

Second is definitely better than the first. I can't believe how short the first one is. I never figured out if those tools could be used on the first game, though.

Good luck!
Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 03:36:23 am »
I have just updated the patch with another version.

I have fixed the problem I have previously encountered, but I still haven't heard anything from D yet. Now I just wondering how to modify the item and attack names, since none of the script files has them.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 06:08:31 am »
I am going to bump this thread with a new version of the patch.

Currently I managed to translate all the dialouge lines with the first village. Just needs a few extra areas done and you can pretty much play through the prolouge chapter and knowing what to do. And  I have even played through and test the areas to see if its bug free.

So as of the now current progress is exactly 10% done.

I tihink at the current pace this translation is going on, I think it will probably be finish by next year.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »
Thanks for the progress report Zoel!  Super excited to see this!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 05:13:19 pm »
Just curious, but I recall D saying something along the lines that because this game uses that Starforce protection shit, this game can't be played on a laptop. 1 seemed to be fine, but 2 was a different story I recall. I owned both games at one point, but I don't think I ever installed 2.

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 11:11:17 pm »
Actually I play the 2nd game on a laptop, I am not sure what kind of things the Starforce DRM do, but It sure killed D's computer. Anyways nowadays, when I  play the game, Since I already have the game installed, I have used a software called Starforce Nightmare to removed the Starforce DRM, cause apparently even when you uninstall game, the DRM is still left behind in your computer causing problems, or so I heard.

But now, I play the game with a modified exe made by people that allows you play the game without going through all the DRM crap. You just need to copy all of the contents of the game disk to the install folder to run.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 03:13:54 am »
Just curious, but I recall D saying something along the lines that because this game uses that Starforce protection shit, this game can't be played on a laptop. 1 seemed to be fine, but 2 was a different story I recall. I owned both games at one point, but I don't think I ever installed 2.
As Zoel has said, this has been overcome by a custom exe.  But yeah, Starforce is basically like installing a virus onto your computer.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 07:08:01 am »
IIRC, Starforce was made by Russian crackers who went legit.

So yeah, it's a nasty piece of work.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Zoel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 03:38:29 am »

While I was digging for some old information, I have actually got a full Magic Guide summary posted on the mirrormoon forums from a long time ago. When I was still in Jr. High School.  Mostly because Gamefaqs rejected the guide due to the lack of information. And also another story of how Heroine Anthem 2 screwed D's computer.

http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 05:25:33 pm »
While I was digging for some old information, I have actually got a full Magic Guide summary posted on the mirrormoon forums from a long time ago. When I was still in Jr. High School.  Mostly because Gamefaqs rejected the guide due to the lack of information. And also another story of how Heroine Anthem 2 screwed D's computer.

http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120
Yeah, I had similar problems, though not with the PC not booting, just with certain programs or other things crashing the system which normally worked fine before the evil mothership that is Starforce was installed.  Again, as far as I know it's pretty much the equivalent of installing malware onto your computer.  Without the Starforce crack, it's unlikely that it's safe to install those old Starforce games.