News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon Trading Card Game 2 Hacks  (Read 20049 times)

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
Re: Missingno. in the Pokemon Trading Card Game 2
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:56 pm »
Ah, I see you specified their respective games before but I didn't notice. A long time ago I made a simple editor for the original tcg, so maybe I'll do the same for its card-pop only cards if I find the time.

I'm not going to add more new cards right now until I decide where I'm going with this. Ancient Mew would be a possibility, but Birthday Pikachu? How would it know if it was your birthday? I could just imagine a prompt whenever you attack saying, "Is today your birthday?" :P
I'd say instead of "If it's not your birthday, this attack does 30 damage. If it is your birthday, flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 50 more damage; if tails, this attack does 30 damage." have it be "Flip 2 coins. If both are heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 50 more damage; if either is tails, this attack does 30 damage.", alternatively you could just have it be a flat 30 for 2 energy, possibly with the option of discarding 2 (3 if you want to be a bit mean ::) ,4 if you want to be outright sadistic >:D ) energy cards for the bonus 50.

Drenn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »
Well, then it wouldn't be birthday pikachu anymore, would it? Wait, it wasn't called that in the first place. I'll take it under consideration.

Also, I edited my last post while you were quoting it - there actually is no problem with the album. This patch is what you want - Lugia is in the "Premier" booster pack and "Here Comes Team Rocket" is in the "Legends" booster pack, as they're known in Artemis251's translation. The link is the same as before, but the patch is updated.
Zeldahacking.net: The hub for Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons hacking. We have a discord!

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:48 pm »
OK.
Also Lugia looks like it's feeling lonely so I've got another recommendation Ho-oh

Also, I'd love to see what you'd do with these:

Both are fan  made.

Drenn

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game 2 Hacks
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »
Like I said, I don't know where I'm going with this... I might make some second-gen cards, no guarantees, but keep in mind I'm a lousy artist... as far as I know.

Unfortunately a card can have only 2 attacks including pokemon powers, so I'd have to remove one of ho-oh's attacks. Other than that it should be quite doable.

But the mewtwos? I could only make a rough approximation of them. Clearly they reference a lot of elements not in the game, such as burn status and steel type. I'd be more interested in making real, balanced cards - that Mecha Mewtwo is the most overpowered card I've ever seen... just saying.
Zeldahacking.net: The hub for Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons hacking. We have a discord!

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05:04 pm »
Like I said, I don't know where I'm going with this... I might make some second-gen cards, no guarantees, but keep in mind I'm a lousy artist... as far as I know.

Unfortunately a card can have only 2 attacks including pokemon powers, so I'd have to remove one of ho-oh's attacks. Other than that it should be quite doable.

But the mewtwos? I could only make a rough approximation of them. Clearly they reference a lot of elements not in the game, such as burn status and steel type. I'd be more interested in making real, balanced cards - that Mecha Mewtwo is the most overpowered card I've ever seen... just saying.
I wasn't expecting you to put those mewtwo's in the game as is, I just really loved the art on those and would love to see the art used in the game.
Also if you think thats powerful you obviously haven't seen what's been being released over the last few years, 100 damage with 200 hp is now the norm for 2nd stage, and if you go into the ex,etc form's your looking at 200 damage (needing only 2-4 energy) 300-400 hp pokemon, and let me tell you it's not fun being on the receiving of one of those if you have nothing that can counter it.

Edit: Here's an example: Rayquaza

And this thing's included in a starter deck!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:13:18 pm by cobaltex »

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »
You've opened a can of worms, Drenn. Prepare yourself. :-p

And cobaltex, can you refrain from embedding such large images. It would be easier to include links to them, for those of us who have less than DSL.

Drenn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 04:09:47 pm »
I figured I'd get card requests, given the surprising popularity of the gameboy games.

I wasn't expecting you to put those mewtwo's in the game as is, I just really loved the art on those and would love to see the art used in the game.
Also if you think thats powerful you obviously haven't seen what's been being released over the last few years, 100 damage with 200 hp is now the norm for 2nd stage, and if you go into the ex,etc form's your looking at 200 damage (needing only 2-4 energy) 300-400 hp pokemon, and let me tell you it's not fun being on the receiving of one of those if you have nothing that can counter it.

Edit: Here's an example: Rayquaza
And this thing's included in a starter deck!
My knowledge of the trading card game is mostly limited to the gameboy ports, so I'm not used to cards that can do 120 damage with 3 energy cards... I guess this is why they phase out old cards.

I did some preliminary research on generation 2 cards. It's intimidating, to say the least... steel and dark types would need to be left out or changed, baby pokemon may or may not work, and some trainer cards could be very challenging. Attacks in general look feasible, but time-consuming. But if there's interest, adding generation 2 cards is something I'd like to do sometime. I'd need help with the art though.