This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.Update By:
A new beta has been uploaded for NINJA 2.0. The following changes have been made since the last version archived on ROMHacking.net:
- Added a check to make sure target file is writeable before patching.
- Added icon previews to the GUI.
- Added a detection for GB ROMs using magic bytes provided by Aerdan.
- Rewrote a lot of NINJA code to use escape strings instead of chr() evilness.
- Added support for using NINJA as a frontend for applying xdelta format patches. Required you have the xdelta executable (xdelta.exe) in the program path.
- Added icons for xdelta format and options for it to the file association menu.
- Fixed a glitch that was preventing users' language selection from actually being applied.
- Edited the German translation to match Tauwasser's suggestions.
- Retored ninja.bat for command-line users who refuse to install .NET 2.0.
- Fixed a glitch that prevented the command line options from showing when you entered no arguments.
- Added a "Please Wait" dialog to the patch creator since it can take a while, and otherwise people may think the application has frozen (seems a little flaky because all the power goes to the console read).
- Fixed IPS patching to work with the corrupt patches some IPS creators produce that do not end in "EOF".
- Changed the About dialog's address to the new page at http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/.
NINJA 2.0 is a new patch format that supports internal display data, file validation, directory patching, and can create patches that will work on any ROM format for NES, SNES, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System and Atari Lynx.
The official NINJA patcher can apply the following patch formats:
- RUP (NINJA 2.0)
- IPS (International Patching System)
- PPF (PlayStation Patch Format 1.0/2.0/3.0
- FFP/PAT (FireFlower Patch)
- PAT (Microsoft Binary File Compare output)
- GDIFF (Generic Diff Format)
If you add xdelta.exe to the NINJA folder, NINJA can also be used as a graphical front end for xdelta format patches.
This will be the final
beta. Please report any and all bugs and behavioral issues in either this post's thread on ROMHacking.net's forum or on the NINJA support forum at http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/bb/