News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I need help with Forte's facial marks (Rockman 7)  (Read 2123 times)

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
I need help with Forte's facial marks (Rockman 7)
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:23 am »
I need help on how to add Forte's facial marks on his sprites in Rockman 7.

The game didn't have any facial marks on Forte. I edited it using a color from Forte's forehead jewel ending with a light-blue color. Although his Armor Mode had purple, it makes me confuse in which tiles of Forte's face is from Normal Mode and Armor Mode. (Sorry I'm bad at typing today, got a cold & tired from work)

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
Re: I need help with Forte's facial marks (Rockman 7)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:24:24 am »
Try the snes pallete utility

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:55 am »
I managed to get the color purple on Forte's facial marks, but only worked for the Armor Mode.
I think Forte has 2 sets of palettes because the flaps on his helmet colored orange on Normal Mode and purple on Armor Mode, and there's no purple on Normal, which made the facial mark on Normal color orange.  >:( 

Try the snes pallete utility

I tried that utility, but it seems pretty hard for me to understand on how to use it, and there are other requirements/programs needed to use it fully. I don't feel like installing extra programs just to make that thing work. Thanks anyway.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »
Have you tried looking at the pallete's in the hex editor? That to me would be a surefire way to change the color. And by the now you know that megaman rom inside and out so the location of the pallette shouldn't be that hard to find. That's what I had to do to change the colors in the Ninja Gaiden cutscenes I am working on.