VERSION 2.10.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED.
* Added Spanish translation
* Some changes to dialog text, mostly better formatting, but also some flavor. For example, the crystal guys used to say “I would like to exchange my gem stone… But you don’t have the type of crystal I want.”
This was changed into “I love gem stones. [beat] But you don’t have the type that I want.”
This is so that the line works better when it appears immediately after you have completed a crystal swap. For the record, the original Japanese says pretty much the same as the NAR version: “I refuse to exchange my crystal with yours.”
In the Finnish version I split some lines that otherwise touched the right edge of the dialog box.
* I have reverted the ending order. It was a misunderstanding on my part. The endings are presented in reverse order in the script.
* Fixed a bug that caused music to cease or become broken when exiting sram save screen on PAL version (by pure chance it didn’t cause problems on NTSC).
* Fixed a bug that broke all PAL title screens since I added the gameover palette fix a few weeks earlier.
Now, about other translations.
— The Dutch
translation project was abandoned five years ago due to health issues from the translator. It is currently without an owner. IIRC all text has been translated, but there are playtesting issues, and the symbol budget is exceeded in a few places.
— The German
translation is likely the next one to come out. Seven months ago the translator contacted me expressing their wish to continue the project, and it took me this long to follow-up. As far as I can tell, there is not much work remaining to do. Today I fixed most of the outstanding bugs I know of.
— The Norwegian
translation is looking promising, but the translator vanished four years ago, promising to make adjustments and fixes and testing, but they never followed. I wonder what happened. There is still some work to be done. The symbol budget is exceeded in a few places.
— The French
translation came out six years ago, and in fact it was updated just a week ago. However, I don’t speak French. Could someone who speaks French fluently have a look at the French column in https://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/diff
and tell me, if everything looks alright? I notice the translator did away with some of my double linebreaks (blank lines), and I wonder if it’s a worrying sign.
— The Tagalog
translation came out six years ago. Could someone who speaks Tagalog fluently have a look at the Tagalog column in https://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/diff
and tell me, if everything looks alright?
— The Finnish
versions are maintained by me, but naturally I am always open for feedback. The Japanese text is mostly just a copy of the original text from FDS version, but I consulted with a native speaker for the extra lines.