News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon Yellow NES Translation Project  (Read 181205 times)

Lugia2009

• Yes that was a banana. No one expects the banana
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Yellow NES Translation Project
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2015, 09:48:44 am »
I don't like the machine translations either, I have a copy of the game's script I've been using for the translation.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2015, 06:22:26 pm »
Wow, I'm happy to see so much prgress on this.  :laugh: Seems I have an awesome Pokemon game for the NES to locate and play through in the near future! Pure awesomeness.

And level 10 Lugias?? I hope that isn't fixed until I catch one. :thumbsup:
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2015, 06:14:10 pm »
Things are progressing a bit, I've got most of the Poke'Dex translations finished!

CloudGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2015, 12:50:20 am »
okay, so i am playing the recent translation patch, and for some reason the trainers are not what they're supposed to be. I start with fighting Gary and get the scientist, and then encountering a Bug Catcher in Viridian Forest gave me a swimmer...the hell?

SBolton123

• You are banished to the blagole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2015, 07:34:31 am »
okay, so i am playing the recent translation patch, and for some reason the trainers are not what they're supposed to be. I start with fighting Gary and get the scientist, and then encountering a Bug Catcher in Viridian Forest gave me a swimmer...the hell?
I agree, a few of the trainers sprites don't match their overworld versions, would be nice to have that fixed.

ceriux

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2015, 09:19:58 pm »
hey i recently tryed to load this rom on my retron 5. all i got was a white screen... i was curious on the retron 5 would i have to load this ips patch using a famicon game in the port or should it be fine using a regular nes cart in the port?

i tried using metal gear in the nes port of the retron 5 when i loaded the ips patch.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2015, 10:47:19 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:52:41 am by Chpexo »

SBolton123

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2015, 09:45:52 am »
Also this project hasn't been updated in a while so it might be dead.
Well you could say that Lugia's taking a break for now or he's a bit busy but I'm hoping this project will continue sometime soon.

ceriux

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2015, 01:32:58 pm »
the retron has run homebrew roms fine. such as alterego and the flappy bird port. i'm sure its not that. do i have to apply this ips patch to the original or something? because i just grabbed the translation file left here and tried to load that. should i grab the original patch and patch it with this translation?

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2015, 02:33:41 pm »
Maybe this would give me a reason to actually finish a Pokemon game. I played Red and Blue back in the day, got about half way through and got bored. A version of Yellow that you can collect every Pokemon, in English and color, I'm all for!

butcherabsol

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2015, 05:24:15 am »
Hello everyone! Right now i'm student in China and i have found those beauties. I was searching for Lugia's email to contact him but i couldn't. Thought he may want to see some of those:

FF7's
front
back

Please Lugia send me an info when you see that post :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:32:54 am by butcherabsol »

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2015, 03:34:07 pm »
Sorry for the long absense, things have been pretty busy at home with yardwork and painting projects. Plus, since I started making dissidia models, I've been getting a bunch of requests to do model imports and to make original character models.

I've been working on Poke'mon Yellow here and there. It took forever, but I finally finished the Poke'dex translations! So I'm gonna release a new patch tomorrow.

So all that's left is the main story for the game, all other translation work is finished.

I agree, a few of the trainers sprites don't match their overworld versions, would be nice to have that fixed.

That's another thing that I'm gonna fix.

June 17, 2015, 11:00:00 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Alright the new patch is all set!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23698591/Pokemon%20Yellow%20-%20English%20(6-17-2015).rar

You need to patch over the original untouched version: Lei Dian Huang Bi Ka Qiu Chuan Shuo (NJ046) (Ch) [!].nes

I just need to fix the height and weight for the Poke'mon.  I found where it's located, the only problem is the max height can be 9'9" and the max weight is 999.9 lbs. So it won't be completely accurate.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:02:10 am by Lugia2009 »

mickyt888

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2015, 11:09:15 am »
Just wanted to say thank you for you're amazing work on this and Final Fantasy VII. I am a developer on Retro Achievements and have made a full set on Final Fantasy VII and currently working on Pokemon Yellow from you're translations:) Very appreciative of you're hard work and hope you like the look of these two sets.

http://retroachievements.org/Game/2137
http://retroachievements.org/Game/5777

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:38 pm »
Wow, this is pretty cool, I like the achievement system.  Thank you for this!  :thumbsup:

SBolton123

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2015, 07:43:26 am »
I'm so impressed on how this translation project is going great :) I still haven't made my full request about having my own character in the game :laugh:

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2015, 07:38:46 pm »
Good news! I finally finished the translation for the main story!  ;D

I also translated the post-game content.
Thanks SBolton123 for showing where and how I can access these parts of the game.  :thumbsup:

I still need to fix the translations for the attack names, but the game is playable from start to finish.

There's still some untranslated portions that I haven't found in the game yet.  If anyone finds them, just let me know where they are so I can go ahead and fix them.

Here's the newest patch for the game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23698591/Pokemon%20Yellow%20English%20Translated%20(08-19-2015).rar

After I finish the attack names, I'll submit the patch here.  Then I can start on the improvement project which'll clean up the overworld graphics and add the extra events and trainers to the game.

Technomancer

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »
Good news! I finally finished the translation for the main story!  ;D

Great work! :beer:

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2015, 01:43:43 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:18:32 pm by Chpexo »

lyjal

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2015, 07:58:00 pm »
Amazing!

I can't wait to see all the improvements!

SBolton123

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2015, 07:42:25 am »
YAY! The translation's done! :) Its all good Lugia, was happy to do my contributing to this project. :thumbsup:

Thanks SBolton123 for showing where and how I can access these parts of the game.  :thumbsup: