News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Madara (VRC6) to NES  (Read 3179 times)

optomon

• Rite of Spring
    • View Profile
Madara (VRC6) to NES
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:52:26 am »
Is it possbile to convert Madara from VRC6 to another mapper and run it on an NES, like similar to Castlevania 3? I'm assuming that there are things in the game other than the music that make the game VRC6 dependent.

Of course this is probably considered pointless and blasphemous by some people for some reason, as it could potentially desecrate the soundtrack, and the only functional purpose of doing it would be to make it playable on the grey box.

Bregalad

• View Profile
Re: Madara (VRC6) to NES
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:04:14 am »
It is playable with the help of a NES Powerpak, and with the enhanced soundtrack if you dare to add a resistor in your NES.

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:09:59 pm »
If you can get ahold of a copy, you can stick it in one of those cheap FC->NES converters. You'll lose sound regardless whether or not you have a resistor (unless you mod the converter).

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:47:22 pm »
A wire in the converted and a resistor in the NES is all that's needed to get sound with import FC games. It's really this simple.
The value of the resistor determines how loud the expansion sound is compared to the console's sound.

optomon

• Rite of Spring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »
What I'm wondering is if it is hypothetically possible to to put Madara on another mapper (like MMC5) and change the sound using another game's engine, so that it could be playable as just a regular cart.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 04:32:01 am »
Of course it is possible.
Now to who would want to do it, I think the answer is "nobody".