News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translhextion, tentative new revision  (Read 15202 times)

creeperton

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 07:24:54 pm »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:10:46 am by creeperton »

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
Re: Translhextion, tentative new revision
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 08:14:50 pm »
I think vanilla Translhextion already has it. In order to trigger it, you need to highlight the required area and then use the regular replace function. Should work with both table and regular modes.

As for the libraries, the project includes odbc32.lib, odbccp32.lib, comctl32.lib, and msimg32.lib (required for the GDI function GradientFill).
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 12:41:00 am »
Translhextion has always been my favorite hex editor. If I had to make any suggestions (which are probably already underway), they'd be to allow Searching for byte-strings that happen to include #00 and to not crash after adding/overwriting large blocks of data.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »
@Gemini: Heys! I've been using your T-hex (short for Translhextion lol) and I find it really newbie friendly. I hope your update will be available soon! Btw, I have a very little problem on using the Search hex function; sometimes I search a 4-hex  string and said it was not found (e.g. palette color), but when I entered one specific hex value and searching it one by one, the string that I was searching for is there.  Anyways, cheers to T-hex!  :woot!:

Kil

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 03:51:29 am »
Trying to compile it, but japanese.h has some encoding issue with EUC-JP in the LoadEncoding function. Shucks. It compiles if I get rid of the lines initializing to EUC-JP arrays. Guess I just won't use EUC-JP viewing and hopefully nothing explodes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:10:53 am by Kil »

Guyver

• =<O_O>=
    • View Profile
    • Chief-Net.ru
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:50 am »
Fix Translhextion 1.6c:

1. fix searching for of importances, beginning with zero (program was terminated with error!)
2. added menu: search -> set interval
3. find with table -> added searching with interval
4. relative search -> added searching with interval
5. relative scan -> added searching with interval

Download: http://chief-net.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=298&Itemid=55

author - MaPaT
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:04:46 pm by Guyver »
I not the wizard, I only study...

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 08:00:36 am »
Thank you SO MUCH for this !

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 12:12:40 am »
Trying to compile it, but japanese.h has some encoding issue with EUC-JP in the LoadEncoding function. Shucks. It compiles if I get rid of the lines initializing to EUC-JP arrays. Guess I just won't use EUC-JP viewing and hopefully nothing explodes.
Well, with the current build on the svn (which has a completely empty class for the hex editor frame) the EUC encoding shouldn't pose a problem as it's been completely removed. Shift-JIS is still in place because some tables still use that encoding, but EUC is so old and deprecated that I decided to remove it altogether. You can still simply convert the entire table to SJIS and obtain exactly the same result, so there's really not a single reason to keep it. ;)

For any other special encoding you can just default to Unicode, which is the main reason to change the program's behavior to work internally with UTF-16.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.