News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Is there a place to request a programmer?  (Read 2761 times)

Zanerus

• View Profile
Is there a place to request a programmer?
« on: September 14, 2012, 11:40:35 pm »
I know nothing of programming what so ever, and would like to know where I can find the assistance of one. It is related to my FF5V battle hacking project

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
Re: Is there a place to request a programmer?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:07:42 am »
There is the "Help Wanted Ads" link on the navigation bar to the left. I don't know how many people look through those though. I only remember it exists when somebody asks if there is a place to request help.

The best thing to do is post right here, and give a little info about the project so that people can gauge whether or not they are interested. It helps if you demonstrate that we won't be wasting our time. Show that you know what you are doing. If people see that you've already made some good progress on the project, or that you've completed past projects, or that you have well articulated, attainable goals, they should be more eager to help.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 11:14:11 am »
Actually, this gives me an idea for the site. I don't know how practical it would be, and it would probably require both time and energy that Nightcrawler doesn't have at the moment, but it might be neat to see the Help Wanteds tied into the forum in the same way that the news is. That way people can ask questions about the ads and they (maybe) get a bit more visibility.

Klarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 12:41:41 pm »
Actually, this gives me an idea for the site. I don't know how practical it would be, and it would probably require both time and energy that Nightcrawler doesn't have at the moment, but it might be neat to see the Help Wanteds tied into the forum in the same way that the news is. That way people can ask questions about the ads and they (maybe) get a bit more visibility.
I second that motion, good sir.

Zanerus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:45:02 pm »
There is the "Help Wanted Ads" link on the navigation bar to the left. I don't know how many people look through those though. I only remember it exists when somebody asks if there is a place to request help.

The best thing to do is post right here, and give a little info about the project so that people can gauge whether or not they are interested. It helps if you demonstrate that we won't be wasting our time. Show that you know what you are doing. If people see that you've already made some good progress on the project, or that you've completed past projects, or that you have well articulated, attainable goals, they should be more eager to help.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14957.0.html

I basically just need someone to write a program that takes offset table I'm making and makes it edit a ROM in an easy and user friendly manner. The offset table isn't done yet so I don't expect anyone to grab this project yet, but I tried making learning C#, Visual Basic, and C++ and coding for such things is beyond me.

As for your other comments,
 http://www.romhacking.net/documents/533/
A sonic hack project to create a mapped out value for all move list combinations for teams in Sonic Advance 3. It isn't much but a project hosted on this site.

Another project was some codes to re fight tamer rank battles in Digimon world dusk and dawn.

I am aware building a GUI for an editor is a big part for programming but basically thats it. All the hacking will be ready and the goals in clear acceptable terms when ready. I just know this would take me years, so I don't want to wait that long if it means I have to ask for help so be it.