News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Romancing Saga 3 Spanish translation [Released]  (Read 54696 times)

Hiei-

• View Profile
Re: Romancing Saga 3 Spanish translation [Betatesting]
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:07 am »
@DarknessSavior : You didn't answered to my last pm, the one where I was talking to send me the dump you was working on to send you the final tools (I forgot which dump I said you to translate on), so if you still want the final tools, check the last pm I sent you  ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:51:52 am by Hiei- »

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 03:58:03 am »
Hi, I'd like to translate this game to portuguese. I don't know japanese, so is there a way I could use your tools to translate the game to portuguese, based on your spanish translation or the english translation?

I can also test your translation...

Thank you

I think best choice is to wait for the translator to finish the english script. He is doing a great job and when all the script had been translated, I will let you all know in this thread.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 02:25:27 pm »
Awesome news Magno, does that means the spanish translation will be bassed on the english script?
or this translation is a new one bassed on your japanese-english guy?
well i have to say is that, i  will wait all the time needed to play this gem in spanish.
cheers man

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 11:11:55 am »
I have just added a cool feature to Romancing Saga 3: when the inventory is full, you CAN'T change your equipped weapon since the original algorith is:
 1) Check if the weapon is in the inventory
 2) If so, add 1 to the amount of that item; if not, insert the item into the inventory
 3) Pull out the weapon of the character equipment
 4) Last step, the user selects the new weapon to equip

If your inventory is full, you can't complete setp 2, so the error sound play and you can't do anything else. But you really could change your weapon if you "swap" them: you pull out one weapon from equipement and pull out another one from inventory, so the first one is inserted in the inventory and the second one inserted in the equipment.

Well, that's the improvement I just added to the game: now if your inventory is full, you still can equip one weapon (or armor or whatever) without releasing an inventory slot previously.

Keep tuned!

Fei Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »
Hola Magno, eres uno de mis traductores preferidos desde siempre, y espero con muchas ansias jugar a este juegazo en castellano, ¡mucha suerte con el proyecto, campeón!

Hi Magno, you are one of my all time favourite translators, and i'm waiting eagerly to play this awesome game in spanish, good luck with the project, champ!

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 04:18:42 am »
Hi Magno, you are one of my all time favourite translators, and i'm waiting eagerly to play this awesome game in spanish, good luck with the project, champ!

Thanks, man! I'm polishing last details in the game and it will be released soon.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 05:16:09 am »
Amazing work! Do you also plan to release a english version of your hack?

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41:59 am »
Amazing work! Do you also plan to release a english version of your hack?

Yes, in fact I'm waiting for the re-translated scripts, which are being translated by a japanese native into english. So a fully renewed english version will be released as soon as I get the scripts.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 08:10:48 am »
Please make sure to fix that old font of mine (which seems to be spreading like the plague, even without any credits to the original creator). It's supposed to be at least 1 or 2 pixels shorter as the original was planned to be used with much higher resolutions (512x448). This is what that font type is supposed to look like for any actual purpose:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:23:29 am by Gemini »
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Fei Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
Just a quick question for the Sa·Ga games that i never understood: What means JP? i know its the points for magic, i know that there is Life Points, Weapon Points...but i never could find out what JP stands for, anyone of you know it?

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 11:02:32 am »
Job Points?
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »
Job Points?
Given that it's for spells only (in SaGa Frontier, WP or Weapon Points was for weapon skills)? I assume it's probably a word related to Japanese. Something like 呪文 (Jumon) Points. Jumon meaning "spell".

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Starscream

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 12:25:13 pm »
I recalled something about "Jutsu", and googling reveals it's called like that in the Data/Mechanics guide over at Gamefaqs.

The English manual just says it's for "Spell Points".

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 04:19:04 pm »
Please make sure to fix that old font of mine (which seems to be spreading like the plague, even without any credits to the original creator). It's supposed to be at least 1 or 2 pixels shorter as the original was planned to be used with much higher resolutions (512x448). This is what that font type is supposed to look like for any actual purpose:

Thanks for your interest, but that font was made with FontCreator for WXP not copied from anywhere else.  Besides, most of the characters aren't the same: E, É, q, p, g, #, &, k, K, W, 6, Ñ, y... so I don't know what makes you think that is your font...

As for JP, I translated it as Magic Points, since the japanese text means something like that, so I believed it was the most accurate translation. Besides, "Magic Points" is more commonly used in RPG games.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:20:52 pm by magno »

saito

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 10:21:16 pm »
Good job magno, you really did justice with this jewel! Thank you!  :thumbsup:
.: TransGen :.

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 04:52:20 pm »
Well, after two months of hard testing, it looks like all bug have been fixed and all text formatting has been done. Release is coming really soon for the spanish version; I'm still waiting for news from the translator for the english version.

Meanwhile, you can see new screeshots:

The final menu layout:

One scene from the final cut-scene:

The credits (before and after):

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:57 pm »
It looks great, looking forward to the finish Spanish game, would it work on SD2SNES?

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »
It looks great, looking forward to the finish Spanish game, would it work on SD2SNES?

I suppose it will seeing as the patched game runs perfectly in the GameDoctor.

Fei Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 08:11:52 pm »
Awesome Magno! but i have a question, i play translated roms on my SNES Powerpak, but this one (along other JP games with region protection) doesnt work on it because it shows me the "This game is not designed for PAL and NTSC consoles", is there a way to patch the games for allowing them to play on it?

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 11:49:38 pm »
Use Ucon64 or Snestool, you can often remove those region protections with it (it's something called "Fix for PAL/NTSC" for Snestool and Ucon64 explain it in the documentation included in it).

If not, manual fix of a region protection on the SNES often only require the modification of a few bytes.

Seeing Magno removed the protection on it's Secret of Mana patch, I don't see why he wouldn't remove "Romancing Saga 3" one if there is one in the game.