News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Ace attorney Investigation 2 fan translation (position opening)  (Read 25002 times)

Auryn

• View Profile
Well, I never opened a topic in RHDN about this game but some attentive people know that I am at the head of an international translation group that is working on Ace Attorney Investigation 2.
There are 2 main groups in this project:
- the english group that is working only on AAI2 and is composed from people over the world (from Australia across europe till the usa)
- the french group that is working on AAI1 and AAI2 and is composed mainly of french people.
Both groups are collaborating exchanging everything with each othes but both groups are translating directly from Japanese.
We have all the graphics done, the hacking look stable and has been tested thru the whole case 1, we have even english voice sample already and the literal translation is still going on:
-Case 1: 100%
-Case 2: 99%
-Case 3: 60%
-Profiles: 20%
-Maps: 99%
-Choice Buttons: 99%

Sadly we lost the localization team 3 times already so I am here to see if there are people in here that want to help out with the localization of the text. For this job no romhacking experience is needed, only fluent english is required and if possible a good knowledge of the Ace Attorney series.

Another position I just opened up now is script inserter. For this job again, no romhacking experience is required and actually not even english because the most of this work is just copy /paste.

So I hope there are people ready to help so that we can finish this beautiful project soon.
If you are interested, just come forward and let a message in this thread.

Here some sample pics

Some graphics compared to AAI1

And when I said that we have all graphics done, I mean ALL! We eradicated all japanese from any background, texture or as you can see below here, even from the sprites

Duchess of Freege

Re: Ace attorney Investigation 2 fan translation (position opening)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:39:46 am »
It's great to see this project is still going!

I've been following this project for a while on other sites, and would be more than happy to help. I've played every localized Ace Attorney game multiple times, so I'm pretty familiar with the series and characters.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:45 am »
Sadly we lost the localization team 3 times already so I am here to see if there are people in here that want to help out with the localization of the text. For this job no romhacking experience is needed, only fluent english is required and if possible a good knowledge of the Ace Attorney series.

Another position I just opened up now is script inserter. For this job again, no romhacking experience is required and actually not even english because the most of this work is just copy /paste.
Really?  Sure, I might be able to chip in.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:15 am »
Nice to see some attention :)
What would you like to do you two?? localization or inserting or both??

Duchess of Freege

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »
I'd really like to do localizing, but I'm willing to do whatever is needed.

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:44:48 pm »
While this is a title I'm still crossing my fingers for to get an official release ...

I'd like to point out that I'm totally interested in this one (and wish you all the best and like what I see already) and would love to give a hand,but my limited time these days prevents me from going full force on anything.

However, once you're ready for the final rounds of polish, feel free to drop me a note and I'll gladly jump in and give you all a few pointers and bits 'n' bobs of feedback on the general presentation of things and how it evt. could be improved in terms of bringing things closer to the general requirements expected of a retail release (if desirable - and needed)

By the way, how're you doing things on the audio front? Adding whatever speech samples can be salvaged from the other games and then recording new ones for new chars? Or just keeping the Japanese lines?

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:33:48 pm »
Well, nothing is graved on stone but the patch will be probably progressive by case meaning:
Patch1:Case 1 beta
Patch2: Case 1 hopefully final + Case 2 beta
Patch3: Case1 Final + Case 2 hopefully final + Case 3 beta
and so on.

For the sound: like i said, we have already the samples ready and like i said, we eradicated all signs of japanese from the game.
If something was possible to be savaged from others games, it has been done else voice actors with different samples have been collected and chosen from by voting.

Thanks Duchess, we are getting things organized and we will contact you.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:40:45 am »
Nice to see some attention :)
What would you like to do you two?? localization or inserting or both??
Either or both, I suppose.  You make it sound too easy.  ;D
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

mrichston

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 04:37:35 am »
Hi!

People who are interested in inserting should register in our CR forum
and I've alread made thread, which has instructions for inserting.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_records/index.php?showtopic=4479

And PM me there, so I can give you tools.

Head of localisation comes from holidays at september, so we could wait that
for people, who are interested in localisation.

ChaosArgate

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26:10 am »
Is it too late to apply for a position? I've been dying to see AAI2 in English in some way shape or form and I'd love to be a part of this! I'm a native English speaker and am a huge AA fan so localizing would be right up my alley. I could do script insertion too, if needed.

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »
No ChaosArgate, just pm Mrichston and check that thread in his post.

ChaosArgate

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »
That link seems to be dead though O.o do I need to be signed in at Court Records to see?

Zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »
Signe in or peek at it via an internet cache.

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 09:37:02 am »
Yes, need to be signed in to view.

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 11:14:49 pm »
No Bump without a new sneak peek: HERE

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 02:48:17 am »
Time for a new update:

Reading around some forums, I noticed that many people are starting to think we are like Swenson: just air/talk and no facts, that we will never pubblish something and that we are too slow.

Well, we had many differnt problems in this project and we still don't know if we solved all but I want assure you that the project is living and continuing.

For those who think, they can do it faster, please feel free to do it.

One of the things I wanted to clear in this little update is the problem that was posted by Hacko some week ago,

Yes, we have found some limitation again in this damned game but it's unknow how much this problem actually really will affect the english translation.

We had a script file in case 1 that made the game freeze because of that limitation but we got a workaround working so that case1 isn't affected by that problem anymore.

i don't want to make this update long so for those who like %s:

Graphics I would say 99% done and inserted

The animations you saw in my last view post are undergoing pixel corrections to make them perfect so example the LOGIC CHESS BEGIN in my last video look now:

(not filal version either).

There is a poll right now in the forum to choose the voices that we will insert in the game so if you want to partecipate: HERE:

Talking releases, I wanted to make you notice the iminent release for case 2 of the french translation of AAI1.

As for AAI2, we said many times that the deadline for a patch would be Christmas 2012. Well, it's looking like this year Christmas will be comming much earlier than planned :P

Without many words, I let you with a new video. I hope you enjoy it and please comment:

ALPHA VERSION

Zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 02:21:26 pm »
Actually I've been really impressed with it so far.  Trolls can only troll because there's already a bridge for them to lurk under.
Great job, and we're still rooting for ya'!

If there's anything this world needs it's more Ace Attorney games.  The original Pheonix Wright is still one of my all-time favorites, and I have this dark, sinister notion that it would make a surprisingly good engine for a YuGiOh TV conversion ;*)

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 11:55:52 am »
Huge AA fan here, I'd be happy to help with editing and stuff if needed.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 11:28:31 am »
Man how in the hell have I missed this.   :banghead:

I can not express enough gratitude at the work on this project.  Seriously it will be a glorious day when this translation is completed.

All I can say is Sven of Capcom said, "The localization costs too much versus the returns."  So I guess the hacking team are rich right?   ::)

My hat is off to you, good sirs and kind!

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 11:32:15 am »
All I can say is Sven of Capcom said, "The localization costs too much versus the returns."  So I guess the hacking team are rich right?   ::)

They do have to market, license, and distribute the game, and that doesn't come free. And the hacking team is hacking this game because they want to- Capcom's team would have to be paid to do it (and even if they already wanted to do it, there's the marketing, licensing, and distribution).
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.