News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: SMB1 Mario hurt thing  (Read 2200 times)

TuragTheHedgehog

• View Profile
SMB1 Mario hurt thing
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:18:23 am »
Hi, would someone want to edit the assembly of SMB1 and make that if Mario is firey and gets hurt doesn't turn back to small Mario, but to big Mario without fire like in SMB3?
I saw this in the hack of Super Mario Unlimited.
Now what I want is that you make that assembly code, but without increasing the size of the code or shifting other pieces of code while editing so that it can work as a patch so I can patch my ROM with it.

I was trying to do some stuff myself, but it just made an infinite loop of Mario dying at the same spot ^^;

If you need the SMB ASM file and all headers, chr files and etc., I'll send them to you somehow, but I don't know where I got them. There is one ASM file of SMB1 in RHDN, but it's not enough.
What I downloaded is the header file, chr file, asm file, compiler and a batch file which executes all assembly operations at once.
Thank you

Miksy91

• View Profile
Re: SMB1 Mario hurt thing
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:48:25 am »
Now what I want is that you make that assembly code, but without increasing the size of the code or shifting other pieces of code while editing so that it can work as a patch so I can patch my ROM with it.
Do you really believe that what you're asking here will come true? Seriously? Asking someone else to do the job for you but ordering this unnamed person what not to do at the same time is going to lead you nowhere at all.

First of all, learn how assembly works. Then, try for example to track down the wanted code by studying that ips-file (or whatever the data format is) which is used to patch to the mario game to turn it into Super Mario Unlimited.
Pokemon Dark Energy is a rom hack based on Pokemon Silver. Like most pokemon hacks, it retains the pokemon stylish gameplay but has plenty of elements from other RPGs as well. You'd better check it out!