I just want to keep people up to date what's going on with a change log. My goal right now is to get all of the play mechanics I definitely want programmed in before I start modifying levels and such.
7/14 - Implemented breaking bricks by hammers thrown by Hammer Mario
7/15 - Implemented global ice blocks. These are generated by the old movable blocks.
- Added frozen coins and ice blocks that are thawed with fireballs. They are slick and are globally available.
- Added Ice Mario mode with ice balls distinguished from fireballs.
- Iceballs turn enemies into ice blocks
- Add an ice flower power up
- Ice flower has it's own ? block it lives in
- Enabled jumping from vines
- Separated small and big jumping sounds
- removed the score sprites completely (which borked ths coring overall, woops!)
- Added rainbow palette cycling for invincibility effect, applies to grabbing an ice or fire flower "transformation" as well
7/16 - Attempted to do mid-scanline palette swap for the status bar. Was patially successful but caused a lot of new bugs. Reverted the change.
-Removed goal card goals (not used in game)
-Modified Piranha plants to emerge from pipes with a greater velocity.
7/17- Modified ice balls to freeze standing water
-Placed in code to plan for an "alternate" version of all power ups via a flag.
-Removed code commented out from the game to improve readability. Left comments to note what was deleted.
And just so people know I'm not blowing smoke:
Here's the ice flower and the status bar below is hijacked to lo be finely controlled now.
Ice Mario freeze standing water
Standing on the frozen water