News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROLL♥CHAN Evolution!  (Read 79903 times)

gadesx

• View Profile
Re: ROLL♥CHAN Evolution!
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2018, 01:44:25 pm »
I don't ask "add x feature", I say thatI don't see neccesary because the game it's fine by default.
BTW everyone can make any hack with any feature, but break parts of the control for rollchan, not seems the point. I like Roll chan hacks without control changes, but well Zynk can do anything that prefer.

Original is: Right direction pressed a moment, right step only

Some hacks around: Right direction, walking directly, so you have to jump to reach the perfect
position to jump in some areas.

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2018, 08:33:06 pm »
I think that Roll at Roll-Chan Series is DRN-001 and Mega Man (Rock) is DRN-002, is not it?
Its an open plot, nothing is affixed. But IMPO Roll-chan is still DRN-002.

Please, make a version without the Wilyfix-Nes style hack that BREAK the gameplay,
because the movement in the megadrive version it's different, you press
a direction and megaman walk a step, another time, another step, so for example you
can move the character to the best position to jump over a pit, that patch eliminate that and
you walk directly without that step, so you have problems. The buster it's the only good of the patch,
also make the game easier.
I think I will not add gameplay changes. I think its possible to apply some fixes from separate patches available. Not have tested yet though.

----
BTW, I don't feel like hacking the JP version. Is it worth hacking? I have Mottzilla's SRAM save hack as base, so the game will probably work normally with emulators and real hardware withour regional hoo-has.  :huh:

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2018, 09:31:32 pm »
The JP version of Wily Wars has no real advantages over the PAL version aside from playing in 60hz.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2018, 10:08:22 pm »
The JP version of Wily Wars has no real advantages over the PAL version aside from playing in 60hz.
Didn't someone at some point make a patch for the PAL one to work on NTSC hardware at 60hz?

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:36 pm »
Roll-chan for the Game Gear is now available! :woot!:  :woot!: :woot!:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4278/

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2018, 07:26:35 pm »
Awesome! I might do a playthrough of your new GG mod at some stage. I wanted to do one of them but I still wanna do Megaman 1-6 with original graphics so the GG variant is perfect :3

Korxroa

• Korxtendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2018, 06:56:33 am »
Soon new Version 3.0 added Mega Man 11's Roll Outfit for Mega Man 1 to 6 and MM Gameboy games
like Game Gear version is already.

Roll-Chan is coming to Mega Man Wily Wars (Mega World in Japan) and Mega Man 7, except Rockman & Forte for SFC.
Roll-Chan: Mega World will be released on December 17th next year, after 25th Anniversary of MM: Wily Wars released in 1994.
Roll-Chan 7 (coming in 2020, after Roll-Chan: Mega World is released) is second sprite Mega Man 7 Hack,
first sprite was Bass in Mega Man 7 Hack by Falchion22 (creator of Z in Mega Man X1 Hack).
The Last Fun Life