The long, long struggle of ancient times finally ended...
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens.
Four bells tolled.
Four torches were lit.
And the world continued for thousands of years...
At long last, presenting the final incarnation of my Phantasy Star IV mod...Reparations: Phantasy Star IV v1.0 for GenesisReparations: Phantasy Star IV v1.0 for Steam
The script has undergone a thorough examination, but unlike previous rewrite works of mine, I aimed to fuse the official localization with more naturally-spoken English. The only exceptions to this are where I fixed translation errors as provided by The Cutting Room Floor's comparison between the 4 leaked prototype scripts, the final, and the Japanese original. Characters will often convey the same information while saying less, leading to a snappier, more immersive experience. Additionally, lore terms have been carefully cross-referenced to adhere to standards set by Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star II. No more Algo, Parma, Dezolis, Lashiec, Laeruma, STAR-DEW, or Hydrofoil!
Some additional features:
- Expanded location labels of up to 17 letters
- Slightly expanded several menu selections to permit readability and avoid abbreviation
- Proper case menu terms return, with dashes instead of spaces between inventory names
- Items, equipment, and abilities renamed to take advantage of their full letter limits as necessary; at times renamed to avoid truncation
- Gryz can equip all knives (Except for the MAHLAYDGGR)
- The RYKR-RING is a helmet for Hahn, Gryz, Demi, Raja, and Kyra (18 DEF, 10 MDF)
- The planet labels of the unused map item have been translated
- The unused axe's stats have been adjusted (82 ATK, 30 DEF)
- The unused, unequippable armor has been changed into a body armor and had its stats adjusted (DEF +120, MDF +45)
- All of lory1990's bug fixes have been incorporated
Thanks so much to lory1990 for his Phantasy Star IV disassembly and mziab for his guidance, location label expansion routine, and additional tools.