News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Lady Jess Projects  (Read 1239 times)

Lady Jessica

• High Priest
    • View Profile
Lady Jess Projects
« on: March 28, 2021, 06:41:24 am »
Under pressure from some people around me, I've decided to finally surface here and make a thread for my projects, most of which are typically translations.

Air Management '96
(aka Aerobiz '96, remake of Aerobiz)

(Yeah, the screenshot size/aspect isn't quite ideal, sorry.)
I know that someone in the past had a project for the Saturn version of this, but I've been working on a translation of the PlayStation version of this game. I have no idea how to modify the graphics at the moment. I suspect the only graphics in need of modification are in the "COMMAND.GDT" file, but I don't know this file's format whatsoever, and at the moment I can't find the time to even begin to figure it out... not that I'm even sure where to start. Virtually all of the text should be in English aside from the graphics, but a lot of it is untested in terms of formatting and stability. Still, I'm providing an early patch right here, to apply to the game's bin (bin/cue format). This is considered to be late alpha or early beta. It should be mostly, if not entirely playable, but there are bound to be issues besides just the few untranslated graphics.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qxg1tq

Royal Blood II ~Dinar Kingdom Era~
(aka Gemfire II)

I've replaced all of the text in the game's program and scenario files, but the "Message.rb2" file (which contains all of the dialogue text, which is rather less than you'd expect) has an absolutely mind numbing format that eludes me at the moment; something like half-width katakana being used for both full-width katakana and full-width hiragana with some sort of toggle code. If anyone knows the deal there, by all means I would accept any help. Patch will only be compatible with the Japanese version of the game. Current alpha is considered "barely useful enough to play the game."
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6iu3gv

goldenband

• View Profile
Re: Lady Jess Projects
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 02:32:59 pm »
Very nice, and really great to see Koei games getting some attention.

I have a copy of the hacker's materials from the abandoned Saturn translation of Air Management '96, so if those materials can be of any help, let me know. (I don't expect you'll need them, but if you do, thought I'd offer.)

Lady Jessica

• High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 05:05:12 pm »
I have a copy of the hacker's materials from the abandoned Saturn translation of Air Management '96, so if those materials can be of any help, let me know. (I don't expect you'll need them, but if you do, thought I'd offer.)
Could be interesting to see, at least, even though everything they might have touched should already be done here.

DragonAtma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 03:05:40 pm »
Aha! As someone who enjoyed Gemfire far too much, I'm glad to see Gemfire II is finally getting translated.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
My mods: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Gemfire, 7th Saga, and more

Prock78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 04:51:39 am »
Hello!
Thanks for translating this game Lady Jessica! I'm really interested in this game, but it seems the download link for this alpha or beta patch doesn't work anymore, could you please upload it again? Thanks!  :)