News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Seal: Travelers of Destiny (Windows) English Translation  (Read 44875 times)

derboo

• View Profile
    • derboo's Translation Page
Re: Seal: Travelers of Destiny (Windows) English Translation
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »
Below are two screenshots with differently colored text. I've also posted a link to a save file pretty far in somewhere on the last page...

The game writes the journal entries into the "Memo.00x" files that go with each "Save.00x". I've meddled with those files in the very beginning, the formatting there is rather complex, each character seems to consist of 4 bytes. One byte for the color, one for the gap to the previous (or following?) character, and always two bytes for the character itself. I forgot the order they're in, though.

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2012, 12:48:47 am »
Ok.  What do you want me to label these colors as.  Maybe its my screen or maybe I'm getting old but I can't tell the difference between some of them.  Like the first third and fourth one, and the fifth and sixth one.  The last two are the regular two colors.  Baldea's text and user input text.

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 03:18:59 am »
I don't get the slight variants, either. Maybe the developers entered them by hand and made some slight mistakes. Either of the two unknwn ones (see below) could be Veorin, as he hasn't made any entries in any of my savegames yet.

In order:

Duran
Clare
Duran?Clare?
Duran?
Velgarus
Velgarus?
Arus
Unknown 1
Unknown 2
Baldea
User

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »
OK here are the other two.  Yeah its possible they made mistakes; the codes for the first one and fourth one are 0x95 and 0x94 respectively.  Alright now I can get back to work on the hacking.

Update:  Here is a patch that allows typing English into the journal.  The game was already set up for it, but the condition was just never met.  Maybe our western keyboards lacked the necessary key to enable it or the designers just decided it wasn't necessary and left it out. 

Edit: Outdated links removed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:56:51 am by Xalphenos »

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 06:28:11 pm »
Cool! I guess one would have had to switch the input type to Korean and then press alt to change to latin characters originally, but AFAIK that is only possible in windowed applications, or maybe by defining hotkeys.

I've currently put the main script on halt to concentrate on the choices and journal, the size of the script is a bit daunting to start with ;)

Concerning my predictions for the journal colors:

Duran : correct
Clare : correct
Duran?Clare? : Duran
Duran? : correct
Velgarus : Seems to be Clare, oddly enough. Maybe we should fix this color to avoid confusion? Not 100% sure yet, though.
Velgarus? : correct
Arus : correct
Unknown 1 : correct (yeah, really unknown)
Unknown 2 : correct
Baldea : correct
User :correct
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:44:28 pm by derboo »

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 11:01:33 pm »
Yeah the script is huge.  It took me four days just to get through a fifth of it when I was being stupid and trying to manually create a pointer table to dump with.  I could only imagine how it would be trying to read it, understand it, and convey that meaning in another language.  Seems like its going to be a real stellar game though.

Yeah we should solidify those journal colors at some point.   Also, unrelated, The mp3 BGM is actually higher quality than the wav BGM.  So anyone installing this for the first time select mp3.

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »
I've got one translation issue I'm currently not sure how to solve. Before making an extra thread in the script help forum, maybe someone here has got some ideas:

There's an organization of warriors in the game whose name would be best translated as "militia" in the context of the game (literally it's just "citizen organization") but there is actually a proper militia nearby from which it has to be distinguished. I was thinking of using "Rangers" for the name, but they're also associated with a forest, and I want to avoid them being confused with THAT kind of ranger.

It's called 시민단, the characters would be 市民團/市民団/市民团, for anyone who reads Hanja/Hanzi/Kanji.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:17:10 pm by derboo »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 09:12:06 pm »
Vigilants maybe?

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 04:06:23 am »
That sounds cool, I'll probably run with that. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:39:31 am by derboo »

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 12:38:27 am »
Alright derboo here is the latest patch.  The ending battle text should be displaying correctly now.  I rewrote it to load strings of variable length so if you want to alter the lines later there is no limit to the length.  We would need to move the strings position in the exe so it doesn't write over anther one though. 

The videos and bgm will now try to load from the hard drive first in "/movie" and "/music" in the install directory; if not found it will search the cd.  For the music its all or nothing.  I couldn't see a need to only load some music from the hard drive and some from the cd so I didn't feel it worth the time to make it do that.  All the music is only like ~50MB. If you want to have the music on your hard drive just copy all the mp3s and the .wvl files to the hard drive.  It will work with the wavs too but they are of inferior quality and much higher size. The movies can be loaded from both though so you could have only the translated videos on the hard drive and everything else on the cd or just have them all on the hard drive. 

Ill look into that fight now.  I've done everything pretty much all out of order but I realized you would be spending alot of time with that script.  If you manage to power through alot of let me know so I can drop what I'm doing and write the script inserter.  I hate coding so I've been putting it off. 

Edit: Outdated links removed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:59:39 am by Xalphenos »

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2012, 07:20:05 am »
Awesome. Now I could try out the re-encoded FMVs with subtitles, and they work perfectly.

In other news, I've uploaded a translation of the documentation from the old homepage (together with lots of additional background info by me), complete with information about the setting, character profiles and artwork. You can find it at my translation project page.

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2012, 02:01:32 pm »
I'm checking out the website now.  Thanks for taking the time to put it together.  There appears to be some missing images on the about page though.  Also you can run by holding the shift key; much easier than double tapping the arrows.

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2012, 04:39:42 pm »
I'm checking out the website now.  Thanks for taking the time to put it together.  There appears to be some missing images on the about page though.  Also you can run by holding the shift key; much easier than double tapping the arrows.

Oh, and I played through the entire game with that annoying double-tap. Darn!

Images should all be there, though?

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
Alright derboo that fight is ridiculous.  I'm 100% behind you making it easier.  I removed two of the monsters on the front row and one from the back and it still took me a few tries, though I still haven't mastered the system and didn't do anything but attack and heal.  Perhaps some skills would have made it easier.  To edit that fight how you want just open up the fmap.fap from the data folder and go to offset 0x04d8.  You will see 0x1700170017000e000e000e00.  the 17s are the front row and the 0Es are the back row.  To clear a monster replace it with 0xFFFF.  I changed it to 0xFFFF1700FFFF0E00FFFF0E00.  I'm really not sure which of the two creatures are stronger. If you really feel like experimenting you can swap in any monster by changing the numbers.

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 11:11:44 am »
I've decided to remove two enemies from the front row. It's still one of the tougher fights in the game and you have to know the system well to succeed (at least on a grind-free playthrough), but now it's at least somewhere on the same level as the rest of the game.

The diary text is finished, too. Now to the dialogs... *sigh

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 05:13:41 am »
Finally.  The BGM looping is solved.  Here is the latest patch.

I wish you luck on the dialogs.

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »
I've searched through all the .spr files and have found these that have Korean in them.  Hopefully derboo will swing by to translate them soon.  After he translates them we where hoping that someone with graphics editing skills would be willing to edit in the translations.  We would be very grateful.

This one derboo told me should be "Progress" or "Completion"
I'm not sure if this one is used or not.  This is the only town that has one.
@derboo I hope one of these is the image you where talking about.

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2012, 05:25:21 am »
Alright, here's what they say:

He's shouting "Argh!" split over three frames. Not sure how one would go about imitating that with roman letters... (the rightmost one should be the one actually displayed first in the game, the one in the middle last)

This reads "Very disappointed look." ("Disappointed look" should be enough for the translation, in case it's hard to fit inside the bubble) That's the one I had seen in the game.

Yep, I think "Completion" would be better for the translation, as the percentage also includes optional sidequests.

We don't really need to edit this either way, since it just spells the town's name in Hangeul.

Btw., are we now also able to change the size of the original "Items" window in battle? I could modify that one myself (as it's just a job of cropping and pasting multiple copies of it together so that they fit) if you can rip and upload it.

And yeah, I tried meddling with one of those images posted here, and the results didn't look good. So if someone more talented is willing to contribute, please do. :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:01:27 pm by derboo »

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 02:08:06 am »
Got the program to convert back to .spr written today. 
Btw., are we now also able to change the size of the original "Items" window in battle?
But of course. 

Let me know if you want to tweak any positions; if you're happy with it I'll send you a new patch.  It'll be tomorrow though.  I'm going to sleep.
Oh in case you didn't know it is the same graphic used for both so you can't change one without the other.  Unless I figure out how to add more graphics to the .spr file than where originally there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:14:04 am by Xalphenos »

derboo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:06 pm »
Hmm, I think I'd like the cursor and text be moved a bit to the left (so that the text is about centered for double-digit item numbers, and the cursor only halfway inside the window).